I need support PLEASE!!!!

Options
Husbund and I are over 50 we have try to loss weight we loss 10 then gain 20 we need support! I a stay home mom and hubby is on the roadbut, I support him over the phone but, me a lone on this I need to loss 50 pound by Jan THANKS:happy:
Renee.

Replies

• mik1e
    Options
    dear Stay @ Home: Age makes NO DIFFERENCE ! Eating habits and lifestyle DO! Start a food diary and be honest.
    If you are not very active, eat no more than 1500 cals/day...Eat lots of green vegatables and fruit; cut back on sugar
    and avoid anything made with white flour..Cut caffine intake also. You can do it !!:smile:
  • smashleyt
    smashleyt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You can DO this!!! Just take it one day at a time. If you're craving something, have it...but look up your nutrition facts first and then decide the portion size that you can afford. That's one thing I've learned (in my whole two days on this site :) ) Welcome and you're gonna do GREAT! Everyone is very supportive!
  • sneezles
    sneezles Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    First, good for you for trying! I would suggest you not get fixated on the 50 pounds by January since it's a bit unrealistic goal...30 would be a better number to aim for.

I would throw out or give away any foods that would tempt you to overeat. I have pretty good will power but while losing weight I cannot make chocolate chip cookies...no problem resisting the baked cookies but cannot resist the dough. So I don't make them.

If your not exercising start! Walk, walk, walk some more and then run!

Hold yourself accountable for everything that goes in Your mouth...everything!
  • Rebecca2u
    Rebecca2u Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think you will find MFP to be a very useful tool in your weight loss. It will put into clear numbers exactly what you are eating and allow for you to make portion controled choices. If you havent found it yet, they also have a free phone app which would help hubby stay accountable when away from home. Please send me a friend request if you'd like, Good luck in your lifestyle change to a healthier and happier you!
  • talzybob
    Options
    no matter what the situation is it can be very tuff. i find it hard to get out of bed most days because of my headaches so losing weight is a battle let alone coming on here to edit what ive eaten ad what excercise ive done but with all the support i get from friends and family i know it can be done even if i do end up missing coming on here i do write it all down in a diray then later add it on here.

if you wish you can add me on here and ill do my best to help you out. i do try and get on here as often as i can. even if it ends up been once a week. i have the app on my phone and since i am going through a good patch at the mo i am now getting on a bit more.

dont panic to much ok. its easy to do that but really there is no need for that just take it easy and take it a step at a time these things take time. small things to begin with. what things have you tried so far that have worked that you have enjoyed? start with those first that easier to start with and then you can build yourself up from there.

try not to panic ok and really dont rush it as you dont want to make yourself ill. doing it together is a great idea and i think its great that you can support each other.
  • slocorry
    slocorry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Some days are harder than others and for the days that are more difficult you have to stay extra busy. I get out in the yard -- have you seen how many calories you burn for yardwork!!

Also, rather than using this site as a place to see where I went wrong on the calorie intake, I use it as a place I can check my choices.

Hang in there and just remember that gaining the weight didn't take overnight, so be patient with yourself on the losing side.

10830538.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend invite so please feel free to add me if you like.:happy:
  • 2sexy4myself
    Options
    Hey Renee,

I'm over 50 too with a lot of weight to loose. And let's all agree that once you hit 40 it's a lot more difficult to drop the weight. I've been battling weight for many years and I'm at a place where getting healthy is my number one priority. I've lost 40 lbs so far, but it has taken me a year with ups and downs.

One of the things I learned along my journey, is that the more stress you have in your life, the less likely you will loose weight. So give yourself a break, relax and start with small steps. Try to reduce some of the stress in your life, like not setting unrealistic goals to loose 50 pounds in 3 months. I began with increasing my water intake (necessary evil) and cutting out as many processed foods as I could. I'm still working on getting a consistent exercising programing. I exercise when I can and cut myself some slack when I can't (cuz stress will undo all the good choices I've been making). Others on this site offer great advise and the support here is awesome. I'll accept all friend request. Best of luck and more importantly you can do it!!
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    MFP has helped me tremendously and the support on here is awesome. My peice of advise is to be honest and log everything you eat. It was a total eye opener for me. Im not going to lie to you, It will be hard for the first couple of week but it will slowly get easier and easier. Im finding that Im not constantly obsessing over food anymore and Im gaining the will power to say no thanks. I do have treats but I only have a little as Im not willing to spend my calories on that. I think of my calories like money and I have a certain amount of money (calories) to spend in a day. Feel free to friend me as the more support you have the better the outcome, Cheers.
  • widr
    widr Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks everyone,
    Yes, I have lot of stress I have two teen age sons and get stress becouse I a hard of hearing person and people just not understand that I have a hard time understanding and they get mad and it upset me and my sons. I try for 20 pounds:laugh:
    Renee