lingerie for v-day week 1 (closed group) personal message me

Options
alright everyone, heres week one! prepare yourself to kick your own *kitten*! :smile:
all of you are to fill out the following information as i have. we will continue to do so every friday.
i will be posting a new topic every friday for our group. okie dokie?

Height: 5 ft 2 in
HW: 120
LW: 104
CW: 118.8
GW: 110
UGW: 106

SEPTEMBER 23, 2011
Current weight: 118.8
Weight lost since last week: -1.4 lbs
Calories burned this week: 983 .. not good at all
Minutes spent exercising this week: 235 .. mostly speed walking at work (waitress)

MEASUREMENTS*
Waist: 32 in. (-.5 in.)
Navel: ?? not sure, ill find out next friday.
Hips: 35 in.

Goal weight loss for next week: -1 lb
Goal calories burned for next week: 2000
Goal minutes spent exercising for next week: 200
Nutrition goal: continue on with a mainly liquid diet & under 90 carbs/day.

What would you have done differently this week: not eaten that handful of chips & more workouts.
Did you reach your nutrition goal: mainly yes.

What is your ultimate goal weight for the end of this challenge (v-day):106

Replies

• Amyding115
    Options
    Height: 5 ft 2 in
    HW: 187
    LW: 130
    CW: 169
    GW: 145
    UGW: 135

SEPTEMBER 23, 2011
    Current weight: 169
    Weight lost since last week: 3
    Calories burned this week: <100 (I know this sucks, I had the flu)
    Minutes spent exercising this week: <60 (see above)

MEASUREMENTS*
    Waist: 34.5 in. (-.25 in.)
    Hips: 42.25 in.

Nutrition goal: Get back to drinking my water.

What would you have done differently this week: I would've not had the flu so I could work out!!
    Did you reach your nutrition goal: my goal was to rest and stay under calories since I couldn't work out. Did pretty good with that.

What is your ultimate goal weight for the end of this challenge (v-day):145
  • stacybee14
    stacybee14 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd include a bit about myself, too. :smile: I'm a 32-year-old stay-at-home mom of two boys, ages 3 and 1 1/2. I've struggled with my weight and body image my whole life. I got to my highest weight (264) in the spring of 2006, and after seeing pictures of myself from my sister's wedding I joined Weight Watchers. I was able to drop about 80 lbs in time for my own wedding in May 2007, but then my back-to-back pregnancies, nursing, and the chaos of raising two little ones led to the weight creeping back on. I started MFP and exercising regularly on 1/3/11 at 211 lbs, and have had great success so far. I look forward to getting to know all of you and cheering each other on! :flowerforyou:

Height: 5 ft 6 in
    HW: 264
    LW: 164 (back in May of this year, before I got off track a little bit over the summer!)
    CW: 166.4
    GW: 145
    UGW: 135 - maybe! I'll see how I feel at 145, since that was my original goal when starting MFP.

SEPTEMBER 23, 2011
    Current weight: 166.4
    Weight lost since last week: 4.4 lbs! I kept moving my scale to different spots in the bathroom, thinking maybe it was on an uneven spot or something to give me such a low reading, but it stayed the same no matter where I moved it. I'll take it! :happy:
    Calories burned this week: 3599
    Minutes spent exercising this week: 744 (this number is a bit inflated - I spent ALL day on Tuesday deep-cleaning my house, and I logged 4 hours worth of exercise. My normal weeks don't have quite this much. :tongue: )

MEASUREMENTS*
    Waist: 34
    Navel: Can you explain where you're measuring for this one? I kinda thought waist and navel were the same... :ohwell:
    Hips: 39

Goal calories burned for next week: 3000
    Goal minutes spent exercising for next week: 360
    Nutrition goal: Stay under my calorie limit every day (except today - long overdue date night tonight!)

What would you have done differently this week: There was one day where I didn't plan my food ahead of time, and was scrambling to fit in a speed walk in the evening so that I would be under my calories for the day. MFP works best for me when I plan my days in advance.
    Did you reach your nutrition goal: I stayed under every day, so yes!

What is your ultimate goal weight for the end of this challenge (v-day):145
  • marcibar
    Options
    Minutes spent exercising this week: 235 .. mostly speed walking at work (waitress)

MEASUREMENTS*
    Waist: 32 in. (I don't know if I measured where you wanted, since you had navel, I did waist as the smallest part just above the belly button)
    Navel: 35

Goal weight loss for next week: -1.5 lb
    Goal minutes spent exercising for next week: 240
    Nutrition goal: continue to eat higher protien and healthy carbs.

What would you have done differently this week: Thursday I ate a bagel with cream cheese and some of my son's ice cream, even though I was ok with calories, I want my calories to mean more :(

What is your ultimate goal weight for the end of this challenge (v-day):145-150
  • shandibrookexo
    Options
    did you just copy my top part or is it a weird coincidence that they're the same?

MEASUREMENTS*
    Waist: 32 in. (I don't know if I measured where you wanted, since you had navel, I did waist as the smallest part just above the belly button)

What would you have done differently this week: Thursday I ate a bagel with cream cheese and some of my son's ice cream, even though I was ok with calories, I want my calories to mean more :(

• shandibrookexo
    Options
    WAIST - smallest part of your stomach, where the "hour glass curve" would be.
    NAVEL - around your stomach at your belly button.

well im proud of you three ladies, but to the rest of you slackers..
    you better get posting and take responsibility for your actions or you'll be out! (im trynna be tough, for your own good! :wink: )
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    My current weight is 215, +1 from last week.

Goal weight is 195.

Goals for next week....60min/day 6x week using P90X. Days 14-19.

Anticipated calories burned 350-400 per day roughly 2400.

To change next week and the remaining weeks....put down the beer!!!!

Waist:41
    Hips:41

Sorry its so scatterbrained, 3 foster kids will do that to you!
  • stacybee14
    Options
    Ah, okay - then my navel measurement is 34 and my waist is 31.5. Thanks for clarifying. :smile:

Going forward, will it be required to post only on Fridays? I usually weigh in Saturday mornings, but if I need to change that in order to still be in the group, let me know. I know some other groups do sort of a window for check-ins - like Friday through Sunday at 5:00 pm or something, just to make sure everyone is posting within the weekend, but it still gives a little flexibility. What would you think of something like that?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far! :flowerforyou:
  • loverachel18
    Options
    Height: 5 ft 7 in
    HW: 165
    LW: 140
    CW: 163
    GW: around 140
    UGW: between 130-140

SEPTEMBER 23, 2011
    Current weight: 163
    Weight lost since last week: 0
    Calories burned this week: 690 , iIve been lazy this week
    Minutes spent exercising this week: around 100

MEASUREMENTS*
    i need to get a new tape measure, but here are my most recent measurements
    Waist: 37
    Navel: don't know
    Hips: 44

Goal calories burned for next week: 1000
    Nutrition goal: more water!

What would you have done differently this week: drink more water and have less sugar and sodium
    Did you reach your nutrition goal: i stayed under calories, so yes!

What is your ultimate goal weight for the end of this challenge (v-day):between 130-140
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Current weight: 160
    Weight lost since last week: 0
    Calories burned this week: 3558
    Minutes spent exercising this week: 241

MEASUREMENTS*
    Waist: 33.5
    Hips: 41.5

Goal weight loss for next week: 2 lb
    Goal calories burned for next week: 3500
    Goal minutes spent exercising for next week: 260
    Nutrition goal: ensure I do not eat junk food and stay away from craving foods (candy)

What would you have done differently this week: Ensure I get up every morning to workout, slept in a few days this week.

What is your ultimate goal weight for the end of this challenge (v-day):125 -130 pds…look hot in a two piece swimsuit!!! Going on cruise.
  • shandibrookexo
    Options
    im glad to see everyone is posting! as some of you have said, your regular weigh in is on saturday.
    i will give you a little bit of flexibility. as long as you post by 12pm on sunday you will remain in the group. :smile:

keep it up everyone and ill see you next week!
  • marcibar
    Options
    did you just copy my top part or is it a weird coincidence that they're the same?

MEASUREMENTS*

lol I accidently did. I didn't realize sorry, I will edit to fix lol I thought I changed all the fields... I'm a computer ditz!!!
  • emilypayne23
    Options
    Height: 5 ft 5 in
    HW: 113
    LW: 98
    CW: 98
    GW: 91
    UGW:84

SEPTEMBER 23, 2011
    Current weight: 98
    Weight lost since last week: -1 lbs
    Calories burned this week: 912
    Minutes spent exercising this week: 262

MEASUREMENTS*
    Waist: 25 inches ( i think)
    Hips: not sure

Goal weight loss for next week: -2 lbs
    Nutrition goal:under 90 carbs/day.

What would you have done differently this week: Replace bread with rivita!.

What is your ultimate goal weight for the end of this challenge (v-day):91
  • stacybee14
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I have to agree. I can't remain silent and pretend to be a cheerleader for these frighteningly unhealthy goals. If you're unhappy with your body shape, maybe you could try to shift your focus to toning and muscle building rather than losing more weight. At your current weight, you're already well below what's considered healthy for your height. I hope you'll reconsider. And like Marcibar, I'm saying this in an effort to be supportive. I wish you the best. :flowerforyou:
    I hope this doesn't get me kicked out of the group, but your numbers are scaring me! I am in this group to be supportive, and be supportive. So I don't want what I say to upset you.

If you are 5'5" and trying to get to an UGW of 84 pounds, you are risking losing most of your hair, damaging your teeth and bones, and possibly going to kill yourself. I have had poor body image in the past, and previously had an eating disorder, but have worked through that. I don't want to see you hurt yourself.

Please see a doctor to talk about your goals and if your body can truely sustain what you are asking it to do.
    Height: 5 ft 5 in
    HW: 113
    LW: 98
    CW: 98
    GW: 91
    UGW:84

SEPTEMBER 23, 2011
    Current weight: 98
    Weight lost since last week: -1 lbs
    Calories burned this week: 912
    Minutes spent exercising this week: 262

MEASUREMENTS*
    Waist: 25 inches ( i think)
    Hips: not sure

Goal weight loss for next week: -2 lbs
    Nutrition goal:under 90 carbs/day.

What would you have done differently this week: Replace bread with rivita!.

What is your ultimate goal weight for the end of this challenge (v-day):91
  • shandibrookexo
    Options
    girls im sorry, i understand where you are coming from but this is a place for the twelve of us to share our goal and progress as well as make ourselves feel good about how we look. while i see some of you feel you want to reach the expected weights for your body which leave a little bit of meat on you, and others dont want any meat on them, you have to remember "to each their own" everyday when we are little we are told if you have nothing nice to say then dont say anything at all right? im aware no one has said anything rude, just words of concern, but i feel that we should not be cornering any of our group members, im sure Emily feels rather ganged up on. im not asking you to agree with her goals, at all, everyone will have their own opinion.

now everyone play nice and have a good day! :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Sorry to inject myself here, but I am required to peruse forum topics and check for illegal or unhealthy behavior.

While there was nothing illegal in this forum, unhealthy is another matter.

I'm also a certified personal trainer, and I've been studying college graduate (masters) level metabolism and human nutrition for the last 4 years, so I think I'm in something of a position to say that the goals that Emily put up are absolutely low and on the borderline of being dangerous to long term health. While I won't tell her or anyone what to do, I will make sure there is a note in here regarding that fact so that others in a public forum don't read something like this and believe that it's the correct goal weight to strive for.

Shandi, I commend you for protecting a friend, but remember, this is an open forum, which means anyone can read this. Being an open forum means policing is required, and thus I inject my thoughts.

I'll let the post stand as I don't want to discourage anyone, but to be upset with others for pointing out (in a very respectful and non confrontational manner as well) a problem as they see it, isn't conducive to her (Emily) long term health at all.

For reference, if anyone would like to discuss this further, please Personal Message me, I'm always available to discuss what ever you need, be it a policy issue or a personal health issue that you would like to keep quite.

thank you,

SHBoss1673

Please note that while I'm a moderator, I don't SPEAK for MFP in this thread. What I wrote on here, while, in my opinion, is absolutely correct, isn't any kind of a formal statement from MFP only from a user who has a strong desire to see everyone on this site succeed. I feel that I have a grasp of the rules and overriding tone that the owner of the site wishes to convey, and in that light I have made the statements above, this is just my opinion, being a moderator is incidental in this case.