Scared to lose motivation during holiday

Options
I am going away on the 25th of April and currently very scared that the change will affect my calorie counting journey.. I would really love women of all ages to befriend me and basically make sure I don't fall off the wagon.. its sort of an accountability buddy/ies I am looking for so if you are interested let me know please thanks

Israa

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,558 Member
    Options
    A wise person around here used to say that there's no wagon, so we can't fall off.

Pretty much what there is is life. Life is made up of time, and what we can control is how we spend that time. No one else can make you do anything. You're in control.

How long is your holiday? For many of us, it's a week or two. That's a drop in the ocean of life, honestly. So, sure, try to do sensible things and not go wild, but it's a holiday, and we're supposed to enjoy them.

No matter how great you do, there's a decent chance that your scale will be up a few pounds when you get back. Flying, long car rides, unusual food patterns (even at appropriate calories), unusual activities . . . any/all of those can increase water retention, and the water retention distorts the scale results temporarily. So, expect that, and plan for the weirdness to drop off over the next couple of weeks once you get back home and get back to your normal, healthy patterns.

Speaking of which: What's really key is committing that no matter how the holiday goes, you're back to your normal healthy routine when you return. There's no wagon. You're living your life in a healthier way now, and that will continue into the future long term, right? Managing body weight is not a temporary project with an end date. For those of us (like me) with a tendency to become overweight/obese, weight management is going to be a forever endeavor . . . lifelong.

You've changed your definition of your normal daily life. Go on your holiday, figure out how you can best handle it without overstressing or failing to enjoy it, and commit to getting back to your new normal life right away when you're back.

It'll be fine. Best wishes! (Have a great time!)
  • IsraaQ
    IsraaQ Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    A wise person around here used to say that there's no wagon, so we can't fall off.

Pretty much what there is is life. Life is made up of time, and what we can control is how we spend that time. No one else can make you do anything. You're in control.

How long is your holiday? For many of us, it's a week or two. That's a drop in the ocean of life, honestly. So, sure, try to do sensible things and not go wild, but it's a holiday, and we're supposed to enjoy them.

No matter how great you do, there's a decent chance that your scale will be up a few pounds when you get back. Flying, long car rides, unusual food patterns (even at appropriate calories), unusual activities . . . any/all of those can increase water retention, and the water retention distorts the scale results temporarily. So, expect that, and plan for the weirdness to drop off over the next couple of weeks once you get back home and get back to your normal, healthy patterns.

Speaking of which: What's really key is committing that no matter how the holiday goes, you're back to your normal healthy routine when you return. There's no wagon. You're living your life in a healthier way now, and that will continue into the future long term, right? Managing body weight is not a temporary project with an end date. For those of us (like me) with a tendency to become overweight/obese, weight management is going to be a forever endeavor . . . lifelong.

You've changed your definition of your normal daily life. Go on your holiday, figure out how you can best handle it without overstressing or failing to enjoy it, and commit to getting back to your new normal life right away when you're back.

It'll be fine. Best wishes! (Have a great time!)

Wow I felt every word thank you so much 💓