Embarrassed to ask but I'm going to ask it anyway... So plea

Um... Ok I read online everywhere that once you gain weight in your chest area it's hard to lose...When I gained weight, I gained alot of weight there and I lost 25 lbs so far and have some more to go but my chest stayed the same..... So is it true that you cant lose weight there... I thought it was made up of just fat anyway so you should be able to lose there.... Well if you know it can be done what is the best thing to do to focus on that area to lose weight or to go down in bra size? Any specific exercises? I really need to know. Thanks for you help. I am trying hard to stay encourage about this :)

Replies

• UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Just from exercise and eating right I went down. I wore a 36C now I wear a 34B. I didn't do anything special really. I lift weights and do bench presses and chest flies once a week.
  • DarleneT22
    DarleneT22 Posts: 224 Member
    I haven't done any chest-specific exercises and I've gone from a 44H/I to a 38F/G. I hope to get down to a 36D.
  • melcowenfitness
    melcowenfitness Posts: 221 Member
    Hmmm.... that's actually the opposite of what happens to most women. Most of us tend to lose the chest before anything else!

Just focus on your nutrition, good exercise workouts that incorporate cardio and weight training, and make sure your weight training days include workouts for the chest - push ups, bench press, etc.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    You are me ... 3 years ago. I started to lose weight, but the girls remained a full C. Well, I have now lost 121 lbs and I have only 5% of my actual breast tissue left. I am a negative A cup. I will be getting implants in the near future b/c I don't like looking like a boy from the belly button up, so yes, it is possible to lose it. It really happened as I focused on body comp - exchaning body fat for lean body mass.
  • jenblowsbubblez
    jenblowsbubblez Posts: 112 Member
    i am the opposite! wish i could lose this butt and hips!!
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    I always lose weight in my boobs fastest. 32A...barely.
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    i was born to run i went from a size 44c to a 40c but i was not TRYING TO LOOSE WT THERE, i think its just my body droping pounds where it wanted to, i still have large breast not complaining but i would have love to have lost it off my hips.

i did not do anything special just workout with wts, cardio and running 35min on a tredmill 5xs a week.

sorry no secrets here :/
  • I know mine shrank back to my pre-weight gain size when I lost all the weight. I was 108 when I went to college (too thin), gained the freshman 15, then made my way up to 147 pounds by the time I was 40. At 42, I am now down to 125 and happy with that. I lost the weight without any exercise (in over 20 years) and my breasts shrank. Then I started exercising (5 day/wk boot camp), and I stopped losing weight, but lost lots of the remaining fat... my breasts got even smaller. I didn't do anything to target the area (you can't really do that anyway), but just keep eating right and exercising. Just keep it up. You can do it! It's not going to happen overnight, but it will happen!
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    It's a good question, I have read posts from other people in the past who have lost bra size after losing weight - it seems to be the general answer. I too am very hopeful to lose cup size because I gained a lot in my chest. Good luck!!
  • You're actually having trouble losing there? That was the very first place I lost it! =o
  • 10fairywings
    10fairywings Posts: 136 Member
    We're all different babe, most women do lose bust when dieting but some don't. The same as having babies most women lose bust after pregnancy and feeding, but some get bigger (I was one of those lol! ;))

:) xx
  • Cami37
    Cami37 Posts: 4 Member
    I agree that it's hard to lose it there. It's horrible! I wear a 10 but you would never guess that because I'm so big there. I went from a size C cup to a DDD with my last pregnancy 5 years ago. I believe it's all fat and if you look at female bodybuilders you'll notice that they have no boobies. LOL So, I've started weight training to see if maybe I can get rid of them that way.
  • movn4ward
    movn4ward Posts: 69 Member
    I have Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones, which I started out with. I do these exercises that focus on chest and have lost two inches in the girls, even when I don't do her video. I cannot say that these have any more impact than diet and exercise, because I have been doing them in conjunction with the calorie counting and general cardio. I do believe that it helps to do strength training, because I have "big" upper arms. Once I started doing weight training they have started shrinking, something that never happened before. Just keep in mind that you have to focus on measurements when weight training since muscle will weigh more than fat but def takes up less space. Hope they help.

From LOSING IT! With Jillian Michaels
    Thursday, September 08, 2011

Perk Up Your Pecs

We could all use a little pick-me-up in the pectoral region, right? As we age, certain areas may begin to droop a little — you know what I'm talking about. There's no reason to give gravity all the control, though, especially when you can defy gravity with chest-pumping exercises like the classic push-up (modified here for beginners), the dumbbell chest press, and the chest fly.

Modified Push-up
    1.Find a stable elevated bench on which to perform this exercise (if you're at home, the back of your couch or your coffee table will suffice; if you're at the gym, use a weight bench). Stand with the bench in front of you and place your palms on it. Your hands should be just wider than shoulder-width apart. Step your feet back behind you so that you're balancing in a prone position over the bench. You should be supporting your weight on the underside of your toes and the palms of your hands.
    2.Bend your elbows and lower your entire body into push-up position. Your chest should line up with your hands, and your elbows should be bent in 90-degree angles at the midpoint of this exercise. Your neck should be straight and your eyes should be focused on the floor in front of you. Keep your abs tight. Exhale as you push back up to the starting position; repeat.

Dumbbell Chest Press
    1.Lie on your back on a workout bench with your feet up on the bench. (You can also perform this exercise lying on a body ball with your feet firmly on the floor.) Hold the dumbbells over your chest with your arms extended toward the ceiling, palms facing forward. Inhale as you bend your elbows and lower the dumbbells to just above chest level. At the midpoint of this exercise, your upper arms should be parallel to the floor and your forearms perpendicular to the floor.
    2.Hold for a beat, then exhale and press the weights back up to the starting position; repeat.

Dumbbell Chest Fly
    1. Lie on your back on a workout bench with your feet up on the bench. (You can also perform this exercise lying on a body ball with your feet firmly on the floor.) Hold the dumbbells over your chest with your arms extended toward the ceiling, palms facing each other.
    2. Inhale, opening your chest, and slowly lower the weights out in an arc to the sides of your chest. Exhale and raise the weights, again in an arc, back to the starting position; repeat.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    All the other times I've lost weight they didn't go down much at all. This time with a combination of eating healthy and exercising they are going down down down! LOL, since I wasn't wearing the right size I'm not sure what I was at, I can only guess I was anywhere from an M to a P cup. I was wearing a 42G, but when I got refitted in May I was a 36K. I'm currently in a 36J and it's too big. So, yes, you will lose it but it just depends on how your body wants to give it up!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    You're actually having trouble losing there? That was the very first place I lost it! =o

Yea! My whole life I have never been busty until I went off to college and gained 50 pounds and I got so huge in my breast are and would just cry ... Then I lost half of the 50 pounds and they are the same and I believe that's where some of my weight is.. Like I was hoping it was the first to go but it's not.. I think I went down very little but it still is out there. I really hope I lose them and go back to my original bra size.
  • mznisaelaine
    Thank you for this information. I will utilize this.

I have Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones, which I started out with. I do these exercises that focus on chest and have lost two inches in the girls, even when I don't do her video. I cannot say that these have any more impact than diet and exercise, because I have been doing them in conjunction with the calorie counting and general cardio. I do believe that it helps to do strength training, because I have "big" upper arms. Once I started doing weight training they have started shrinking, something that never happened before. Just keep in mind that you have to focus on measurements when weight training since muscle will weigh more than fat but def takes up less space. Hope they help.

From LOSING IT! With Jillian Michaels
    Thursday, September 08, 2011

Perk Up Your Pecs

We could all use a little pick-me-up in the pectoral region, right? As we age, certain areas may begin to droop a little — you know what I'm talking about. There's no reason to give gravity all the control, though, especially when you can defy gravity with chest-pumping exercises like the classic push-up (modified here for beginners), the dumbbell chest press, and the chest fly.

Modified Push-up
    1.Find a stable elevated bench on which to perform this exercise (if you're at home, the back of your couch or your coffee table will suffice; if you're at the gym, use a weight bench). Stand with the bench in front of you and place your palms on it. Your hands should be just wider than shoulder-width apart. Step your feet back behind you so that you're balancing in a prone position over the bench. You should be supporting your weight on the underside of your toes and the palms of your hands.
    2.Bend your elbows and lower your entire body into push-up position. Your chest should line up with your hands, and your elbows should be bent in 90-degree angles at the midpoint of this exercise. Your neck should be straight and your eyes should be focused on the floor in front of you. Keep your abs tight. Exhale as you push back up to the starting position; repeat.

Dumbbell Chest Press
    1.Lie on your back on a workout bench with your feet up on the bench. (You can also perform this exercise lying on a body ball with your feet firmly on the floor.) Hold the dumbbells over your chest with your arms extended toward the ceiling, palms facing forward. Inhale as you bend your elbows and lower the dumbbells to just above chest level. At the midpoint of this exercise, your upper arms should be parallel to the floor and your forearms perpendicular to the floor.
    2.Hold for a beat, then exhale and press the weights back up to the starting position; repeat.

Dumbbell Chest Fly
    1. Lie on your back on a workout bench with your feet up on the bench. (You can also perform this exercise lying on a body ball with your feet firmly on the floor.) Hold the dumbbells over your chest with your arms extended toward the ceiling, palms facing each other.
    2. Inhale, opening your chest, and slowly lower the weights out in an arc to the sides of your chest. Exhale and raise the weights, again in an arc, back to the starting position; repeat.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    I am falling out of my bras too and I hate it. Im going to try weights
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    I havent found my breasts shrinking at all. I was a 42D and now wear 40DD or 38DDD depending on the store... It doesnt bother me so much tho : /
  • mznisaelaine
    I am falling out of my bras too and I hate it. Im going to try weights

Yea im adding more weights to my workout
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Once you get to a certain body fat, your boobs will def. disappear. Generally the fitter you are, the smaller they'll be.

Alot of fitness and figure girls get fake boobs for that exact reason. (jamie eason, leigh brandt, jaq kay)

If you're slimming down and they aren't, consider yourself one of the lucky few.

Not that small boobs are bad or anything, just seems most women would like to keep em.