LESS Alcohol ~ APRIL 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 17AF days in March.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Sunday April 09 - AF - Working long hours to get the garden started is a real trigger for me, which I need to avoid since there is like a month and a half of it to go until everything can be planted. Potatoes are in, pea garden has begun. Rain is forecasted for the next couple of days, so I wanted to get stuff planted on non-work days so as not to limit myself for time.
    Monday April 10 - Drinks. Zero willpower was the reason. Day 6, Day 10, and Day 16 are always my mini AF goals throughout the month. Going to hit the 6 Tuesday.
    Tuesday April 11 - AF - Planned AF for Wednesday. 6AF days achieved, next up 10AF days to get to.

Rolling total: 6AF days out of 11 days.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    @itladyee Chin up! You can do this! Losing weight is incredibly hard for certain people of a certain age and has so many factors, which it sounds like you are taking into account. I am working very hard on weight loss too and some days….man. I’m glad you had a lovely vacation, everyone deserves that.

@lmlmrn I love hearing about your adventures! So fun!

@Michieb125 Your pictures are breathtaking. I’m so jealous. I live about 2 hours from Lake Michigan, which is a huge lake but it’s really only enjoyable in the summer. I live in an apartment across the street from a lake but it is a busy lake and I’ve heard not great things about the cleanliness of the water 🤢
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    @joans1976 Ha! I laughed out loud about "coffee being pried from your cold dead hands"! I'm with you on that, along with a piece of chocolate and an occasional glass of red wine. Some pleasures are simply worth the consequences.
  • RockinRobyn672
    @globalhiker Oh how I I feel for you and relate on your toe! I'm glad you're doing better there. On "being smarter and adapting to my aging self and learning how I can continue to push my limits without breaking", well said! I'm in the same boat. I've been a runner and cyclist most of my life and it's hard to accept that things are changing. I'm hoping to run again after my foot surgery. It's been almost three months. I'm grateful that it hasn't stopped me from cycling.
  • RockinRobyn672
    @globalhiker I hope you get the A/C issues worked out quickly and congrats on some relief from hot flashes!
  • RockinRobyn672
    edited April 2023
    Hi All! Since joining this group Nov '22 I no longer drink on a daily basis. I'm drinking less for weight loss and overall health.

NA beers last night. I had a Brew Dog Hazy (20 cals) with dinner, and then a Clausthaler Dry Hopped (89 cals) after. If this were alcoholic beer, it would have been a TON of calories. I need/want to make it a habit to have only one, A or NA, when drinking beer.

Yesterday was day three of sticking to my weekday IF plan and tracking my meals (but not calories) outside of MFP. I lost weight after the first couple of days. I was a little disappointed this morning because my weight was the same as yesterday, although yesterday included a 30-minute Pilates workout and good food choices. My body must be protesting (ha!). Today I plan to get in a spin, but food intake will be a challenge since it's date night. I will be looking for salad w/protein choices on the menu.

Rolling Total: 7 AF Days out of 12