Help!

Options
I could not get on the internet for about a week. I really fell off the wagon bad!!. My friend has not been able to walk with me and I am done with the chiropractor visits where my chiropractor was weighing me and cheering me on. I am not having my periods but still having the cravings, This all happened at the same time.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get back on track? I am getting more and more frustrated and depressed. I was doing so good> :frown:

Replies

• Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    That's too bad about the internet - it can be hard to regain momentum once it's lost, but you totally CAN do it. First off, be religious about logging everything. Measure it, weigh it - in this thing you CAN achieve perfection. Then start working on improving in other things. Drink all your water. Get in some exercise every day, even if it's just a 10 minute walk or some stretching. Monitor your sodium, focus on getting enough protein etc. Whatever you can do to feel good about your direction and progress.

Take your measurements, weigh yourself and record it, even if it is up - start with where you are today and look forward without beating yourself up for the minor lapse. Don't try to be perfect on day one if that seems unattainable. Just do the best you can in each day. We all have slip-ups. Only you can decide if it's going to derail what you've already accomplished. You can do this!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I agree with artemisacorn's advice. When you can't get on, write it down, then plug it in when you get the chance. You can go back in and add food and exercise for the appropriate days. Sorry your walking buddy is not available, but find a new one or walk with an ipod or a dog. If you don't have a dog, maybe you can borrow one from a neighbor. Good luck. Don't give up, whatever you do! We're still here for you! Good luck and God bless you.
  • BetteEdmonson
    Options
    You've gotten great advice from other friends so maybe I can add just a few tips. You've just slipped off track momentarily. Pull yourself up by the bootstraps and take it one step at a time. I wouldn't worry about weighing personally if you don't have good scales. If you are eating right, the weight will automatically come off. Drink 16 oz. of water before you even eat breakfast and eat then eat a tasty but nutritious one. Try whole wheat Eggo waffles with natural peanut butter (yummy). Be sure to add a snack mid morning and mid afternoon so you don't get to the point of hunger. Do you like water? If not, try putting it in a pretty glass and adding some lemon or lime slices...anything to make it more appetizing looking. Plan your meals a few days in advance so you don't stand in front of the frig/freezer and wonder what you are going to fix. YOU ARE IMPORTANT SO PUT YOURSELF FIRST AND GET BACK ON TRACK. We all care and will support you through this dip. Don't beat yourself up, okay? Promise?