Women 200lb+, Let's Have a Magical May!!!

Options

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Saturday weigh day!
    Christina
    34 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW (Feb 2022): 200.4
    UGW: 150

SW 5/1: 174.4
    5/6: vacation's all I ever wanted
    5/13: 172.2 (172.8 average)

💜 May Goals! 💜

💜 May GW (average): 172.5

🟣Stick to weight loss calories at least 5 days a week ❌
    🟣Log everything in grams ❌
    🟣Do at least three fitness classes a week ✅
    🟣More than 80g protein every day ❌
    🟣No doomscrolling after 7PM each night ✅
    🟣At least 64oz of water a day ✅

Been a little out of control this week, not really logging my food except for very loosely, guesstimating. I guess I've been doing a decent job guesstimating, I eat the same things all the time, and that's one of the perks. Still, I should get back to logging-logging, before this starts to bite me in the butt.

It's very possible I might make or even exceed my goal this month!

Today is poles and the booty class again! Then dinner will be a hash with cabbage and bok choy from the garden. The house is still pretty clean from Wednesday, so I just have to catch up on a little bit of laundry and keep it clean.

At the gym on Thursday, we ended class saying things that inspired us about other people in class, and I was one of the first people that someone mentioned. :heart: again and again, I love my gym.

I think I'm playing video games with some friends tonight, that will be good.

Look at the big beautiful plant I got on my trip! It's a dragon tail philodendron.
    lz6aafnpdodu.png

Time! For! Tags!

@pamperedlinny YAY for good lab results! 🙌 and resistance training is so good for you, I'm happy for you that you have found you like it. Lego night sounds so great!

@ojade9800 welcome back! Your plan sounds solid, it will give you slow and steady progress, I love it! And like I said, at above 1900 cal a day, your progress will be slower, and that's fine, as long as you keep that in mind and log accurately to ensure you're not accidentally going over. AND when you first start a fitness regimen, your body holds onto more water to repair muscles you're not used to using. :blush:

@sargemarcori I also got the email and stressed how much the forums meant to me (they're all I use on MFP anymore, lol). If they take this away from us, we should make a discord group or something.

@coffeeandtruecrime oh man, that salmon/avocado/rice thing sounds so good! It's great that you made your favorite meal work for you! I can't believe people who 1) unsolicited talk about weight loss, I could never, lol, and 2) assume you're doing it for pregnancy???? like the GALL, you know?

@badnoodle your naked turkey burger looks so good! :yum: I feel you on terrible children's meals. I would 100% want a like, half-portion size at restaurants I know have big portions. Congratulations about your A1c!

@kelliward1 CONGRATULATIONS LOOK AT THAT BIG TROPHY OMG

@bonniemcc4 getting out for a walk, not impulsively eating sweets, taking care of your medical stuff, those are all great things, you are doing really great.

@mdmcmillon :lol: I love how you just thought we weren't a chatty bunch this month, when you were in the april chat, sounds just like something I would do. :lol:

Have a great Saturday, everyone!
    weight.png

• GemmaCampbell2019
    GemmaCampbell2019 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Hope nobody minds me joining this group you all have going. Have read everyone’s posts for May so far and you are all doing so incredibly well! Lovely to read about your daily lives and your achievements/hiccups; makes me feel comfortable already! Without further ado, a little info about me :)

Gemma
    30 years old
    5'4"

SW: 200lbs
    GW: 160lbs

🎉 May Goals 🎉

🦶🏼7,500 steps a day
    🍛 Log calories into MFP
    🏊🏼‍♀️ Swim twice a week for 30 minutes

I’m an accountant and work 40 hours a week in the office. I have two children aged 8 and 10, a partner and our family dog. I’m desperate to get back out and enjoy family hikes like we used to a few years ago. Hiking 10+ miles in all weather was our thing and the memories we made from it were awesome but sadly life happens as it does and we haven’t been out on any decent walks other than our local 45 minute route for the dog for a long time.

I recently joined a gym which has both a swimming pool, a huge gym and a ton of classes. Tried a few group classes but I didn’t like any of them. I couldn’t keep up and a lot of the moves everyone performed I couldn’t do which is always the biggest factor that contributes towards me throwing in the towel. I have Scoliosis and Erbs Palsy which makes a lot of workout moves incredibly difficult for me to try to perform. Not giving up though! I find that modifying things and sticking to the moves I can do correctly help.

I am a foodie through and through and this is my huge issue. I snack relentlessly on an evening and don’t share much interest for eating the salad dishes as they are so bland and uninteresting. I’ve tried the whole chicken and rice thing but I soon get bored so again I fall off the wagon relatively quickly. I have never been one for tracking calories as i am so busy with everything I struggle to find the motivation to stand and weigh everything etc.

Definitely starting from the bottom and hopefully I’ll be able to work my way up with mini achievements :)

Have a good day everyone!
    Gemma x

• ojade9800
    ojade9800 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Afternoon everyone!

I had a busy morning at work but finally got a chance to catch up!

SW: 124.4KG (274LBS)
    GW: 75KG (165LBS)
    CW: 120.6 (265.8LBS)

As of today's weigh in, I'm 3.9KG (8.5LBS) down 😁

I will say when I got on the scale today I was shocked, I hadn't expected to be down so low. I can see some slight changes body wise but not much of a difference. I think it's about time to start with pictures and keep going.

I'm sticking with the same goals for now!

Getting more active, cycling and walking.
    Drinking more water (unsuccessful so far haha)
    Keep mind of what and how much I'm eating.

At some point I need to go shopping because my trousers are starting to fall down now. But thank you for reading!

@CupcakeCrusoe I needed to be reminded of all of that! Thank you! I know it'll go slower but for now at least I need to stick with 1900 and maybe cut in a month or so. I started off 2 years back on mfp at a lower count and I had a 16 day streak and binged 😅 I'm keeping a different mentality. Also your plant is stunning!!

@GemmaCampbell2019 welcome to the group! I think it's safe to safe we've all fallen off the wagon at some point or another. It's all about how you get back on. I'm the same food wise, I was snacking so much, what I found helped for me was substitutes or even if you eat the "bad" foods, keep in mind how much youre eating. Im on 1900 and still have the odd choccy bar 🤣 modifying your exercises is the best thing to do until you feel you're able to do it. Hopefully you'll be back up hiking with your family soon enough!
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    SW: 288.8 (February 2022)
    CW: 211.2

5/1- 211.2
    5/8- 212.8 (+1.6)
    5/15- 211.6 (-1.2)
    5/22-
    5/29-

Goals for May:
    ⬇️ lose 2-3 pounds
    💪 do PT exercises 3 times a week
    📚 read 3+ books
    📖 keep up with daily Bible reading
    🚶‍♀️ continue taking small walks outside

I haven’t been keeping up with my PT exercises like I should. I did get another small walk outside on Friday though, even with a light rain. I’m glad I went.
  • coffeeandtruecrime
    coffeeandtruecrime Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    SW 284
    CW 249
    GW 150

I lost 19lbs from the last time I weigh in, so I feel really good about that, so it's a total of 35lbs all together.

Goals for this month
    • Work out most days (successful so far)
    • Eat more veggies (successful so far)
    • Continue my tarot study, and keeping doing my daily pulls with both decks. Start my lenormand study, and keep reading my oracle cards. (not successful so far)
    • Draw and write a fanfiction for my friend for her birthday (finished this :D)

@pamperedlinny Thanks. Yeah, the scale can be really upsetting for me so I feel that it's better not to fixate on it too much. I can understand that, someone told me that losing weight did come with body dysmorphia, especially if there was more to lose since we aren't use to seeing our bodies that way.

@CupcakeCrusoe I think what bothers me most is that most of them comments come from people who just assume that I would change my mind on being childfree like that. Like I'm not even in a relationship, I'm very single no mingle. I love that dragon tail philodendron you got!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,554 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!

I went MIA for a few days but I’m back. I had a couple “eat what you want” days that included a night out with friends, annual mother daughter tea event, potluck movie night, mother’s day, and finally getting to actually celebrate some mother’s day yesterday (my mother’s day didn’t go very well). I’m trying to be back in the saddle today. Coming back after a few days “off” is always so hard!

I have my doctor appt in about an hour. I’m actually really excited. My A1C is down to 5.4 and my weight is about 30 lbs less than when I was there 6 months ago. From my glance through the other lab results I think almost everything is “normal” and anything else isn’t really big deal stuff. I’m happy to not dread going to the doctor like I used to do. Having a good doctor who listens makes me want to work harder instead of feeling like I’m preparing for battle. Soooo happy I found a new doctor last year.

@CupcakeCrusoe I love your plant!

@GemmaCampbell2019 Welcome!!!! I love my Zumba class at the gym. I am very intimidated by a lot of the other group classes but have tried a few. I love trying them but often don’t return if I can’t easily modify the moves. Gyms with pools are the best! I don’t use the pool at my gym often enough. My husband doesn’t track calories and is down about 30 lbs this year. He keeps it to a shake for breakfast, veggies/pistachios/apples for lunch, then eats whatever I cook for dinner. If I don’t cook then he makes a salad. He said he can’t make himself track calories as it would drive him crazy. Instead he eats really light until one bigger meal a day. If tracking every bite is an issue, maybe something more in those lines could help. Also, if he needs an evening snack sometimes he’ll make another shake or find another lighter option.

@ojade9800 Congrats on the loss!!!!

@coffeeandtruecrime Great job on the loss!!!!
  • sandramarshall200
    sandramarshall200 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I so love reading everyone’s lives. Very pleased for your test results @pamperedlinny . You are an absolute star. I like your husbands approach too. That is my style , but Im trying to be more precise. My weight seems to be going up and down this week, not sure why. I’ve been keeping within my limits mainly. I have started counting exercise calories because I am doing a lot of swimming and a lot of gardening, but don’t eat back more than half. I went to the pool today without my swimsuit, wasn’t going to waste the session so I bought one there. I got a size 16 (US 12), and it’s actually a bit loose. I am so thrilled.
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I finally, finally got to take out the kayak for a nice 4 mile run last week. I live near a lock-controlled river, so there's very little current. You work going up and you work coming back. But it did precipitate a bit of a disaster: I store the kayak on an overhead lift system in the garage, and I didn't quite get it lifted all the way when I put it back. So when I went to take out my my motorcycle on Sunday, I smacked the bottom of the 'yak with my helmet hard enough that one end came off the hooks and fell. Knocked me and the bike over onto the front end of my car. So I wound up with a dented kayak, a busted motorcycle mirror, a scratched-up bumper, a cracked helmet visor, and some rather spectacular bruises from being the oreo filling in the middle of my own three-vehicle pileup. It's kind of kept me from doing a lot of exercise the past few days. But I wound up teaching online this summer at the last minute, so I needed to do quite a bit of desk work anyway. Silver lining and all that.

Two new recipes this week:

Cooking Light's Pork Medallions with Magic Green Sauce from "Cooking that Counts". (with added zucchini and air-fryer broccoli). About 560 calories because I had two pork chops. I quite like the Cooking Light books, because they try to provide suggestions for a complete meal instead of just one dish.

8xb0s1hllm2m.jpg

Feel Good Foodie's Lebanese Fattoush salad with Good Bean crispy chickpeas instead of pita chips, which probably makes it not actually fattoush. The lemon, sumac, and pomegranate molasses vinaigrette on this was amazing and I will absolutely make it again. About 425 for the whole bowl, I could only eat half.

4pqgy7an4js5.jpg

And a final: leftover magic sauce, leftover fattoush, air fryer baby carrots and a smoked chicken quarter. It was just so pretty! 500 calories for the plate if you don't eat the chicken skin.
    4dkqk0nk5r92.jpg

SW: 271.4
    CW: 221.4 (-7.6 for May)
    GW: 150ish

Goals:
    get 7,000 steps a day: 8/16, with somewhat mitigating circumstances
    get all 25 g of fiber a day: 13/16 👍
    stretch goal: get 9000 steps a day: 3/16
    stretch goal: get 85g of protein a day: 8/16.

@CupcakeCrusoe That philo looks gorgeous! May it not be a sulking drama queen of a houseplant.

@GemmaCampbell2019 Salads can get really repetitive. If you're just using them as bulk to fill yourself up, there's not much incentive to eat them, is there? You might try stir fries or sheet pan veggie roasts instead. If you're just trying to get more leafy greens into your diet, green smoothies might be your speed. I try to make a big variety of dressings and always mix up the toppings. Something crunchy, something cheesy, something sweet. I also get bored with repetitive meals and leftovers. So I bought myself several new cookbooks and started following some new food blogs when I decided to take a new diet seriously. I rarely follow any recipe exactly, but I wanted to build a general repertoire of meals that I would enjoy long-term in a little-d diet while going through the restrictiveness of a Weight Loss Diet.

@coffeeandtruecrime That's a wonderful loss, great job!

• crystallynnlu
    crystallynnlu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Made it to Day 99 from rejoining with this new account (forgot old email I used for one I had long time ago)
    I hope weather gets better to do more and my mood!
  • onhaltn
    onhaltn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    SW (Nov 2022): 272
    CW (May 18, 2023): 205.1
    Accomplishments- gone from super obese to morbidly obese to severely obese since November
    Walking better, going to gym daily, oriented diet toward unprocessed foods, low fat and starch, heavy in veggies, fruit, yogurt, fish
    Immediate goal: one-derland by June 6 (my 65th birthday)
    Next goals:
    180: obese, not severely obese
    165 (overweight, no longer obese)
    140: no longer overweight
    130: ideal weight

May has a lot of travel for work, so much harder to control food intake or get to familiar gym, so challenge is to find workarounds and stay on track. Plan is to stay places with lap pool for exercise, and pack low cal snacks (I’m a fiend for baby carrots and mini-cheeses) so restaurant meals can be kept as light as possible.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

172.2 today, which is great, because I've had a spike lately because of lax logging.

I've been locked out of mfp at work, so my updates will necessarily be more sporadic, which stinks.

I've got a sore throat and some body aches today, so I'm taking a sick day, and I refuse to feel bad about it. Could I have stuck it out at work? Sure. Would I have made myself worse doing that? Maybe.

I also pled out of the gym today to give myself extra rest, because I've got a going away party for a gym friend I'm going to tomorrow at a line dance bar nearby.

I'm doing a lot of knitting, and catching up on some reading- currently Real Self Care, by Pooja Lakshimin.

z81mwvaacezd.png
    Finished the yoke of my latest sweater.

Tag party time!
    @GemmaCampbell2019 I love the idea of a family hike! And I'm sorry to hear your gym classes didn't work out- I hate classes that don't offer modifications, gives me a yuck feeling myself.

@ojade9800 no better indicator than the pants falling down! :lol:

@bonniemcc4 you're doing great. Nothing quite like a nice walk outside, even in the rain.

@coffeeandtruecrime you're doing amazing! Also, I'm trying to do a daily tarot pull myself, and I find certain cards following me :open_mouth:

@pamperedlinny I LOVE TO HEAR that you're excited about your doctor's appointment. That's absolutely the way it should be. :smiley:

@sandramarshall200 I also have a swimsuit that's close to falling off, gotta remedy that, as it's a two-piece, haha.

@badnoodle so when should I come over for dinner, all your food always looks so good! :yum: my dragon tail is so far being very unassuming and nice to me.

@crystallynnlu welcome!

@onhaltn your idea of never being too hungry while traveling is a great one.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,554 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

I’ve been having some accountability issues here this month. Like I feel lazy so I don’t want to even acknowledge it in the community boards. I’ve still had at least 5000, usually over 8000, steps in a day. I’m still tracking, although I’ve been logging after I eat rather than before which leads to my over indulgence. So I’m not completely gone. I think it’s just the final month of school and all that goes with that is keeping me a bit more scattered than I want to admit.

One of the busy things though was taking my daughter to the Reading All Stars baseball game. The kids got a hat, free book, and paraded around the field at the minor league baseball game yesterday. At least if I’m going to be busy it will be because I’m spending time with family and friends and not just running myself ragged on work. I’m having fun… just tired and need a break eventually. Hoping after my parents visit in a couple weeks and with school being out I’ll be able to have a few days without running anywhere at all.
    k928rvi17jkm.jpg

@badnoodle All your food photos look so good! I’m sorry about the three car pileup.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    @pamperedlinny What a great picture! You may think you feel lazy, but it sounds to me like feeling overwhelmed is more accurate. Your awareness of food intake and movement will keep you from being «totally gone », so no worries 😌 Busy times have their ebb and flow, so take care of yourself while you’re taking care of everything else.
  • serenecompassion2663
    serenecompassion2663 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Andi here.
    I’ve been out of commission for awhile due to a bad tooth, which was pulled last Monday, and, of course, I want it healed yesterday, and that’s not how it works. Struggling with eating at all due to headaches from the tooth being pulled; I’m out of my Ozempic so I need to go to the pharmacy today.

My body seems to have finally adjusted to the Ozempic. I’m no longer ill, and I’ve lost 3.6 pounds this month. I have a session with Laurel at the Bariatric Institute next week, so we will discuss whether I want to increase the dose or continue on my current pace.

Goals for the next month:
    🔹Drink a minimum of 60 oz water daily (I know this is low, but I have to get off soda, and I have to start with baby steps)
    🔹Convenience Store Challenge: For 30 days, do not go into either the gas station next door, or the Family Dollar across the street. I spend way too much money on junk food. And my food budget is solely my food stamps. If I can stay out of these two stores, and realize I have to take a bus to go get a snack, I will accomplish two huge things: save money, and curb my binge eating.
    🔹Walk in the River current at the Kroc Center for 20 minutes twice a week.
    🔹Walk 30 minutes 5 days a week

SW: 235
    CW: 220.6
    GW: 150

I also have a new friend in the house. Ladies, meet Rumpleteazer.
    wi59nx9hv9se.jpeg
    euo49lhjebrd.jpeg
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    SW: 288.8 (February 2022)
    CW: 211.2

5/1- 211.2
    5/8- 212.8 (+1.6)
    5/15- 211.6 (-1.2)
    5/22- 212.4 (+0.8)
    5/29-

Goals for May:
    ⬇️ lose 2-3 pounds
    💪 do PT exercises 3 times a week
    📚 read 3+ books
    📖 keep up with daily Bible reading
    🚶‍♀️ continue taking small walks outside

Another gain 😕 hoping I can end the month with a loss next week. I’ve read 3 books so far and am staying caught up with Bible reading. I haven’t been doing PT exercises 3x a week but I think I’ve done it at least twice a week. I also got out for a short walk on Friday like I’ve been doing lately.
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi all you wonderful women! I haven't logged in awhile. Trying to get my head in a good place. I miss my husband and am tired from doing everything. I have lost 'some' weight in past 6 months but have stalled. It's hard at 72, to do.
    My Fitbit broke. Any suggestions on a new one? But still need to get back to logging my food. Both knees are not good, so am on meds to help. The dr said I'm too high risk for surgery due to BMI. So trying hard to get motivated. Anyway, I'm going to read thru the posts. I see some familiar names! 😊💕
  • frhaberl
    frhaberl Posts: 145 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hi all. I'm following through on a goal to reach out and build new "tribes". It's part of my "Healthier Me in '23" initiative.

My name is Felicia and here are my stats:
    SW: 228 (04 April)
    CW: 213
    GW: 155
    Married with 2 bio and 2 bonus children (ages 16-24) and 2 fur babies (ages 4 and 10)

I used MyFitnessPal way back in 2004 to lose 80lbs and community was key for making it through the long haul of that much weight loss.

My current goals are:
    • Lose an average of 1 lb/week
    • Find fun ways to incorporate more walking (Currently doing a virtual Lord of the Rings walking challenge)
    • Get back to a weight and fitness level where I can set some race goals
    • Take care of the physical maintenance stuff that shame has made me procrastinate on (doing a lab work blood draw tomorrow morning but still procrastinating on getting the mammogram and colonoscopy scheduled).
    • Learn to focus on building health (not just physical) rather than losing weight
    • Find some resistance band strength training vidoes/guides. I don't need them for the PT I was doing for my rotator cuff anymore (Yay!)

I look forward to reading more of the posts here and getting to know you.
  • serenecompassion2663
    serenecompassion2663 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @finngirl61 : so happy to see you!! Are you able to get into a pool? Ian 53 and have arthritis. I find simply walking in the pool gives me a workout, but is easier on my knees and back.

@frhaberl : welcome!! Our community is Sooo supportive! I am also trying to shift from “weight loss” to “balancing health.” We can do this together!!!😊

Andi in Illinois.
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    SW: 271.4
    CW: 220.4 (-8.6 for May)
    GW: 150ish

Goals:
    get 7,000 steps a day: 13/24, 👎
    get all 25 g of fiber a day: 19/23 👍
    stretch goal: get 9000 steps a day: 7/24
    stretch goal: get 85g of protein a day: 13/23. 👍

This week has been really great for me. On the scale victory front, I finally cracked the big 5-0 of fifty pounds gone. It doesn't seem quite real. I have been wearing different clothes, but it hasn't been until the past week or so that I can sort of see it in my face and neck. I celebrated by dyeing my hair purple, but the box dye just did not take, and instead of purple, I have a sort of burgundy with gingery highlights. I'm going to try again with a different brand before slinking into the salon and paying a lot of money to have impossibly hip stylists fix my mess.

On the non-scale victory, I went for a walk on the rail trail this afternoon. I was only planning to walk, but I've got the good sports bra on and listening to thrash metal on my ear buds, and I wonder if I could jog a whole 1/4 mile.

And I did! Then I walked for a while, and I did it again. And walked for somewhat longer, and did it one more time, though much, much more slowly. Honestly, that last one might have been overdoing it a bit because my ankles were staging a mutiny by the time I got back to the car.

I haven't run/jogged for more than, oh, 100' in years. While I can't call it pleasant, I'm chuffed to know that I can. Now I just need to build up some stamina, and possibly acquire more appropriate shoes.

And some new recipes:

"Fast Chicken Cacciatore" from Cooking That Counts, with broiled zucchini and a serving of my mother-in-law's Texas Caviar salad (with sugar substitute, less oil, and mixed beans since I could not find black-eyed peas in the store) 531 calories, super filing, not terribly attractive. It took me way longer than 15 minutes to prep this because there's a lot of chopping, but it turned out delicious.
    9bnjj234o59m.jpg

Plantain Pancakes, from "Instant Weight Loss on a Budget" by Brittany Williams. 185 cal as pictured.
    The picture does not reflect the actual recipe. Following the recipe, I got a runny glop that somehow stuck like glue to a month-old nonstick skillet, and tasted like musty banana omelette. It was horrible.
    But I doctored the goop with some oat fiber, wheat flour, and baking powder to produce a batter that just held together. It still didn't taste great, and the macros were not good. I'd rather have one real pancake.
    b0s0wzincy0o.jpg

"Caprese Chicken" from Delish.com, and Alton Brown's magical microwave Steamed Asparagus with broiled zucchini and watermelon. ~500cal
    Remarkably easy one-pan dish. (Well, one pan and some wet paper towels). My Aldi had small tubs of marinated ciliegini mozzarella on clearance, and Kroger had big packs of basil on sale, so this was a no-brainer. I will say that the dominant flavor is the balsamic vinegar, which is totally OK with me. It's not too sour after reduction, but it's definitely a flavor bomb.
    I would not have believed that raw asparagus, a wet paper towel, and 3:30 in the microwave would give perfect asparagus, but I'll never steam them in a pot again. Damn that Alton Brown!
    9ipamp6hjkdi.jpg

Tag party:

@CupcakeCrusoe That's a lovely pattern. Is that a sweater in the round, or am I misinterpreting the scale? I love the color choices: vibrant, but not so bright and saturated that they are eye-watering.

@pamperedlinny 5000 steps is still above Sedentary, but I think it's more important that you are spending time with your family. There's the old adage that on their deathbed, nobody regrets spending less time at work, but they do regret less time with family. I bet that applies to working out, too. It's important to be healthy, but it should become a part-time job.

@serenecompassion2663 Good to hear that the Oz is not giving you so many bad side effects, and the new kitten looks like a ball of trouble (in a good way). I realize this is coming from a place of privilege, but would it help you to buy *some* treats/junk when you do your main food shop, and then ration them? That way instead of focusing on the "I can't have (craving)", you have something on hand that you can have. Most people's brains do better with positive encouragement than negative. That being said, telling myself I can have an apple when I really want cheese is totally ineffective at dissuading me from still wanting cheese after I eat the apple, so your mileage may vary.

@frhaberl Oooh, I feel you on the, ahem, deferred maintenance. Isn't it weird how the hardest part is often just picking up the phone? Once the appointment is made, going through with it is so much easier.