Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Manual glucose entry

Options
I was so delighted to see the announcement that glucose monitoring will now be included alongside nutrition tracking. But I would love to see the option of manually entering this as part of the diary - I have no plans to move to a continuous monitor because I swim a lot and this brand at least of continuous readers is not waterproof. It seems odd to me that auto-syncing is possible but manual entry for those of us who use other types of tracking is not.

An option under diary to add insulin dosages would be brilliant too. At the moment I keep paper records too but it would be nice to have it all in one place.
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• bookaddict1972
    bookaddict1972 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Seconded! I was just diagnosed and it woul be helpful in determining how different foods and exercise affect me.

I also use an app that syncs with my meter. Are there plans to add integration with other apps as well?
  • DefeatingGravity15
    Options
    I agree! It would be nice to enter in our glucose manually. Not everyone has the luxury of using a CGM let alone dexcom6. My endo upgrade me to g7 which is not compatible.

PLEASE DEVELOP A WAY TO ENTER GLUCOSE MANUALLY, respectively :)

Thank you.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Options
    You can track measurements on MFP.
    Standard measurements are neck, waist and hips, but you can create custom ones too. Since you can only add one data point per day per metric, you could create for example the metrics 'blood glucose 8AM', 'blood glucose 8PM' etc.

You'll need to go through the desktop/browser version of MFP:
    - to create a new metric you want to track (after that, you can enter measurements via the app): https://www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/change
    - to enter historical data (the app only allows you to enter today's measurements): https://www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/edit
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 728 MFP Staff
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Thank you all for your feedback on the Glucose feature! You can read more on this feature here and how it currently works.

If you're an Android user, you can manually add your Glucose information to Google Fit. If your Google Fit application is set to sync it's information with Health Connect, MyFitnessPal will be able to pull your manually logged glucose information from Health Connect.

Users can link Google Fit to Health Connect by opening Google Fit -> Profile -> Settings -> "Sync Fit with Health Connect".

Users can enter their glucose information manually into Google Fit by tapping on Browse -> Vitals -> Blood Glucose, and then tapping on the "+" button.