Sweet Tooth

Options

Replies

• scoutmom414
    scoutmom414 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I make frozen pudding pops- 1 pkg SF pudding & 1 tub light cool whip. I mix the pudding with about 1/2 to 3/4 cup water first, then fold into the cool whip. Portion it out into 6 dixie cups and stick in some kind of handle ( I use plastic knives, handle side into the pop) and freeze. It's 100 calories each and a nice end-of-the-day treat for me, especially in hot weather.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Fruit...but also, I make sure I have room in my daily for some kind of little desert at the end of the day. A couple of cookies after dinner while I'm watching t.v. with my wife doesn't negate all of the other nutrition I've had throughout the day.
  • vampire10
    vampire10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sometimes they say drink some juice or water instead as you may find the craving subsides after that. I don't think it's recommended eating at night as your body will store it. It's better to eat when you know you are active and not getting ready to sleep or sedatory as then at least the calories are burned. But i guess it's trial and error and for you to do what suits you. Jelly is good as it's sweet and so light!
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    vampire10 wrote: »
    Sometimes they say drink some juice or water instead as you may find the craving subsides after that. I don't think it's recommended eating at night as your body will store it. It's better to eat when you know you are active and not getting ready to sleep or sedatory as then at least the calories are burned. But i guess it's trial and error and for you to do what suits you. Jelly is good as it's sweet and so light!

You burn calories 24/7...you don't store anything unless you've consumed calories in excess of what your body needs. Most of your energy expenditure in a given day and throughout the night is you just being alive. I burn around 1800 calories per day merely existing...I would burn that in a coma.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I agree on the Yasso bars and dark chocolate. Many people mentioned chocolate pudding cups, I put a scoop of protein powder in mine. Or I make a hot cocoa with unsweetened cocoa powder, warm milk, and some honey.
  • Maria_Albina
    Maria_Albina Posts: 24 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Fiber one brownie drizzled with sugar free chocolate syrup and pop in the microwave for 30 seconds. So good! I also add a tbsp of whipped cream.

I also love Yasso greek yogurt bars. Only 100 cals; the chocolate chip cookie dough one is my fav.
  • Annaritagetsfit
    Annaritagetsfit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Strawberry Cheesecake bars!!!
  • rahunter2006
    rahunter2006 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i just posted a recipe for mini tarte/cheesecake and it ranges from 130-150 cal. it’s so good and i eat them all the time while consistently staying in my cal deficit.
  • aimeelynncreates
    aimeelynncreates Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would suggest fruit...and water. Every time you have what feels like a craving, drink a glass of water. I would NOT recommend chocolate at all - it just feeds the sugar addiction. Tonight I had a smoothie: 1 small banana + 1/2 cup blueberries (I keep a huge bag of frozen organic berries in the freezer) + 1 cup organic unsweetened soy milk. Hits the spot! After 8pm though it's water or herbal tea only. If you get hungry later it's a good sign you need to get ready for bed, because it's just your body thinking it needs to rev up to stay awake. Going to bed at 10-10:30 has become my new mantra!
  • Maria_Albina
    Maria_Albina Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just made a little cheesecake mix with 1/2 cup of plain (or vanilla) Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp of whipped cream cheese, SF cheesecake pudding mix and a tbsp of SF strawberry jam. I also crumbled 1/4 of a graham cracker on top SO good
  • momzilla11
    momzilla11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello with fresh/frozen berries. Fat free whipped cream with a bit of sugar free vanilla or chocolate pudding mix sprinkled on top. An old school Fudgesickle. I’ve recently discovered SuperGut bars: high protein + high fiber, three flavors.
  • theconstellationorion
    Options
    I bought a Ninja to make smoothies. You can do anything with them and make them clean and healthy and low cal and sneak veggies in there too. Honestly, as someone who REALLY enjoyed ice cream prior to my journey - it's taken away the cravings. :)
  • healthyrachel1979
    healthyrachel1979 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    My new thing is cake batter premier protein mixed with frozen cherries.
  • Jenmccabe
    Jenmccabe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit , such as berries, I've been eating those in place of sweet desserts . Or , chia pudding with fruits.
  • mseg491
    mseg491 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Quaker caramel rice cakes with a little bit of honey almond butter...a very thin layer.
    Rice cake is about 50 calories and the almond butter is about 190 for 2 tbsps, I think. OR you could just have the rice cake alone, it's sweet. That usually does the trick for me. Otherwise, I'll just drink some water so the craving will go away.
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    My most common "desert" while my wife and I finish up our show before bed is Ghirardelli 72% Cacoa Dark Chocolate Chips. 15 grams is 80 calories. It's only 4 grams of added sugar, which is much less than a typical desert item and just hits the spot for a little indulgence but not going overboard. Also a good source of antioxidants and a couple grams of fiber.
  • bozzabonnici
    bozzabonnici Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Raspberries with Avalanche sugar free drinking chocolate sprinkled on top.
  • liverliverliver
    liverliverliver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Quick Easy. It's a bit like cake but not so bad for fat or carbs and it has a good protein content.
    1 Minute Peanut Butter Mug Cake
    1/4 cup PB Fit Powder
    1/4 cup any non dairy milk
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    Optional sweetener like stevia and a few mini chocolate chips
    Combine first 3 ingredients in a dish/soup bowl style mug. If you want to add in chocolate chips do so now. The batter should be Greek yogurt constancy .
    Microwave for one minute or until not soft in the middle anymore.
  • liverliverliver
    liverliverliver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Meta-Mucil orange is a bit sweet and filling due to the fiber. If the texture doesn't bother you adding a teaspoon or two of ground chai seeds (fiber and protein) is also filling. You can stir the seeds into apple sauce or yogurt or juice for a sweeter taste.
    There are some whey proteins and pea proteins that also mix well into yogurt.
  • purple_rose_3
    purple_rose_3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dates with peanut butter!