Does anyone know what the difference between the Turbofire W

I got the entire program from a friend and I reading over everything and it seems so awesome!! Can't wait to start!! But I am a little confused on where to start.

Should I start with the 5 day inferno plan? I take it this is the beginning plan to kick start your weight loss? The I see the TurboFIre 20 week class schedule, and then the CLX Hybrid thread schedule, so which one do I start with??? & I thought this was a 12 week program so seeing the 20 week threw me off a little. Can someone that has done the program or is familiar with it help me please. My friend never did it so she has no clue.
& if theirs anything you want to add about the program I'm all ears!!

Thanks so much!!!

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    I didn't do the Inferno and I jumped right in in May. I love the program and I'm about to start the Advanced DVDs Monday then the hybrid when I'm done with TF.

The advanced DVDs/Calendar are optional but I'm going to do it.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    I didn't do the inferno plan just because it's not vegetarian and I am. I'm doing the hybrid program, which I really like because you get strength and cardio instead of just primarily strength (CLX) or primarily cardio (TurboFire). I'm in week 4 right now.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    I didn't do the inferno plan! You can either start with the new to class schedule (which I believe doesn't have HIIT workouts) or the regular TF schedule. The hybrid program is if you have TF and CLX (Chalean Extreme) I love Turbo Fire and just started using CLX a couple weeks ago... Both programs are great! :)
  • prettyinpink116
    prettyinpink116 Posts: 35 Member
    Thanks so much for answering!! SO did you lost the 50lbs doing this program and dieting? SO then I take it you just followed the Turbofire 20 week class schedule?
  • prettyinpink116
    @bluegirl10 Thanks so much for answering! You cleared some things up :) & I'm so excited to start :)
  • prettyinpink116
    @fridayjustleft04 Thanks so much! & Congrats on your weight loss!! Thast so great! SO how much have you lost so far doing TF?
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Thanks so much for answering!! SO did you lost the 50lbs doing this program and dieting? SO then I take it you just followed the Turbofire 20 week class schedule?

I am doing other exercises on top of TF. I completed C25K, now jog every other day and go to Zumba or weight lifting classes at my gym 5-6 days a week.

To clarify, both programs have cardio & strength because Chalene's philosophy is muscle burns fat and you can't do cardio with out muscle. It's just that TF focuses more on cardio with a weaker strength training componet and CHX focuses on building lean muscle and is weak on cardio. That's why they are great together.
    I opt'ed to drop as much body fat as possible with TF alone first. I still do the strength classes and/or I skip/add the DVD's weights and pick up a class at the gym that day instead.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    @fridayjustleft04 Thanks so much! & Congrats on your weight loss!! Thast so great! SO how much have you lost so far doing TF?
    Thanks :smile: I've only lost one pound so far (the first three weeks of the hybrid are CLX), but I've lost lots of inches. About 8 so far. Most people, from what I've read, don't lose weight the first couple of weeks doing CLX because you're building muscle; as long as the inches are still coming off, I'm happy.
  • prettyinpink116
    @fridayjustleft04 Thats so awesome :) Keep up the good work