What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    When people add honey or sugar “to bring out the natural sweetness“ of whatever it is they’re cooking – that’s crap. You’re not bringing out a natural sweetness, you are adding sweetener. There are cooking methods that will bring out the natural sweetness of certain foods but adding sweetener is not it

I totally thought this was headed towards terms of endearmentland.

Not this time, buttermuffin.

ETA: I just remembered that there was a user who had a similar name so let’s see… Not this time, Lemon curd
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    When I answer the phone at work and a stranger on the other end of the line says, “how are you?“ by way of greeting And my Spidey senses tingle this must be some kind of manipulation and therefore a telemarketer because sir, my mother doesn’t even do that and how am I supposed to answer that because I don’t even know who you are?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    When people add honey or sugar “to bring out the natural sweetness“ of whatever it is they’re cooking – that’s crap. You’re not bringing out a natural sweetness, you are adding sweetener. There are cooking methods that will bring out the natural sweetness of certain foods but adding sweetener is not it

I totally thought this was headed towards terms of endearmentland.

Not this time, buttermuffin.

ETA: I just remembered that there was a user who had a similar name so let’s see… Not this time, Lemon curd

Buttercroissant maybe? Yeah, she sorta disappeared.

I'll take lemon curd! Altho, damn, I love muffins. :)

Reminds me of an Everybody Loves Raymond promo on TV Land where they showed Ray spouting off all these food related nicknames that he calls his wife, Debra.
  • glassyo
    Options
    When I post about other people being the grammar police but don't proof my own post first.

(To be fair, I think my tablet keyboard is acting up.)
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    I fear for my safety if these are the kind of psychopaths I live with. Clearly there is a zipper on this. And it was ignored.

tis8z5f9hbg7.jpeg
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I fear for my safety if these are the kind of psychopaths I live with. Clearly there is a zipper on this. And it was ignored.

tis8z5f9hbg7.jpeg

Hungry bears got into your freezer
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,719 Member
    Options

tis8z5f9hbg7.jpeg

Hungry adolescent bears
  • MelG7777
    Options

tis8z5f9hbg7.jpeg

Cocaine bears
    cmsienk wrote: »

tis8z5f9hbg7.jpeg

Hungry adolescent bears

Or that. Yes. Lol
  • glassyo
    Options
    Argh! I had some routine bloodwork done today and I'm now officially pre-diabetic (just barely...5.7). I can't exercise anymore than I already do!
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Insomnia struck again last night. Slept for maybe 2.5 hours, tried and failed to get back to sleep for another 2.5 hours, then finally dozed for maybe the last hour and a half before my alarm went off.

I’m always grumpy when I haven’t slept much, so hopefully I can get through the day without taking someone’s head off.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    2 faced people
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Allergies :s
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Today is a few things. One, my daughter just let me know she needs to move out next Wednesday. So here I am scrambling to make accommodations at my house for her 3 month stay with me. Two, woke up with the worst body pain and me trying to be strong and handle the pain I haven't taken ibuprofen and it was a dumb choice. Three, my neighbors dog. Just barks...and barks...and barks..and barks... 😡
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    Options
    2 faced people

Girl, I hear ya!
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    Options
    Allergies :s

Have you tried Flonase? I swear by it. I was so bad for 2 weeks and now i can actually walk outside. Worked like magic.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,511 Member
    Options
    Today is a few things. One, my daughter just let me know she needs to move out next Wednesday. So here I am scrambling to make accommodations at my house for her 3 month stay with me. Two, woke up with the worst body pain and me trying to be strong and handle the pain I haven't taken ibuprofen and it was a dumb choice. Three, my neighbors dog. Just barks...and barks...and barks..and barks... 😡

Kids, always waiting till the last minute. 🙄
    Sorry you’re in pain. 🙁
    Barking dogs…….. so annoying. 😵‍💫
    I hope you feel better soon.
    🌷
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    Options

Kids, always waiting till the last minute. 🙄
    Sorry you’re in pain. 🙁
    Barking dogs…….. so annoying. 😵‍💫
    I hope you feel better soon.
    🌷

Thank you 💕
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Long time colleagues being laid off. I can’t get motivated to do cardio right now I’m so mad.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,511 Member
    Options
    Being older than his dad 🤣
  • Sweatinginmy40s
    Sweatinginmy40s Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Poured the bowl of cereal….didn’t have enough milk 😔