Daily goals change to what MFP thinks is correct

Options
My custom goals (calories, carbs, fats, protein, and iron) get reset from what works for me to what MFP thinks they should be. This has been happening for 4 days.

I am using MFP via a desktop computer, not a smartphone.

Best Answer

Answers

• harrydavidprice
    harrydavidprice Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    same thing happening here ... seems like a bug
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    And reset again the next even after I have corrected the previous evening.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    My custom goals (calories, carbs, fats, protein, and iron) get reset from what works for me to what MFP thinks they should be. This has been happening for 4 days.

Same here, resets to default goals overnight, every night. True whether I reset goals via app or desktop.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,760 Member
    Options
    Same here too! Back to 1200 again and again.
  • Devilioni
    Devilioni Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here, really annoying.
  • Mpenny1001
    Mpenny1001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me, too! Only on the desktop, not on the mobile app.
  • Cortelli
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »

Same here, resets to default goals overnight, every night. True whether I reset goals via app or desktop.

Reset via both app and website in same 24-hour period. Seemed to work for one day (i.e. I woke up and the goals were correct compared to prior days' experience).

Now broken again - goals reset by MFP.

• cryonic_273
    cryonic_273 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yers has happened every day - makes the calorie tracking and exercise tracking nearly useless
  • ruthready
    ruthready Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This has also been happening to me, but I think I found the cause. Go to Settings > Update Diet/Fitness Profile, and check the setting for "What is your goal?". Mine was set to maintain my current weight. I changed this to 'lose 1 lb per week'....so far my calorie goal has not reset again.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I sent in a ticket (email?) to support this morning. I didn't bother instantly because typing in my goals wasn't too much of a pain, but today I can't update my nutrient goals (carbs, fats, protein, iron) to what works for me.

I don't expect a fix as this is a minor annoyance on a free website, but I thought 'hey maybe other people have this & a solution is out there'. Basically, this is an update of SSDD with bonus problems.
  • Nume_160
    Nume_160 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The same thing has been happening to me as well!! I can't customize my calories, protien and carbs from the information my Diabetes Educator gave me this is so frustrating as I depend on MFP more than any other apps.
  • ladyjmayo
    ladyjmayo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same thing happening to me. They really need to fix this. I am at the point that I need to find another app because My Fitness Pal has become unusable.
  • Cortelli
    Options
    I sent in a ticket (email?) to support this morning. I didn't bother instantly because typing in my goals wasn't too much of a pain, but today I can't update my nutrient goals (carbs, fats, protein, iron) to what works for me.

I don't expect a fix as this is a minor annoyance on a free website, but I thought 'hey maybe other people have this & a solution is out there'. Basically, this is an update of SSDD with bonus problems.

FWIW - this morning I was able to change macro split via the app but not via a web browser.

Free or otherwise, it is a hilarious bug to have on a calorie and nutrient tracking site / app. And to have it continue for nearly a week! With seemingly very little notice from the user base!
  • Stephen_LacaJr
    Stephen_LacaJr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @durden or any other MFP Staff that will listen...

I have a support case open as well for the same issues... The goals reset to default for the Diet and Fitness setting that is selected in settings every time I log my weight for the day. AND as of yesterday I can no longer adjust my macro percentages and sugar grams for Keto.

Looking at this forum it seems there are a lot of people experiencing the same thing. Let's make some real noise to try and get this fixed as IT IS A BUG!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Final Update

I received an email from support which told me macros only increase in 5% increments and if I wanted more detailed information I should try MFP Premium.

Everything had reset to the MFP default numbers when I logged my weight, but I was able to change them to what I prefer.

77hxoxip9lxt.png
  • Stephen_LacaJr
    Stephen_LacaJr Posts: 20 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Update - I received an update from MFP with a workaround that doesn't reset macros when logging weight.

"Thank you for the clarification and for your continued patience. We have been made aware some of our users may be experiencing an issue with calorie and macro goals updating when logging a weight via the Check-In page on the website. Our team is investigating the issue and hope to have it resolved soon.

As a work around, if you click “Edit Previous Entries”, then log your weight under “Add New Entry”, the goals will not be affected. "

I tested the workaround today and it was able to save my weight without changing my custom macros. YAY!!