Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Crush or Hopeless

I think I have a crush for my group fitness instructor. Is it a harmless obsession or should I make a move? Our eyes lock a lot during the class. :love:

Replies

• albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    I think I have a crush for my group fitness instructor. Is it a harmless obsession or should I make a move? Our eyes lock a lot during the class. :love:

maybe he and you are meant for each other................only one way to find out
  • This sounds like how everyone thinks the Starbuck's barrista is hot for them...
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member

maybe he and you are meant for each other................only one way to find out

Hmm.. She is a 5' blonde hottie. :huh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member

You don't want my opinion. I'm still bitter from my most recent rejection even though he so obviously wanted me. It seems he only wanted one thing.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member

Riiiiiiight...........
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member

Riiiiiiight...........

Hotness is a matter of opinion. I say if you like her then go for it. Don't hold back your feelings. But if she rejects you don't take it personally and don't convince yourself that there is any real reason for the rejection. Let her have her reasons and move on to the next one.
  • I have a crush on a MFP user... I wish she new how special she is. She's a real woman... lol
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    This sounds like how everyone thinks the Starbuck's barrista is hot for them...

TOO funny! That made my day!!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Well, It is normal for people to "Fall In Love" with their Instructor...No matter what it is. I did when I was in college, and when I taught college, I had My number of admirers. 99.9% of the time I and they were WRONG! When My Eyes locked with a Student, I was JUST hoping they "GOT IT," meaning what I was teaching. I suggest you STOP building -up Stuff in Your mind about this person, fantasizing and the like, that is VERY Dangerous! Either ask for a "Date" (could be awkward if person says NO and you stay in class...) or let it go, totally. At any rate, STOP the fantasy stuff, especially if the person of interest is a woman.

Just IMAGINE the number of "Students" that want to date her?! She and/or the company may have a policy of "NO Dating the Students."
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Well, It is normal for people to "Fall In Love" with their Instructor...No matter what it is. I did when I was in college, and when I taught college, I had My number of admirers. 99.9% of the time I and they were WRONG! When My Eyes locked with a Student, I was JUST hoping they "GOT IT," meaning what I was teaching. I suggest you STOP building -up Stuff in Your mind about this person, fantasizing and the like, that is VERY Dangerous! Either ask for a "Date" (could be awkward if person says NO and you stay in class...) or let it go, totally. At any rate, STOP the fantasy stuff, especially if the person of interest is a woman.

Jeez! What is wrong with a good fantasy? Everybody needs a few for the bank.

Plus, you have to meet somebody somewhere, why is the gym so different from a bar, work, school, store, etc...
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member

oh, in that case...........harmless obsession
  • ChrisStoney
    I agree, *kitten* or get of the pot
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    " especially if the person of interest is a woman. "

May I ask why that is? :brokenheart:
  • txmike64
    txmike64 Posts: 57 Member
    This sounds like how everyone thinks the Starbuck's barrista is hot for them...

Whattttt!!!!!!!!!
    You mean I've been dropping major change there for NOTHING? That would be the only reason why I'd ever buy a $4.50 coffee!!!!!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    May want to check out what kind of rules they have agian dating members.. Pretty sure she wouldn't return the feelings if you got her fired ;) lol
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    I have a friend who's wife is a spin and Zumba instructor and she has to deal with guys making passes at her quite a bit. I'm not telling you this to discourage you but to warn you that she may be inclined to reject an advance from a class member just because she may get that all the time. So be careful how you approach at and make she she knows you're serious and not just being a "typical" guy.
  • Joking aside, 9 trillion girls within a square mile of you, and you have to go for the one teaching your class?

Go for one of the other 8.999999999999 trillion. The risk of awkwardness/messing up someone's job is higher than the probability of your getting lucky. :-)
  • (ignore--can't delete)
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member

Jeez! What is wrong with a good fantasy? Everybody needs a few for the bank.

Plus, you have to meet somebody somewhere, why is the gym so different from a bar, work, school, store, etc...

The Gym is not different, the situation is different. If she is "hot", she is probably used to the students "panting" after her; as I said she may have a no date policy, just to keep "dudes" off of her back! Oh, a "fantasy" is OK, as long as it can be kept that way. With some people it TURNS into a Fixation or Stalking or something BAD, especially if done over a long time. Women can usually pick-up a "slimy" feeling around a guy.
  • ChrisStoney
    [/quote]

The Gym is not different, the situation is different. If she is "hot", she is probably used to the students "panting" after her; as I said she may have a no date policy, just to keep "dudes" off of her back! Oh, a "fantasy" is OK, as long as it can be kept that way. With some people it TURNS into a Fixation or Stalking or something BAD, especially if done over a long time. Women can usually pick-up a "slimy" feeling around a guy.
    [/quote]

Gee whiz, let the poor guy try before you turn him into a stalker, God!