JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - not feeling well. After my yogurt, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. I can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    JFT 5/21
    - log all food ✅
    - 40 oz of water ❌
    - Clean out refrigerator ✅

JFT 5/22
    - log all food
    - 40 oz of water
    - Yoga
    - Wash dishes
    - Laundry

Looking at a very long workday today, complete with a solid 8 hours of meetings. And after that I need to do a fair amount of housework before I leave for vacation in a couple days. Praying my stomach cooperates today and doesn’t give me any added stress.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

JFT:
    ☑️No coffee until 8am ✅
    ☑️No food until after 10am ❌ Popcorn at 9am
    ☑️No food after book club meeting ❌ Cookie after meeting
    ☑️At least 8000 steps ❌ Not even close
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories ❌ Stopped logging at lunch
    ☑️Drink at least 72 oz water ✅
    ☑️Get blog recipe post organized ❌ I got the photos done but didn't finish writing it for today
    ☑️Make daughter put away clothes ❌ However, she did do the dishes
    ☑️Refresh myself on book info (I'm about 2 months ahead on book club reads) ✅

Ever have a day that just blows up before you start and never gets back on track???? Well, ignore all my failures. :D It's a new day today.

JFT:
    ☑️No coffee until 8am
    ☑️No food until after 10am
    ☑️No food after trivia
    ☑️At least 8000 steps
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories
    ☑️Drink at least 72 oz water
    ☑️Get blog recipe post organized
    ☑️Daughter has dental work today
    ☑️Trivia tonight
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well! I've been MIA for a while, but after throwing all my good intentions out the window for the past month, I'm re-committing today. The combo plate of our car being sideswiped & then being in the shop for 3 weeks (so no pool), plus the kitchen reno that lasted 4 weeks, and then our vacation last week - I just stopped trying to be honest! But now the kitchen is done, the car is back and vacation is over - time to focus on my health again. DH and I got to the pool, I'm about to prep my egg whites for the week's breakfasts and commit to no alcohol at home (again.) The good news is the kitchen came out better than I'd even hoped - even though the cabinets were just painted and not replaced, it looks entirely new! Finally got my white kitchen! :smile:
    JFT:
    stay within calorie goal
    100 oz of water
    no alcohol
    pool - CHECK! :)
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options

JFT Monday
    - Up by 6:00 :smiley:
    - Early Meetings :smiley:
    - Work on complaints
    - Home at lunch for dog - he has a UTI :(
    - Work on training material :smiley:
    - Leave work by 3:30 :smiley:
    - Give blood :smiley:
    - Home by 5:30 :smiley:
    - Chill / do laundry :(
    - Bed by 10:30 :(

Yesterday ended up pretty good despite the anxiety. I ordered some new workout gear and decided to get my act together. Gave blood which was a little trying. There was a really new tech, he was just signed off at the beginning of the month, he was the one hooking me up. He didn't get the needle in quite right the first time so he dug around a bit and then asked for help. Luckily, I'm pretty patient, but after about 5 minutes I was getting concerned. When I got home I took a long nap instead of doing laundry. When I got up hubby wanted to go out to eat so we did. Other than that, not much happened.

Today is graduation day for my baby girl. It's hard to believe she is getting ready to go out on her own in just a few months.

JFT Tuesday
    - Work stuff :smiley:
    - Log food
    - Leave work by 4:30
    - Pick up mom at 6:00
    - Graduation at 7:00
    - Dinner after graduation
    - Bed by 10:30

• more_freggies76
    edited May 2023
    Options
    JFT for 5/23/2023 (today)✔️
    ***Have to eat soft foods or liquid today due to very sore throat.
    1) No desserts today. Can have sugarfree or no sugar added. Can have honey
    2) None of DH's stash today.
    3) Peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/18)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 5/25
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) Honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 5/18) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 5/15)
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. No more honey or pears today. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • emgracewrites
    Options
    JFT 5/22
    - log all food ✅ Had to guess on some of the quantities because I lost track of how much junk food I grazed on.
    - 40 oz of water ✅
    - Yoga ✅
    - Wash dishes ❌ Ran out of steam
    - Laundry ✅ It’s clean but it’s not folded

11 hours of work today. My reward is getting up super early tomorrow to get even more work done before day 2 of this stupid quality audit that’s been taking up all my time.

Had to change my vacation plans too - I was planning to spend a day exploring Annapolis, but it’s the same day that the commissioning for the Naval Academy is happening, so I’m skipping it and spending more time in DC instead. Hopefully it’ll all work out for the best. I need this break so badly.

JFT 5/23
    - log all food
    - 40 oz of water
    - Wash dishes
    - Laundry
    - Pack for vacation

• more_freggies76
    edited May 2023
    Options
    JFT for 5/23/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts today. Can have sugarfree or no sugar added. Can have honey✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today.✔️
    3) Peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/18)✔️Didn't eat today.
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 5/25✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) Honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 5/18) (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️A little over today, I think, didn't really measure, but not bad.
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 5/15)✔️Didn't eat today.
    JFT for 5/24/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/18)
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 5/23) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)

Hour commitment - After my yogurt, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

[/quote]

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    So second day turned not so good Monday…I’ve been really doing well with weight and exercise. I admit I could/ need to make better nutrition choices as I know my protein intake has been poor but I’ll get there. The kick in the pants though is that I was coming down this trail in the mountains with some friends of mine and my right pinky finger essentially took all of the impact between the handlebar and a boulder jutting out. The good news is the bikes fine. The bad is I broke the finger and turns out you kinda need them all to ride fast off road. So I’m off the trails for at least 3 weeks. I tried doing a few pull ups. I can do them but the way I have to do it is gonna just end up hurting me. Tried dumbells at this point they are a no-go. I can ride the trainer. I can run (Teigan’s happy about that). But was really on fire. I’m gonna take this as a message to wake up call and choose to grow (I hope). Part of that is gonna require me to really stay focused. Hoping getting back to this on the regular will help

Goals for today
    Under 2k calories
    10-12!glasses of water
    No beer
    Log all food
    No trainer or treadmill today is a rest day
    Anytime I get negative I’m gonna make a choice to find at least one positive thing
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Well my automatic status updates have been rather amusing the past couple.of days. I apparently bought a bike and cycled and ran for a whopping 1 min 😂.

So I'm disconnecting Google Fit from MFP.
    The reality is me and ash have been going for nice long walks in the country park behind our house.
    We've been every day for the last 3 days ranging from 1hr to 2hr walks. Today was a 2 hr one and everything from my hips downwards aches! And I still gotta do a 2 mile school run yet 💀

The dog has been with us the last two days, joining us on his own fitness journey. He's a bit tubby, our fault because we haven't walked him enough but it's nice to be able to do it now
    Better late than never.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Here's some pics from the walk

4dv3atadgx00.jpg
    lvw6eiu177sd.jpg
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    ☑️No coffee until 8am ✅
    ☑️No food until after 10am ✅
    ☑️No food after trivia ✅
    ☑️At least 8000 steps ❌ I had over 6000 but didn't quite get to my goal
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories ❌ Honestly, I was pretty close but still went over
    ☑️Drink at least 72 oz water ✅
    ☑️Get blog recipe post organized ❌ I might have to just plan to post it next week.
    ☑️Daughter has dental work today ✅
    ☑️Trivia tonight ✅

Yesterday didn't quite go to plan but it was a lot better than it has been recently.

JFT:
    ☑️No coffee until 8am
    ☑️No food until after 10am
    ☑️No food after 8pm
    ☑️At least 8000 steps
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories
    ☑️Drink at least 72 oz water
    ☑️Tea date with daughter to start Between Us Girls book
    ☑️Spaghetti for dinner - plan a veggie to go with it
    ☑️Begin prep for Friday meeting
    ☑️Find time to read new book

@jennysweet58 Welcome back. A good kitchen makes so much difference. Glad to hear the reno is complete!

@pridesabtch Congrats to your girl!!

@emgracewrites I love Annapolis. DC is still pretty great though. (Are my Maryland roots showing too much?) :D

@teigansdad I'm so sorry about your finger!!!! I hope you heal quickly.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday
    - Work stuff :smiley:
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Leave work by 4:30 :smiley:
    - Pick up mom at 6:00 :smiley:
    - Graduation at 7:00 :smiley:
    - Dinner after graduation :smiley:
    - Bed by 10:30 :smiley:

Yesterday was stressful, but not really bad. Anytime I have to spend with my mom is tough. I know that sounds bad, but she is such a negative person. Graduation was really nice. It was a beautiful day and they had it at the football stadium.

Tonight is trivia, but I think I'll try to get a long wog (walk/jog) in before I go. My new shoes haven't come in yet, so it will be more of a walk, but that's okay. Eating is pretty on point so far today, and even though I'm going to the bar tonight they have a salad I really like and if I drive I won't drink more than 2 beers. Calories will be in the green.

Oh I got an accountability buddy. We'll do weekly weigh ins and keep each other motivated. At least that is the hope.

JFT Wednesday
    - Work stuff
    - Eat breakfast
    - Talk to accountability partner
    - Eat lunch
    - Log food
    - Train new process owners
    - Leave work by 5:00
    - Do a 5k wog
    - Go to trivia
    - home by 10:00
    - bed by 10:30
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 5/24/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/18)
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
    Now in shared file:

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    🦋🐞💎 MAY 2023 💎🐞🦋
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    May focus: regaining fitness after op.
    Little by little!!!
    📍Focus: improve fitness level.
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits

Improve fitness level.
    I am gradually increasing the intensity of my formal exercise

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋

Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

🫶 Terri

• more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 5/24/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts today. Can have sugarfree or no sugar added. ✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today.✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/18)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 5/25✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 5/23) (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 5/15)✔️Didn't eat today.

Hour commitment - After my yogurt, I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 5/25/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No desserts today. Can have sugarfree or no sugar added.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/24)
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/24). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 5/15)[/color]
    11) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.
    Now in shared file:

• emgracewrites
    Options
    JFT 5/23
    - log all food
    - 40 oz of water
    - Wash dishes
    - Laundry
    - Pack for vacation

Yeah, none of these happened today. Vacation might not happen either. Spent most of the afternoon with extreme stomach pain. Managed half a slice of plain toast for dinner and even that is making my belly feel very unsettled. I’ve prayed so many times to not be in pain, but I guess God has a different plan for me. I just wish I knew what it was and how this suffering factors into it.
  • oceanblue83
    oceanblue83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had done this many years back and felt like it worked. Searched MFP and was happy to find this still going strong.

JFT 25 May 2023:
    1. Do 27 Surya namaskar
    2. Do Yoga nidhra meditation just before going to bed
    3. Study 5 pages from my core java book
    4. Complete my career episodes