What is something you do or something you are that is above average?

Options
23iswhen
23iswhen Posts: 39 Member
In other words what makes you superior to the mediocre masses? lol common this is your chance to pad yourself on the shoulder, be conceited or gloat as you wish even if nobody tells you, tell us :smiley:

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,205 Member
    Options
    I was told the cakes and baking i do is above average

I'd have to say my figure skating ability is above average...it's one that I actually know is 😂. Well unless I'm talking about people I grew up skating with them I'm just normal
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,056 Member
    Options
    I sing bass in my church choir. I can hit super low notes, and my volume and projection put others to shame. Been the same in a variety of singing groups I've been part of over the years. Not good enough to go pro (breath control is weaker, and my sight-reading needs work). But I am better than the average bear.
  • 23iswhen
    Options

I'd have to say my figure skating ability is above average...it's one that I actually know is 😂. Well unless I'm talking about people I grew up skating with them I'm just normal

That's awesome! Do you have any pro-tips for baking?
    Figure skating sounds fun specially if you're good at it. thanks for sharing.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    23iswhen wrote: »

That's awesome! Do you have any pro-tips for baking?
    Figure skating sounds fun specially if you're good at it. thanks for sharing.

Well they say you must always follow a recipe for baking but I figure as long as you have the basics like what you're using for leavening and the liquid to dry proportions right you can fiddle with any recipe. Also practice. The more you do the better you get ...kind of a life lesson there.
  • 23iswhen
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    I sing bass in my church choir. I can hit super low notes, and my volume and projection put others to shame. Been the same in a variety of singing groups I've been part of over the years. Not good enough to go pro (breath control is weaker, and my sight-reading needs work). But I am better than the average bear.

That's so cool! Do you ever sing Louis Armstrong's songs?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,056 Member
    Options
    I'd have to look up a song list, and likely hear a few bars to know for sure. (Remembering names is something I most definitely qualify as BELOW AVERAGE at, lol.)
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I’m really above average at being average at lots of things!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I Got Nuthin'.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    The bicycle…

4qggvor9rvs0.jpeg

Also, getting hit by cars… unfortunately.

Origami… for a non Japanese person I s’pose.

I really wanna learn to get better at skating. I can do it but I would like to be able to do some tricks.

• Alinouveau2
    Options
    The bicycle…

4qggvor9rvs0.jpeg

I really wanna learn to get better at skating. I can do it but I would like to be able to do some tricks.

I think you're living in the states right? They have a robust adult skating community you can probably find some lessons. I recommend lessons with a pro not learning from internet videos.

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    The bicycle…

4qggvor9rvs0.jpeg

I think you're living in the states right? They have a robust adult skating community you can probably find some lessons. I recommend lessons with a pro not learning from internet videos.

Ye, I'm floating between Tennessee and Texas. I'd really love to get better at skating so I could start playing Ice Hockey..finding the time is hard though. We used to go ice skating for school excursions and I'm old enough to have experienced inline skate growing up lol.. last time I went skating was back in December..it comes back...like riding a bike.
  • spacetreemonkey
    spacetreemonkey Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm a really good writer (everyone keeps telling me to write a book!) and I make really good pancakes
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I make above average chocolate chip cookies.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    At almost 60, I can do a 30 inch box jump, run at 12 miles an hour (for a short distance), still break dance (actually spinning on the floor and floor work) and play sports with some 30 year olds and keep up.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,811 Member
    Options
    drawing a blank
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I have reflexes like a *kitten*
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,811 Member
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    I have reflexes like a *kitten*

Dad arm flies out to stop the already seatbelted kid from flying forward when some *kitten* cuts in front of them kind of reflexes?