Women 200lb+, Let's Astound Ourselves This April!!!

Options

Replies

• Aswennu
    Aswennu Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Sorry I missed logging in on 04/07, as I planned (and sorry for adding a new post..I have no idea how to edit the old one, lol).

Weight for 04/07: 212.8 (though I am already above that now :/)

How do you guys feel about eating your exercise calories? I feel like I keep dipping into mine more than I'd like to...

@pamperedlinny I LOVE the face paints! My daughter is 9 also ans you're absolutely right, we need to cherish these moments while we can. Also, good on you for staying on track with Bible study night! All of the temptation would have been a lot to handle.

@CupcakeCrusoe Congrats on hitting your new lowest! That's amazing and I'd be thrilled to be where you are now. Hopefully this will make your vacation a little sweeter

@barbmessier I'm rooting for you! Imagine how you'll feel in May knowing you're not above 200

@swimmom_1 Welcome back! I've had lots of ups and downs too. As long as we keep getting back up, that's what matters.

@badnoodle Cookbooks really inspire me too. Of you have any suggestions, let me know. Right now, I am taking out my "Salads" book by Sue Quinn, to hopefully help me spice up my lunch as Spring goes into full
    gear
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    My name is Mary, 65 from Pennsylvania.
    Been MIA for a few months but still logging in everyday since I started MFP 5/14/21.

Unfortunately lost my mojo and gained a lot back but not all Thank God! Need to get back on track and focused. I bought a NEW to me, gently used, Commercial PreCor EFX 835 Elliptical. It was delivered the beginning of November, as others here know I wore my previous 10+ year old one out from my extensive workouts. Back up to 150 minutes on my 3 days off per week.

Good to see some familiar names here and glad to see some new ones too!

Heaviest weight 255 lbs, twice. :-(
    9/14/20-255 lbs
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs
    4/6/22- 147.6 lbs (107.4 lbs lost) I did NOT have a surgery. Did Keto.
    8/1/22- 167.2 lbs
    12/1/22-198 lbs
    1/1/23- 213.4 lbs
    2/1/23- 207.4 lbs
    3/1/23-201 lbs Yippee!

4/1/23- 207.6 lbs Been struggling as you can see. :-(
    4/2/23- 209 lbs. I need to get my head right and be more accountable to myself in this. I need to get back in control and off the carbs again. Back to my lower level of daily carbs(15g net +/- 3) and FOCUSED on what is best for me! Not short term enjoyment. Elliptical HIIT setting 150 minutes for 10.11 miles today (I do my elliptical like this 3x per week, on my off work days, pretty religiously. Thursday, Friday & Sunday this week).

4/9/23- 203.6 lbs Elliptical HIIT setting 150 minutes for 10.04 miles zones 2, 3 & 4. (Also on Friday & Saturday same elliptical time & mileage). Meat & low carb veggies for Easter lunch today but I had a piece of a Dominican Pineapple cake. OMG! Not rich and a whipped cream icing but moist as a Rum cake. So delicious! Worth the calories & Carbs IMO.

• RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Nov 1st: 260
    Dec 1st: 250
    Jan 1st: 243
    Feb 1st: 238
    Mar 1st: 246
    Apr 1st: 245
    Apr 9th: 241.8
    Apr 16th:
    Apr 23rd:
    Apr 30th:

Week 1:
    🌻Swim x2 a week ✅️
    🌻Strength Train x2-x3 a week✅️
    🌻Stay within calorie goal✅️
    🌻Eat more protein❌️
    🌻Log all food✅️
    🌻Find a new job✅️

Pretty happy with myself this week. I exercised 5 times and I've kept my calories on track, just need to add more protein to my diet. If I had to boil it down to one goal this month is consistency ...the root of my problem.

Going to keep the same goals (minus the job one) for next week and probably all month. Hope everyone is doing well!

• BarbMessimer
    BarbMessimer Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Easter has come and gone. My son came over and put new carpet down and also brought a garden cart that he'd made for me. He did a wonderful job! We had a nice ham dinner and I managed to control my eating but the neighbors invited me over later and I'm afraid I drank a little too much wine. Weight was up (significantly) this morning but could have been the salt in the ham.

@CupcakeCrusoe Re: “The way to get me to eat better is to make it a game.” I agree. Same here. I just came up with the idea of giving myself a smiley face sticker on my journal entry every time I lose weight that's lower than my lowest, even if it's just 1/4 of a pound. Just started so we'll see how that goes.

@Aswennu I’ll be happy with 205 by the first of May the way I’m going. Really having a hard time not putting my weight back on. My body seems to be fighting me. Wants me to be 270 like I used to be but IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

@swimmom I had to do a double take regarding your regaining some of the weight you'd lost. I did the math. In almost 9 months you put back on 65.8 pounds. That would have been enough to demoralize anyone and yet, "cudos to you", you jumped back on and got back on track! I'm rooting for you! I've been discouraged that I've been in a stalemate for the past 6 months where seems no matter what I do, I can't lose another single pound. I'm hoping my body stops fighting me and I start losing again. I'm trying every trick in the book!

@RavenStCloud Yes, consistency is what we need.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Hope you're all well and having a good April so far and crushing them goals!

My goals are to play beat saber and record it at least 4/5 times a week. when I do play beat saber I normally play for 1 hour and I'm dripping with sweat throughout the whole thing haha. If anyone would like to follow my page and channel it's here:

https://youtube.com/@VRoz1701

https://www.facebook.com/VRozzz

I'm mostly uploading playing beat saber. I'm really enjoying it and it's a very fun way to get my exercise in. beat saber is a virtual reality rhythm game. you have blocks coming towards you and you have to slice the blocks and match the colour and the direction of each block. I just started playing again 1 month ago. I'm normally playing on level hard or some songs expert.

have a great rest of the week everyone ❤️
  • shellifish7295
    shellifish7295 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    SW: 229
    GW: 160 but honestly I’d be happy with 170
    Height: 5’9”

I just rejoined after a very long break. I had my first child may of 2020 and man the postpartum was very very bad. I lost about 60lbs after having my son but the last 30 just won’t come off, to be at pre baby weight.

I recently signed up for a weight loss challenge with the company I get my protein from and I really really want to win. It’s $6000 cash and $1000 gift card to their company. However I am finding it hard to find time to exercise like I used to when I have lost weight in the past. I have 2 jobs and an almost 3 year old. Busy does not even begin to explain things.
    The dieting can sometimes be hard especially on the weekends. But for the most part I have been able to stick with it for the past week.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and/or motivational support.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Linda. I'm 40 years old and 5'7"
    SW: 300 lbs
    GW: 180 lbs
    4/1: 194.4 (up slightly from last week low of 192)
    4/8: 191.6
    **I update whenever I lose

Good morning all!

My parents contacted us around 6pm last night and said they decided to stop at a hotel after all. So they will be here by lunchtime today. I’m trying to remind myself that I love them. That we often get along great when certain topics and events aren’t part of the dialogue. I’m still stressed. We’ll see how it goes.

In happier news I did get my most recent blog posted this morning! It’s a recipe I’m sure everyone has seen a million times but it’s too tasty to ignore. So…. If you need another recipe for Mississippi Pot Roast feel free to check mine out at https://www.healthyeatingwithlinda.com/post/mississippi-pot-roast

@RavenStCloud Great job!!!!

@BarbMessimer Ooh new carpet. I love whenever something is new.

@shellifish7295 Welcome back! I love a good competition.

• kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone....back to my regular work schedule this week. Love working with my little patient...but working 5 days in a row (between 9 to 11 hours a day) just wore me out. Still made it to my Tuesday evening martial arts class last week. The meal planning and prepping really helped me stay on plan. I did get off track here and there, but stayed on plan for the most part.
    I've been doing the free plan from the podcast (Losing 100 lbs with Corrine) and have almost reached my goal for April of losing 5 lbs. So may have to revisit that and make a new one for the end of the month.

We had a quiet Easter weekend. Saturday morning I did a few Instacart shops in between taking kiddos to work. Made some bbq ribs in NY instant pot for dinner. Sunday I went to church in the morning and sang with the choir for 2 services. Came home and did laundry, did a little work on my business and started dinner while waiting for my hubby to get off of work. Also did my meal plan for this week up to Wednesday. Will do the rest of the week after I go grocery shopping on Wednesday.

Kelli
    HW: 289
    SW: 282.4
    CW: 245.8
    GW: 155
  • serenecompassion2663
    serenecompassion2663 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    Andi from Illinois here.

I can’t remember the last time I posted.

I am a mess.
    The Ozempic is making me sick. My doctor reduced my dose back down to 0.25mg/week and I completely skipped it last week. So yesterday I gave myself my dose, and I’m nauseous today.
    Something has to give.

I am fighting another respiratory virus and am on my last day of Prednisone. This round I had to use my nebulizer, oxygen, and a humidifier. But I managed to stay out of the hospital.

I’m looking forward to walking outside now that the weather has broken, and getting back in the pool at the Kroc twice a week. Absolutely love it.
  • sandramarshall200
    sandramarshall200 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    @serenecompassion2663 so sorry that this drug is causing such upset. I think you’ve done well to stick with it so far.
    I had a really busy Easter, with adult children and their families in our little house. I also found it quite stressful. Our youngest 2 are still at home anyway,and there were babies and dogs and lots of quite critical commentary about what I do. Thoroughly relieved to wave them off. Although Of course I love them. I am starting to feel that at 63 and 66, we ought to have just the 2 of us here. Don’t know how to make that happen, I may just get over it, I guess. Anyway lots of stress and lots of chocolate temptation and no chance to go swimming, led to some weight gain. I am confident it will come off, but I am around 210 in pounds, and need to be around 170, so gaining and losing the same 5 pounds is just boring! And unhelpful.
  • shellifish7295
    shellifish7295 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @nebslp i love your goals with the running counts. Great job!
    I might have to try that out.

Goals
    1. Log meals- 2 days
    2. Do better body after baby plan daily- started today
    3. Do daily babble goal before bed (learning Spanish)- started today
    4. Read at least a chapter a day- 2 days
    5. So a quick house cleanup before bed- started today
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

The parents arrived at 12:30 yesterday with the dog. My daughter has been walking around with the dog all day yesterday like a baby doll. Playing with him. Holding him. Running with him. I think she wore the poor thing out. So far so good. No drama as yet but we’ve stuff to topics and tv shows that aren’t controversial. They have already declared they believe they are leaving on Thursday afternoon instead of Friday morning. I’m both annoyed and relieved. The plan changed mid-way without any discussion, especially when their granddaughter is so excited to see them, is normal and annoys me. Then again, we can’t have a bunch of drama if they drive home earlier than expected. Ugh. Now I’m annoying myself.

Last night we went out to Cracker Barrel for dinner. I got the Smokey Southern Grilled Chicken with broccoli and carrots. No biscuits or cornbread. I did steal a few of the fried pickles my daughter wanted to order. Pretty good on calories, only 400 before the pickles. However, they brought me a crab pretzel from Baltimore and I know that eating that thing is going to be a lot of calories. I don’t even want to contemplate it yet…. But I do know that lunch is going to be seriously tasty.

@kelliward1 Sounds like you are staying busy.

@serenecompassion2663 I’m so sorry to hear it’s making you sick! Hoping you can get to truly feeling better soon. I’ve heard a lot of good things about Ozempic but I have also heard that it making people nauseous is fairly common.

@sandramarshall200 Sounds stressful. Hopefully now that the holiday is over you’ll get back to swimming and it not seem like so much at once.

@nebslp It sounds like you are getting to know yourself better and that’s always a good place to start off. The Easter candy is a temptation for me too. Even when it isn’t my favorite or something I particularly feel I NEED to have, just seeing it on the table is a problem. I moved all my daughter’s candy to a glass candy bowl with a lid. Something about taking the lid off it it makes me stop and pause so it’s working for now. Of course, when my daughter and her friends leave the lid off and wrappers all over for me to pick up is when I break down and eat some.
    You absolutely deserve to be part of the discussion for your own health. If you know something worked in the past and can test to verify it’s working before your next appt, I say go for it. I changed doctors specifically because I had a doctor pushing meds every time I was there but I knew I could be off of them and still get my numbers (diabetic) under control. She actually seemed disappointed when I did it. Thankfully, I have a new doctor now. Do what works for you and your body. Doctors don’t always know everything and they don’t know your body the way you know your body.
  • RavenStCloud
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I saw a video the other day that talked about weight loss taking time and focus. While I can't locate it again, they talked about how you work out different muscles, but you have to remember to 'flex your patience muscle' as well.

I love this. Remembering that patience is something you absolutely can work at, and develop more of with practice, is such an awesome idea.
  • BarbMessimer
    BarbMessimer Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I want so much to reach 205 by the end of the month. As it is, my body keeps wanting me to regain what I've lost, and I'm doing my best to fight it. According to the scale, I've put on 5 pounds in a week. I know that's not possible but it's demoralizing. Makes me feel like I'll never lose any more weight.

My biggest problem is night time eating. It doesn't matter if I've eaten early or late in the day, I still go crazy at night and eat anything I can find. I know I'm not really hungry, but I absolutely can't control myself. I'm like an addict. I HAVE to have something and then that's followed by something else until I feel guilty and stop. What am I to do?

SW 270
    CW 210 (a week ago)
    GW 205 by end of March
    (Lowest weight in February 208)
  • RavenStCloud
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @pamperedlinny So sorry for you, and really sorry for your daughter. I would say that's HUGE drama-messing with your daughter's feelings.

They seem dreadful. This exact behavior is not uncommon; people frequently write AITA posts about parents and in-laws who try to get/have already bought their grandchildren pets without getting permission.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @pamperedlinny So sorry for you, and really sorry for your daughter. I would say that's HUGE drama-messing with your daughter's feelings.

They seem dreadful. This exact behavior is not uncommon; people frequently write AITA posts about parents and in-laws who try to get/have already bought their grandchildren pets without getting permission.

I had to look up that acronym. I actually was on the end of buying my mom a dog.
    She said something about "Daddy wanting her to get a dog." (We were at the Bloomsburg Fair and going through the Dog Show in late September) I thought "my daddy" and bought her a beautiful thick coated Auburn 1 year old Pomeranian from a couple that was moving to a No dogs allowed place. I knew my mom's family had one when she was a kid.

When we came in Christmas morning, with my 16 month old walking Shasta with a big red bow, she said, "Oh someone got a dog!" I said, "No you got a dog!" My dad said, "Oh No!" Then it came out she meant her daddy, way back! But she did love the dog and they went everywhere together! They had some good years! It could have turned on me and I could have had a dog sooner. (Which would have been ok too.) My dad ended up liking her company too. She would nap with him!