• BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Personally, High octane 1/4 sprint/drag are FAR more fun than NASCAR races
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Race what makes you happy.

If you aren't having fun racing, I hope you are fast enough to be getting paid to do something that you don't like doing, right?

So don't worry about what your friends are doing, if you find that the training and running of a 10km (or a longer race) just doesn't work for you, don't do it.

Personally, 5km races near kill me. I can go hard (for me) for about 4km and then I tank. I can keep a steady pace for 10km with a high level of burn (again, for me), but in reality I'm only happy at the half marathon distance. At that distance I love the training, I enjoy the race and I find that I can push myself to almost the same speed I can for a 10km. It just works for me. Marathons... well, they get boring and my body falls apart at about 32km, but I'm getting there.

Hats off to you for being able to push through the pain of going hard for 5km, that's tough!

Enjoy yourself, run what works for you and have fun.

S

JokeOverHead3.jpg

HAHAHAHA ziiiiiiiing!
  • deb_sully
    Options
    I had to come over just to see what the fuss is all about! I'm glad it was just 5k vs. 10k. You scared me for a second! :laugh:
    Smiles burn calories, don't they... I know laughing does. So thanks!
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Oh my! I was so mad earlier at the title, it has taken me hours to open this up. LMFAO I was ready for it to be real ugly!! Thanks for the laugh!!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i got you guys good!
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    What about those ultra marathons, what the what!
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    LMBO!! MAN! I was getting ready to go off on someone!! You better be glad you were talking about a different kind of "race" ;-)
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Got me! And made me laugh. Thanks!:laugh:
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    this is my favorite thread.