What unexpected benefits of healthy eating / weight loss have you experienced?

Options
2»

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    ….and have I mentioned the GERD From Hell lately? Hahahaha!!!! It’s GONE!!!!!!!!! I know y’all are so sick of hearing that one. 😂
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,172 Member
    Options
    Oh, I just thought of another unexpected benefit: smaller body means smaller clothes, which means more room in my luggage when traveling!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Oh, I just thought of another unexpected benefit: smaller body means smaller clothes, which means more room in my luggage when traveling!

….or that a carry on is plenty.

(Extra bonus, that leaves the checked bag for groceries from home for the ExPat kid, typically boxes and boxes of red beans and rice, and, lately, Nugo bars, since the kid is on MFP, too, and protein bars aren’t a “thing” where they are.)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,172 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »

….or that a carry on is plenty.

(Extra bonus, that leaves the checked bag for groceries from home for the ExPat kid, typically boxes and boxes of red beans and rice, and, lately, Nugo bars, since the kid is on MFP, too, and protein bars aren’t a “thing” where they are.)

I can never manage only carry on, too many electronics and camera gear 😁 my extra room in the suitcase is now taken in by exercise clothing and shoes, something I never would have imagined a few years ago!
  • herringboxes
    herringboxes Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Way to go!!!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Less pain from arthritis. I feel so much better mentally and have more energy. I have less/ no hormonal issues. I am so much more comfortable in clothes, moving around, doing things in just day to day living. I am so much less depressed, the healthier I eat the more faith I have too. I spent years in self loathing, embarrassed and so insecure. When I actually realized though that Health is so important, I was able to re focus my approach and use food as medicine, and love to eat healthier. There are many other things too, many were mentioned here.