How do you figure out the calories for DVDs?

Options
Hi!

I do Jillian Michaels Shred and Yoga Meltdown when I don't feel like going running- but I haven't found them or anything like them in the "Exercise" list. I have been counting it as "yoga," but I feel like her program is a lot more intense than yoga I've done in the past- it's gotta burn more than 80 calories!

How do you figure out how big a burn your DVD gives you?

Replies

• tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Best way-- HRM.

Second best way-- JM videos are circut training, and for the yoga you'll just have to log it as yoga and know you probably did more... I'd rather underestimate than overestimate, you know?
  • Dkenny74
    Dkenny74 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't eat DVD's. But I think they are probably 0 calories.
  • cal1973
    cal1973 Posts: 306 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • suzieduh
    suzieduh Posts: 196 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • KiteGirl83
    Options

Funny guy. :tongue:
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is to get a heart rate monitor to know how much :)
  • KiteGirl83
    Options
    Sorry, it might be obvious- but what's HRM? Heart rate monitor?
    Best way-- HRM.

Second best way-- JM videos are circut training, and for the yoga you'll just have to log it as yoga and know you probably did more... I'd rather underestimate than overestimate, you know?
  • Liss416
    Liss416 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    The circuit training under cardio section is a good idea. I was doing the 30 day shred. There are 3 circuits with 3 min strength, 2 min cardio and 1 calisthenics in each circuit... so I plugged it in to mfp in the cardio section as 9 min strength - 6 min of cardio and 3 calisthenics... but there is a circuit training category so you could go that route too... I haven't done Yoga Meltdown, so I can't help you there....