JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group. Can someone direct me to how to do that ? If there is a format to follow etc. TIA

Welcome!
    No, no format :)
    Just whatever suits you!

Some post goals in the morning and update at night, some post goals once a day and update the next day when they post their goals.
    Some post hourly to keep on track.

I used to post goals. I don't anymore because right now I'm not using MFP consistently, but when I am doing it I bor ally just post my achievements for the day.

So whatever works for you!
    And what threw me off when I first joined it that posts come through all sorts of random times in the day and it took me a good week to figure out it was the timezones 😂
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    🦋🐞💎 MAY 2023 💎🐞🦋
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    May focus: regaining fitness after op.
    Little by little!!!
    📍Focus: improve fitness level.
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits

Improve fitness level.
    I am gradually increasing the intensity of my formal exercise

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

Sat up watching Eurovision last night so a bit late getting started today.

Planning to visit DED, and take her some of our spare tomato plants. DYGS is home for the summer from his first year at Uni, and DEGS will be there. Looking forward to seeing both of the boys.

🫶 Terri

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group. Can someone direct me to how to do that ? If there is a format to follow etc. TIA
    Welcome. As @Bex953172 said, no rules as such. Do whatever suits you best.

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @Kykybinford - Welcome! I'm an avid user for several years now! It really helps me.

The biggest thing I've learned over my life of compulsive eating is that I "just don't keep promises to myself". Sad to say, but true. But a public declaration (on this board) in the form of an hour commitment -- I keep! Go figure. I have some sort of rigorous honesty with that. It's also a way for me to "move on" and to leave digressions behind. So that's why you'll see me do JFT goals and then hour commitments throughout the day.

Thanks to all of you for being here.

Happy Mother's Day!
  • more_freggies76
    edited May 2023
    Options
    JFT for 5/14/2023 (today)✔️
    1) Can have desserts today.
    2) None of DH's stash today.
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/12)
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 5/15
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/11). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 5/9) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 5/12)
    11) Can eat lunch early with friends.
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until lunch with my friends.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow, except some cocoa and my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 5/14/2023 (today)✔️
    1) Can have desserts today. ✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today.✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/12)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 5/15✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/11). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 5/9) (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 5/12)✔️Didn't eat today
    11) Can eat lunch early with friends.✔️

JFT for 5/15/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No desserts today. Can have sugarfree or no sugar added.
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 5/18
    5) Up to 1.5-2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/11). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Happy belated Mother’s Day to the mamas!
    Last two days have been slack on the goals and heavier on the calories. Time to get things back in gear. Still have today and tomorrow off. Have a bunch of things I’d like to get done in addition to making next two days really heavy training volume so gonna try to stay focused and knock
    out my goals

For today
    12-14 glasses of water
    Calorie deficit
    Zwift workout
    Doctors appointment
    Trail ride
    Grocery shop
    Cat box change
    Prep dinner
    Group ride
    No more than 2 beers

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories
    ☑️No coffee until 8am
    ☑️No food until 10am
    ☑️No food after 8pm
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today
    ☑️Dinner out for belated Mother's Day - pick something healthy-ish
    ☑️Husband cardiologist appt today
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday – NO SNACKS AT SCHOOL!
    1. THINK PINK. Check on coverage requirements. JFT. Review emails. Check in with tutoree's teacher!
    2. Online facilitation - No coverage! What a surprise. Review/revise lesson plans. SET TIMES. Update class website. Duolingo. Reply to emails. Journal. Draft TPT unit. Write blog post about the cost of loving work. Get pens from library.
    3. Pit Crew - Outside / alt teacher. Also need to collect forms and hand out invites. Extra help for CJ.
    4. Planning - Reading (Library book). Update Goodreads! Do some deep stretchy squats and some crunches. Review weekly plans. LIFTING. Update Wishes on blog.
    5. English class - I Am Malala study guides and projects. Last day for late work guarantee = Friday.
    6. Check on dr. Move laundry to dryer. Need to keep cleaning out Gmail. Need to set up some kind of organizational system there. Identify priority actions in journal.
    7. Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books.
    8. Evening: Tweetchat. Dinner: Birthday! Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday YMCA but no library volunteering. Podcast? Sun RC. When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors; need to repair joist. C nap in bedroom; keep blankets and pillows (and PJs!) in bedroom. Thursday therapy 4P / painting 5P / podcast 7P. Bring cash for book!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 198.8

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Rock City? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? ADHD testing Aug 10 2P and Aug 15 2P. Therapy May 18 4p. Biometric RS? Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage May 13 6P

13. Therapy thoughts: Reflecting on progress – "No snacks at school" definitely helps. Been lifting regularly, cardio in the AM. Making progress on staying in the room; Cora got curtains and a soft area rug. What do I do about the fact that nothing really seems fun? "Having fun" is something of a chore. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. Kind of scattered today, to be honest. We're getting VERY close to the end of the year and it feels like I'm being pulled in every direction at once!
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 5/15/2023 (today)✔️
    5) Up to 1.5-2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/11). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    Now in shared file:

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    Just in case you need a laugh and are under the impression that I have my life together…

So we have this cute puppy and because of cute puppy we have a baby gate on the stairs. I needed to do laundry so I went upstairs. While I was upstairs cute puppy pee’d at the bottom of the stairs (she dislikes it when we go upstairs). I come downstairs with a full hamper of laundry and see a puddle. Because I am so graceful, I tried to set the basket to the right of the puddle while stepping over the gate. Outcome? Down in the basement arose such a clatter… I fell down the stairs, landed just to the left of the puddle, hit my head on the wall and dropped the hamper into the pee puddle splashing pee on everything including me.

Yes, I’m okay. Sore cause old people are like that, but nothing major.

Today is the day I take the cute puppy to my daughter. I'll miss the little dragon, but she has a more important job to do. She will be my daughter's "why" for a while. We all need something to care for and to love. Unfortunately, Sierra struggles to love herself so she needs an external reason to get up and engage with the world. My husband prays over the dog every night hoping that she will be the perfect best friend.

JFT Monday
    - Sleep in :smiley:
    - Puppy to get final shots :smiley:
    - Pack puppy's stuff :smiley:
    - Work
    - Leave work early
    - Drive to Cambridge to meet daughter. Hopefully, spend a little time there before heading home.
    - Maybe meet a friend for drinks after the drop off as he lives in Cambridge.
    - Bed by 10:30
  • more_freggies76
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hour commitment - Eating salad in car ok today. Not a habit I like to cultivate, but can’t realky be at home right now.

Finished lunch - now I won’t eat again until after 5pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 5/15/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts today. Can have sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 5/18✔️
    5) Up to 1.5-2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/11). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 5/12)✔️

JFT for 5/16/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/15). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin today. (last 5/15)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    Now in shared file:

• more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 5/16/2023 (today)✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/15). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin today. (last 5/15)
    Now in shared file:

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options

JFT Monday
    - Sleep in :smiley:
    - Puppy to get final shots :smiley:
    - Pack puppy's stuff :smiley:
    - Work :smiley:
    - Leave work early :smiley:
    - Drive to Cambridge to meet daughter. Hopefully, spend a little time there before heading home. :smiley:
    - Maybe meet a friend for drinks after the drop off as he lives in Cambridge. :smiley:
    - Bed by 10:30 :(

Yesterday was a good day. Got to see my girl and I made plans for V's 18th birthday. It is a short notice party/sleepover at the house Thursday after their Senior Spot Day. The kids should have a really great day, I just need to clean up downstairs now that the pup is gone so they have a place to sleep. Looks like 10 kids are coming. I ordered Chipotle catering for 15 and a Great American Cookie Cake. Other than that I'll grab a veggie tray and cut up some fruit and buy some drinks. Should be pretty easy. Oh, gotta get stuff for s'mores in case they decide to have a fire.

Today is just work and cleaning, unless I go for a hike with friends. Not sure if they hike in the rain, but they tend to be pretty hard core so I wouldn't doubt it.

JFT Tuesday
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Work stuff :smiley:
    - Make Graduation announcements
    - Reserve shelter for grad party.
    - Hike
    - Clean
    - No alcohol
    - Shower
    - Bed by 11:00

• Kykybinford
    Kykybinford Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday:

-DRINK MORE 💧
    -Get more steps in than I did yesterday.
    -Do something for my Self-Care.

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 5/16/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts today. Can have sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 5/18✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/15). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin today. (last 5/15)✔️

JFT for 5/17/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/12)
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/15). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 5/15)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    Now in shared file: