Sweet Tooth

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    Dates with peanut butter!

Or cream cheese with some natural orange extract mixed in, and a toasted almond on top.

I make those, plus a little Cointreau in the cream cheese, for potlucks sometimes, and people love them.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Dates with peanut butter!

The best 'candy'...I like a sprinkle of dark chocolate and flaked finishing salt too...om
  • laurosaurusrex
    laurosaurusrex Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    They aren’t low calorie but I love lil buff cakes. I have them with their vanilla cashew frosting and it seriously hits the sweet tooth like no other. The cakes have some protein and decent fiber as well. I find their vegan line to be best.
  • berrrygal
    berrrygal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I find it’s better to get off the sugar. Sugar only makes you crave more sugar. Try something else full of flavor like a pickle or lemon water. Once you get through a few day without sugar it gets easier. Or try Lilys chocolate! Sweetened with stevia. :)
  • laceyblow11
    laceyblow11 Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    i absolutley swear by mug cakes , i look forward to this treat right before bed time. i use the ones by myprotein.com (salted caramel is the best). Make the mug cake with water with a teaspoon of biscoff spread in it before u microwave it. Top with a muller caramel and chocolate fat free layer yoghurt and a few raspberries. its heaven , its better than a school pudding :) The key is to microwave it only for 2 mins- it will look runny still but it will be a sponge with some gooey sauce :)
  • lacylucy1935
    lacylucy1935 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    1. I have been doing protein pudding, started making it with the sf instant pudding then wanted a simpler version. Take a protein shake flavor of your choice, warm 1 min in microwave, then add 2 tabs corn starch heating for 1 min whisking after each , top with spray cream! Quick, easy, satisfying!
    2. rice cake drizzle w/ dark chocolate, peanut butter! Yummy
    3. SF popsicle
  • suzzannestoll
    suzzannestoll Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things to do is to cut open a date (remove seed if you didn't get seedless)....fill it with a little natural peanut butter & 1 walnut....close up and eat....
  • leeleejean22
    leeleejean22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like making this sweet treat for added protein: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 3 tsp sweetener of choice (I use maple syrup)--blend in food processer. Not too sweet, but hits the spot w/ the chocolate :smile:
  • TCuffe
    TCuffe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try the Robert Irvine Fit Crunch protein bars. They all have a satisfying sweet feeling like eating a candy bar, but are 190 calories, 16 protein and around 3-5 sugar.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    When I’m craving sugar I don’t eat sugar, I eat salt and drink water. Eg cheese snack
  • batmancop
    batmancop Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make a parfait with 6 oz of 0% Fage, 3 oz of fresh berries or pineapple, a shake of unsweetened coconut flakes all mixed together. I top off with a little bit of canned whipped cream and one square of Ghiradelli dark chocolate (crushed). Tastes just like an ice cream sundae to me.
  • 8323L
    8323L Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I'm a sleepy eater, I have a problem with waking up in the middle of sleep and grabbing sweets to eat....lately I will have a bowl of fruit with almond milk and Stevia on it, balanced breaks are great for cravings and almonds.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I eat a whole pound of strawberries when I'm wanting something sweet, but don't really want to eat many calories and just really want to get my body to STFU. Only like 150 calories but full of fiber and water and most of the time I'm sick of eating them by the time I'm done.
  • rebatequeen
    rebatequeen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth as well and here are a couple of products I really enjoy.

Serving of Breyers Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream
    topped with fresh berries or I make a root beer float with the Breyers ice cream and No Sugar A&W root beer.

I also like the organic Tattooed Chef Açaí bowl or their almond butter, banana, smoothie bowl.
  • cvainc1
    cvainc1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like jello and cool whip or pineapples and whip cream
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Cup of nonfat cottage cheese, frozen blueberries on top, and a sprinkling of Stevia or other sweetener… soo good and lots of protein
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I get these lily's chocolate chips. They are like 50 calories for 30 chocolate chips. Mix some pb powder in yogurt. Sugar free pudding.
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Cottage berry whip - blend cottage cheese and frozen berries in the food processor.

Soft serve ice cream - blend a frozen banana and 1 scoop vanilla or plain protein powder in the food processor until it looks like soft serve. You can add other fruit, peanut butter powder, cocoa powder, Lily's chocolate chips, flavored extracts or syrups, etc to make different flavors.

170 grams nonfat Greek yogurt mixed with 7 grams (1 T or 1/4 package) sugar free pudding mix. Pistachio, butterscotch or cheesecake flavored pudding are all delicious. It changes the texture and taste of the yogurt and is reminiscent of cheesecake.