Last attempt

Options
I feel like this is my last attempt, I’ve tried everything and my weight makes me so sad! I’m just stuck in a vicious cycle 😭

Replies

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    anncareieb wrote: »
    I feel like this is my last attempt, I’ve tried everything and my weight makes me so sad! I’m just stuck in a vicious cycle 😭
    What is your vicious cycle?

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I found it very beneficial to put my focus and energy into overall healthfulness rather than making the whole thing about a number on the scale. It's pretty amazing what just happens over time when you start leading a more healthful lifestyle overall and you are consistent in doing those things that healthy and fit people do. It takes time, but obtaining a healthy weight is most often a brilliant side effect of living a more healthful existence.

• xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options

I think she meant yo-yo dieting
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
    xxzenabxx wrote: »

I think she meant yo-yo dieting

Me, too . . . but I also think we c ould maybe offer some advice from experience if we knew a little more detail about how that happens for her. Different people struggle with different things.

Yirara's questions were good ones.

One common scenario that becomes a vicious cycle (in yo-yo form) is an extreme approach to weight loss, going for fast loss over anything else, relying on very restrictive eating rules, adding punitively intense and unpleasant exercise . . . then crashing and burning when it's unsustainable, "going back to normal", regaining the lost pounds, and often gaining some extra pounds in addition.

But we don't know whether that's similar to what OP has experienced, or not.

If it is, switching mindset to slower loss, new habits that can work long term, etc., might be helpful.