JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,605 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    JFT for 5/4/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today.✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/1)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 5/4 (need to see where I am for doctor appt tomorrow)✔️
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.✔️ Didn't eat today.
    11) Can have coffee stuff early due to doctor appt.✔️
    12) Can eat early due to lunch meeting.✔️
    JFT for 5/5/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today.
    2) None of DH's stash today.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/1)
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 5/8 (need to see where I am for doctor appt tomorrow)
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) Can have honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.
    11) No dried apricots or dates today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

Up early this morning, had a 10am appointment 100 miles from home. So no breakfast, makes my daily food log look good.

Just had a healthy lunch. Have 2 more appointments this afternoon, and if I eat the fruit and veg I've brought with me later it will be another good day. Just have to ignore the 4 fish and chip shops which are all within a 10 minute walk!

@Snowflake1968 great news that your back pain is easing, hope it keeps improving. Can't believe it's 4 years since you hurt it, that's a long time to be in pain.

Just realised I didn't actually set goals yesterday. I did log, and was in the green. Last night I really wanted to snack but had nothing with me that fit the bill. Too cold to go outside and buy something. Can't believe I've done 4 good days in a row!

One more appointment this morning then I'm free for the weekend.

FIT Friday 5th

Think before you eat
    Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Walk
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    2000 calories or less💩
    8-12 glasses of water💩
    No food after 9✅
    Log all food✅
    No beer✅
    Treadmill after work💩
    Yesterday was ok. Went over my calorie goal but still had deficit. Didn’t drink as much water as I should. When I got home I didn’t have it in me to do treadmill so opted for tempo pace on trainer which was better than TV and nothing.
    Looking forward to the weekend.
    Although Teigan wants me to run a 5 miler w her. That’s fine but it’ll mean a heavy training weekend as it’ll have to be after I do my trainer workout… need to also work in weights again. Was doing good making sure I hit resistance training twice a week. I’m gonna be 49 this year and they say this stuff gets more and more important as we age. Plus gotta stay healthy as I’m pretty sure I’m gonna have to work till I’m 80😂
    I’m at a point now where I actually see changes in my body which is good. Im pretty much back to what my ideal weight should be so that’s good as well. Now Is the time I feel like I went off the rails last year. Got to goal but then I don’t know what happened. Maybe some of it was not journaling. Maybe some of it was burnout because I lost too much too fast?
    I think now I need to focus on the quality of my food, nutrition etc but in order to make it sustainable maybe also allow two days a week that if somethings not perfect I don’t throw in the towel. I think that allows me easily a post ride beer or two and also a night out on the town with Sara where I just enjoy the day and not worry about what the day is doing to my goals. Feel like I can work with that… sorry for the ramble. Feel free not to read. I’m really just doing this to keep myself focused anyway 😂

Goals for today
    Caloric deficit
    More water !!! 8-12 glasses
    Short treadmill after work
    Log food
    No food after 9
    No beer

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Apparently, I didn't even post a JFT yesterday. Then again I had my work, my daughter's cavity filling appointment during a long lunch, and a work party at 5:30. I didn't eat well at all and I definitely need to start over again today.

JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories
    ☑️No coffee until 8am
    ☑️No food until 10am
    ☑️No food after 8pm
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today
    ☑️Tacos for dinner, maybe
    ☑️Lunch with a friend
  • cgottschlich
    cgottschlich Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Last night was kinda rough.
    Not sure why, but my leg pain came back.
    I thought i was doing pretty good with my constipation management yesterday.
    Something ive noticed since going AID (anti-inflammatory diet) is that managing my bowels has been more trying.
    Subjectively, it feels like my poop is larger, im more bloated, and i'm gassier, the latter of which i heard gets better over time but somehow i'm not very optimistic.
    Objectively, i'm teetering constantly on the brink of constipation, and poop is harder to pass.
    Ive heard that this is one of the most significant components of adjusting to AID.
    The hypotheses ive heard on why is that 1) your gut biome will change if AID is significantly different than your previous diet, and it takes time for it to reach a new steady state, and 2) what you eat directly affects the health of your gut. By changing your diet to something that plays nicer with your gut, and supports it better, any damage and inflammation present in the gut will reduce, and possibly even genetic and epigenetic changes. Which, presumably, would also take time to reach a new steady state.

That all said, there is one thing i can do to ease my symptoms at this time, and that is eat less grains (or make more of them refined) and legumes, both of which have significant amounts of fiber. Bacteria love fiber; giving them fiber supports their proliferation (size of poop) and their activity (gas). Also apparently cutting out those two things would make my diet AIP (autoimmune protocol), interestingly. Well minus that i drink coffee (why on earth is that not AIP??).

My weight is creeping up a bit. Maybe because ive been slacking on exercise? Ive been pretty active tho. Just more on the physical labor side than the recreational activity side. Which has been a bit rough on my feet, but so has lifting been (when i get around to doing it). I want to do more running, but i want to be lighter. I'm not gonna be dumb like i have in the past and completely nix running until i get there, but instead keep an eye on how my feet are feeling and prioritize activities that are nicer to them, like certain calisthenics. Might do more of the rowing machine.

Anyway, my favorite acai bowl place is open now. Time for breaktfast.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    I've not been posting much, but I have been checking in on y'all. Just kind of lacking focus and motivation lately. I am going to start teaching a regular spin class again on Saturday mornings. That should at least get me out of bed and moving on the weekend. If it's nice, I'll plan to ride after class.

Latest trial is getting the insurance to pay for Sierra's hospitalization. Her primary insurance is through me, and I didn't realize that she also had insurance through the school. Because of this, my insurance is denying coverage. The grand total so far is $63,000. That is just crazy. I know it will get resolve some how, but even at 10% that is over $6000. We've already paid >$7000 out of pocket for this stay. Fair to say we met our deductible this year. I know it's just money, but owing that much makes me sick to my stomach and makes me cry. It also means my trip to Australia will need to wait. I guess that is just life.

Have a great day y'all!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 5/5/2023 (today)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today.
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 5/8
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) Can have honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    11) No dried apricots or dates today.
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my hot cocoa and dose of metamusal. No more desserts or honey today.

• more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 5/5/2023 (today)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/1)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 5/8✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) Can have honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️Didn't eat today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) No dried apricots or dates today.✔️
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 5/6/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today, but sugarfree or no sugar added ok.
    5) Up to 1.5-2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)
    8) No beef jerky today.
    11) Can eat dinner early because of FIL.
    12) Can have lunch a little early at lunch meeting.
  • littleblackskirt
    Options

FIT Friday 5th

Think before you eat. yes
    Log everything. yes
    Stay in the green. yes
    Walk. yes, 45 minutes, painful

Another good day. It's much easier to restrict eating when I'm not at home. If the food is not here I can't eat it! Going home today though. I'll be driving when all the coronation stuff is happening, quite happy to miss it all.

FIT. Saturday 6th

Think before you eat
    Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Do not flop into a chair and do nothing when I get home

• more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 5/6/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, but sugarfree or no sugar added ok. But can have sweet stuff if it comes with my breakfast or dinner.
    5) Up to 1.5-2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    11) Can eat dinner early because of FIL.
    12) Can have lunch a little early at lunch meeting.

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until dinner with FIL. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • littleblackskirt
    Options

JFT Saturday 6th

Think before you eat yes
    Log everything yes, although some educated guesses as no scales
    Stay in the green no, 8 calories over!
    Do not flop into a chair and do nothing when I get home cut grass and planted a few plants

JFT Sunday 7th May

Think before you eat
    Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Keep busy, lots to do

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,095 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    🦋🐞💎 MAY 2023 💎🐞🦋
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    May focus: regaining fitness after op.
    Little by little!!!
    📍Focus: improve fitness level.
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits

Improve fitness level.
    I am gradually increasing the intensity of my formal exercise

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

Still making steady, but slow progress
    🫶 Terri

• more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 5/6/2023 (yesterday)✔️
    1) No dessert today, but sugarfree or no sugar added ok. But can have sweet stuff if it comes with my breakfast or dinner.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/1)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 5/8✔️
    5) Up to 1.5-2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️Didn't eat today.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) Can eat dinner early because of FIL.✔️
    12) Can have lunch a little early at lunch meeting.✔️
    JFT for 5/7/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, but sugarfree or no sugar added ok.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    11) No dried apricots today.

Hour commitment - I won't have my coffee stuff until 8 am. Can have tea and other fluids.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until dinner with DH. Can still have my dose of metamusal. No desserts today but can have bread stuff at dinner.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    A tough week last week and it will be tough again this week I’m sure.

@teigansdad - I know that giving up on making goals and logging is what has really got my weight up.

@pridesabtch - I am always thankful to live in Canada when hospital bills from the States are mentioned. I wouldn’t have that money at all.

@littleblackskirt - I actually watched nits and pieces of the coronation. My grandmother used to tell me about watching Queen Elizabeth’s

• littleblackskirt
    Options

JFT Sunday 7th May

Think before you eat yes
    Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Keep busy, lots to do yes, all outside jobs

Sunday was hard! I did keep "thinking before I eat" but there were many times I would have liked to snack. I kept it under control and was in the green (although I'm allowing myself 1430 calories instead of 1200 at the moment). I even had a sensible calorie counted evening meal and turned down the offer of takeaway later with my son. So I sat and watched the racing on TV with him and he ate pizza and I had a cup of tea.
    I've now managed a whole week of healthy eating :)

JFT Monday 8th May

Think before you eat
    Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Housework
    Paperwork

Heavy rain today so going to catch up with things inside. Lots of paperwork to do, yuck.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat well or stay on track the way I would have wanted throughout the weekend. I did great all day until about 7pm. Then my last hour I went into the snacks. I don't know why. I need to get my self control back on track.

JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories
    ☑️No coffee until 8am
    ☑️No food until 10am
    ☑️No food after 8pm
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today
    ☑️Decide what to feed everyone for dinner
    ☑️Get some movement even if it's raining outside
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Goals for today
    Under 2k
    No food after 9
    12 or more glasses of water
    Log food
    No beer
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    Senior prom is in the books. One more last time for my baby girl. I must say she rocked her gown. It didn't photograph well at the park, but the prom walk photo shows it's sparkle.
    sktlcjda54dl.jpg
    qxr76mlf0ya2.jpg
    juqdty6cf9zm.jpg
    Love my girl so much!