Going over calories - do you just eat less the next day?

Options
2»

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I don't make deals with myself. I don't carry calories or exercise over from day to day. I can not trust myself to do that. Once you start down that road, then what? Like Kalrez said, your going to be out, or so confused, you will need spread sheets to stay on track.

Better just move on by far. Do better, take personal responsibility. Maybe its not to bad going over one day.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Undereating 1 day will not put your body into "starvation mode".
    I was going to post this after I read the replies...
    That being said, I just move on. Exercise is great, too.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    So.... if you have a blow out on one day (I'm on 1200 calories a day), should you extract the amount you are over by from the next day, or just carry on as usual?? and do some exercise! ;)

Increase the amount of ca you do thus increasing the amount of calories you consume. If you workout every day you won't have to feel guilty.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You can eat less the next day to make up, it won't put you into "starvation mode". Plus, a lot of people look at net weekly calories, not daily.
  • ElleC
    ElleC Posts: 37
    Options
    Friday's are always my naughty day, because I work late on Saturday's and know I am not going to go over. We usually go out to dinner and have a few drinks and I can live with that. Or this whole dieting and exercising thing will never be sustainable for me if I cant enjoy myself occasionally!

That said, I try not to go over too much, but if I do....I work my tooshie off the next day :-) Oh and water......SO MUCH WATER!
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I just try to get back on track the next day. And occasionally flog myself if I was particularly bad.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. Eating too little for a day WILL NOT put you into "Starvation mode"! (tired of hearing this load of bologna). It won't hurt to eat a little less or exercise more the next day, but I just start fresh the next day.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    A one day blowout is fine. It isn't like you are going to instantly put on weight. Just go back to normal the next day. I wouldn't even bother doing double exercise. One day is not going to magically make you fat.

~This is why I dont weigh myself every day, as I can go up and down 4lbs, ok this is on a monthly time, but it still happens. Maybe it is just me? Pout... But I would say, just move on, we all have down days, that is what makes the up days so much more fun xx
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Treat each day as a new day!
  • kcmg0730
    Options
    I would start over the next day fresh. I went over by 98 yesterday, so I did my regular 30 minutes of exercise, and made sure I got outside to do a little extra activity, as well. I'd much rather make up the extra calories with exercise than by eating less! Plus, I am regularly under my calorie goal, anyway (I'm above 1200), so I don't feel too bad about going over a little bit.
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    workout to mak up for it and move on.