Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

would like to enter minerals and trace elements

Options
I would like more of these:
+ Want more vitamins, minerals (such as magnesium, ...) and trace elements to track - in mg so you can set your own individual nutrient goals, but not in %
+ List salt and sodium separately (they are not the same and often there is only salt listet)
+ Being able to enter medication would also be great
Tagged:
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 728 MFP Staff
    Options
    We appreciate the great suggestion involving the ability to track salt instead of sodium in our program. This is something we hope to add in the future and we will share your feedback with our team.

As far as vitamins, minerals and medications - we're definitely considering adding native support for tracking additional vitamins, as well as supplements, or medications. In the meantime, many users use the Notes area in the Diary to record these additional items.

As an alternative, you can create a new Meal category called "Vitamins and Supplements" and/or "Medications". You can then create a custom food entry in the food database to represent your vitamin, supplement or medication, and then log this item to your Diary when you consume it.
  • magdalenaneuwirth
    magdalenaneuwirth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I opted for the variant with the new category and the custom food entry in the food datavase.
    However, this only helps me to a limited extent to be able to understand the vitamins and trace elements I have taken in because (potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, iron) repesent to little.

I am aware that not all of the following points are relevant for everyone and can be added to the list. But at least the splitting of the vitamins would be absolutely helpful.

I once wrote down all the points of my additives to compare it with what you can put in MFP (potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, iron) which makes a very big difference.

Vit A split (retinol; precursor: beta-carotene)
    Vit B in general - increased (Thiamine [B1], Riboflavin [B2], Niacin [B3], Pantothenic Acid [B5], Pyridoxine [B6], Biotin [B7], Folic Acid [B9], Cobalamin [B12])
    Vit C (ascorbic acid)
    Vit D (calciferol/ ergocalciferol [D2], cholecalciferol [D3]
    Vit E (tocopherol)
    Vit K (phytomenadione/ phylloquinone [K1], menaquinone [K2])

magnesium
    zinc
    iron
    manganese
    copper
    selenium
    molybdenum
    chrome
    Citrus Bioflavonoids
    lycopene
    Plantovir (Cistus incanus extract)
    standardized for total polyphenols
    lutein
    zeaxanthin

potassium
    calcium

Omega-3 (alpha-linolenic acid [ALA], docosahexaenoic acid [DHA], eicosapentaenoic acid [EPA])
    Omega 6
    Omega 9

silica
    of which silicon