Can I lose 12kg ??

Options
marietherese84
marietherese84 Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2023 in Getting Started
Struggling to lose 12kg that has crept on , hope I can finally lose it after trying on off fir 5 years

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    Keep you hands out of the cookie jar. :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hope is not a strategy, unfortunately.

What's your plan? Is it realistic and practical for you? Are you committed to it?

Weight creeping on is often a matter of just a small number of calories above maintenance. An excess of 100 calories per day on average is going to add nearly 5 kilograms (over 10 pounds) of body fat in a year. That's like a daily half serving of peanut butter, 14 grams of butter. (Not both, just one of those.)

I wish it were otherwise, but wishing, trying, and watching what one eats are low-odds tactics, IMO. There's going to be work and commitment involved, generally. And success can flow from that.

You can accomplish this, if you commit to the necessary work. Best wishes!
  • ThisIsMegs53
    ThisIsMegs53 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You sure can do it, only you need to ask yourself why are you doing it? If you’ve been trying to loose 12 kg for 5 years - think about small consistent changes rather now sudden weight loss.
    A sustainable weight loss of 1kg per month and next year summer you will be 12 kg lighter! It’s doable if you take it slowly and stay consistent!
    🤞 good luck!