I would like to introduce myself

Options
:smile: My name is Diahenna and I am 49. I do have some health issues and really need to lose some weight.. I have a 17 year old daughter and a 16 year old son, and half of the friends are here all the time and it seems my family is always eating..

Replies

• whisperingdragon
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Nice to meet you.
  • LacieMac
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) good luck on your journey!!!
  • cheri868
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. I have some health issues myself, so losing weight has been difficult for me so far.
  • Judyann5
    Options
    Welcome to MFP I hope it helps you with you weight lost.:flowerforyou:
  • baloney17
    baloney17 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I hope you enjoy the journey. Good luck, I'm sure you will love the community here. Best wishes on much success!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    welcome. Yes, people are always eating. Try inviting friends and family to go on a walk or picnic up a hiking trail. My friends and family know that I am gluten intolerant and I usually always bring my own food to functions. The same applies for someone trying very hard to change their life. Don't be shy. Just do it. Anyone that judges you for it either is jealous that they lack the conviction to stick to something sincerely or are just happy to life in ignorance and obesity.

Always eat before going out so you won't be tempted and if you mess up, log it and then move on. It is a life changing experience and everyone, especially you can succeed. Congrats on starting your new life today!
  • Miggy52
    Miggy52 Posts: 164
    Options
    Im new here as well I go by my nick name Miggy.....I learned of myfitnesspal from my local Curves center , Im also struggling with trying to lose weight I think due to my age Im finding it harder...I know I did not gain the weight over nite so I don't expect to lose it over nite...I try to work out 3 times a week, I go to Zumba Gold on tuesdays and thursdays and try to get another work out day in I work full time at an office job....and hard to get to the gym....