Women 200lb+, Let's Have a Magical May!!!

Options
💜 Hello, ladies! We've made it to May!!!

💜One more month until summer! What are your plans for the rest of spring? Will you be trying anything new this month? Or is it back to the tried and true methods that have been working for you so far this year?

💜Is there anything you're looking forward to this May? And what are your summer plans looking like?

💜 What is one thing you'd like to remind yourself (and others) not to worry about or stress over this month?

🟣If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM!, you're one of us.

🟣In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

🟣All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you.

🟣Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

💜Let's show the world the magical, marvelous, and majestic women we are this month and every month!!!💜

Replies

• joanuna
    joanuna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Gm,
    You seem to have a great plan in place and no doubt you will crush it this week. I myself will be starting keto and see how that will workout for me. Good luck and remember we got this!!!!
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    SW: 288.8 (February 2022)
    CW: 211.2

5/1- 211.2
    5/8-
    5/15-
    5/22-
    5/29-

Goals for May:
    ⬇️ lose 2-3 pounds
    💪 do PT exercises 3 times a week
    📚 read 3+ books
    📖 keep up with daily Bible reading
    🚶‍♀️ continue taking small walks outside

Sorry I disappeared most of April. I hurt my hand at the beginning of the month (it’s still healing) and later my stepdad went into the hospital for another stroke. It’s been stressful and also reminds us of when our mom was sick at the end of her life so it’s been an emotional roller coaster. He’s now in a rehabilitation center and will probably be there for about a month.

I did get out for one walk last week so I’m looking forward to getting out for more this month. Hopefully there will be good opportunities.

I’ve also let myself impulsively eat sugary treats (in small amounts) due to the stress and I want to work on improving my responses this month. I did log them when it happened after reminding myself I was only lying to myself if I didn’t.
  • mdmcmillon
    mdmcmillon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone; I am late posting.
    Hopefully, May will be my month. I have been either yo-yo-ing or staying the same. I went back to my nutritionist notes and decided to stick to them, and so my may goals are as follows:
    Keep my calorie intake to 1000 -1100. Protein is 80-90, Carbs is 100-120, and fat grams is 30- 40.
    I will drink 64 to 80 ounces daily and work out 4-5 days a week. I will have a lending library before the church to declutter my bookshelves and promote reading. As for my mother-in-law, I will let my husband decide who he wants to vacation with. I need to lose this weight, so I don't care if I stay. My therapist says to stay away from the negative.

I want to lose anything this month, and I will celebrate it.
    CW- 252.2

@roz0810 - I jumped into this group at the end of April to this group. I love your energy. I say, Let's crush it!

@CupcakeCrusoe - I love your goals for this month. I know you can do it! I hate to go over when I go out. To me, it has to be worth it. It sounds like it was. I feel that we need our tastebuds to dance every once in a while. Glad you had a wonderful dinner out.

@joanuna- Hello, I am Monique. On Instagram, they have some fantastic keto ideas. I discovered the La Banderita carb counter tortillas have zero carbs, the small tortillas 20 calls each, and the medium ones are 45. I use them for wraps.

@KellyWard01 - Congratulations on your weight loss. I love your journal and what it says. I remember when I lost 75 pounds on Jenny Craig. I gained it back cause I lost the weight to keep my then-boyfriend. I was so proud of myself until he replied that he didn't have 75 pounds to lose. What a selfish jerk he was. I am married to a good man now. Who is positive and encouraging. I now want to lose this weight for me. I am putting those words in my journal book.

@sargemarcori - I do not know your meds since I am new here. Please let the doctor know you are sleepy most of the time. Otherwise, it sounds like you got this.

@badnoodle- 11 pounds down in April! Great Job! It looks like you are a culinary artist. Your food looks delicious!

@serenecompassion2663- It is funny how our food intake is so small compared to before—great goals for May. I need to add pool time as well.

@sandramarshall200 - You are doing great! Listening to you all, I want to get back in the pool too. I love to swim and do water aerobics. So I will add that to my goal.
    @bonniemcc4 - You and your dad are in my prayers. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I had hand surgery at the beginning of April, so I know how hard that is. So, I wish you a speedy recovery.

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,362 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

173 point something this morning, my scale automatically puts the weights in my tracking app, so I don't pay as much attention sometimes.

Gym last night was fine, I left before the second class started because shark week was just too much. It was a good decision- I took a long hot shower, did my skincare for once, and went to bed on time, and that felt good.

Tonight, I get the babies home and we chill there. I should probably pack. But I could put it off a little longer if I want. I've got pork ribs in the crock pot with bulgogi type sauce (soy, rice vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil), and so dinner will be easy- I'll make cauliflower and normal rice, and I'll make a slaw out of some cabbage from the garden.

I wanted chocolate this morning along with my apple I ate with my coffee, but by distracting myself until it was time to leave, I managed to avoid it (until later, when I probably will have it).

Tag party time:
    @joanuna welcome! keto really works for some people, so I hope it works for you, too!

@kelliward1 I love a specialty planner! I hope your doctor's appointment goes the way you want it to go. I'm on BP meds myself and my BP is well controlled with the meds, I've accepted that I may be on them forever, but that's better than high BP doing damage to my body just to be off the meds, you know? We'll see.

@sargemarcori seeing you here is good- you'll get back in there in time. Just checking in makes a difference, it really does. :heart:

@badnoodle I should really keep lemons around my house- the addition of the lemon slice to your dinner makes it look so fancy! And lemon and seafood, muah. :yum:

@serenecompassion2663 I'm glad you're listening to your body.

@sandramarshall200 I love all your goals- they span all aspects of a good life- good sleep, good activity, getting outside, all of it. I love it.

@bonniemcc4 take good care of yourself during this time, too. I'm thinking of you and your family, and I'm happy to see you here.

@mdmcmillon 80-90 g protein and 1000-1100 cal is hard to do, so if you find yourself needing more calories to hit your protein goal, that's okay. Especially when you're active, protein is important for muscle retention, which we all want to look better naked at goal weight :lol:

Have a great day, everyone! ps @pamperedlinny how's it going? :smiley:
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Linda
    5’7”
    40 years old
    SW: 300 lb
    GW: 180 lb
    (though I would love to hit 160 lb I’m not really planning to make that a goal… if I ever see it I’ll just have myself a little party)
    May GW: 188 lb
    Lowest Weigh In Was April 8: 191.6 lb

Good morning all and Happy May!!!

I have another busy week. I don’t know why I always tell myself next week will be easier and then I’m just as busy. Maybe one day I’ll start saying no to the events, outings, helping with things, and just breathe. Then again, half the things on my schedule aren’t even mine. Maybe I need to start saying no to my daughter’s activities one day too? Who am I kidding???? We all know I’m not good with saying no. Instead we go to all the things and I just complain I’m tired.

Tonight I have the last ladies’ bible study for this book. Then we probably won’t do another one until the fall. That means, I won’t have to worry about what is for dinner every 2 weeks when I go church. I still have zero clue what we’re eating tonight. When I was out of shape and not tracking that was the fun part. At this point, especially after a month of not losing anything at all, I kind of wish I had a heads up. Thursday my office is having an after hours party at a local restaurant. Free food. Two drink tickets. You bring your plus one…. My introvert husband is staying home and my “date” is my best friend. LOL. Then Saturday, I think we’re going to have a family day out. Take a day trip somewhere and just be together. Maybe poke through some shops and go more than an hour outside where we live.

Additionally, shark week should start any time now. With the events and that coming I’m not planning to see a massive loss over the next few days. And that’s ok. I just don’t want to see it go up and I’d like to see some downward momentum over this month in general.

💜One more month until summer! What are your plans for the rest of spring? Will you be trying anything new this month? Or is it back to the tried and true methods that have been working for you so far this year?

No real plans for the rest of this month other than surviving the last month of school. My daughter has Teacher Appreciation Week this week, Awards later in the month, and other assorted events. Plus we all have a variety of doctor appoints this month. A lot of busy to get through.
    I’m back being on plan, or I hope so anyway. I didn’t lose a single pound throughout April. I also didn’t gain anything. I’m literally at the same weight today that I was on April 1 and my low in April was only about a ½ lb below where I’m at now. However, I’m taking that as a win. I had a rough month and a lot of “bad” eating days but I still averaged maintenance. The highest weight I hit all month was only up 4 lbs and that was the morning after those rough eating days or higher exercise days. Salt and water retention mostly.

💜Is there anything you're looking forward to this May? And what are your summer plans looking like?

My parents will be back the first week of June. As long as they don’t bring up getting a puppy and don’t start any drama about the things we do differently, it will be ok. I’m trying not to stress like I did when they came in April. It was a good part of what messed up my eating so much was all the stress. We shall see.

We also have a shorter summer this year. The school district decided to change the school start date in August. They have testing and reviews due up the chain and the teachers aren’t always covering everything by December when those go through because they were starting later in the year. Unfortunately, that means the kids will go back around August 1 or 2 this year, I think.

At the moment, we have our usual crazy schedules and I am going to be helping at the Alzheimer Bike Ride that goes from Simpsonville, SC all the way to Charleston, SC over the course of 3 days. I’m NOT riding in that but have friends that will be. I’ll be support. Driving, helping as needed with other volunteers, picking up anyone who can’t finish or is injured on our team. It’s the only trip I have planned through the summer but I know we’re going to plan a day trip or two for the beach as a family too at some point.

💜 What is one thing you'd like to remind yourself (and others) not to worry about or stress over this month?

Don’t stress every bad day or decision. Don’t stress every gathering. I’m guilty of this and started making a plan instead of stressing. If we’re having dinner at church, I just eat light all day and do my best while I’m there. If it’s a party, I’ll bring a veggie tray, fruit dessert or tray, or even make something that is healthier. Take your own water bottle everywhere. The stress over events is so easy to fall into. Since I started making plans and offering to bring things to events the stress for those days is so much better.

@CupcakeCrusoe I hope you have an amazing girls weekend!!!! Your ribs sound amazing. Now I’m craving some of that.

@kelliward1 Congrats on hitting your April goal!!!

@sargemarcori Glad to see you back! Adjusting to a new medication, especially one causing fatigue sounds rough. Being at maintenance while you adjust might be best for a bit. Don’t stress. Just showing up and logging in is a huge part of going in the right direction.

@badnoodle That’s fabulous about the clothes!!! Your meal looks amazing.

@serenecompassion2663 It’s great that you are able to portion and be full, even while it’s weird. My husband and I used to go to all you can eat type events, take a pack of playing cards, and for up to 2 hours alternate eating and playing Rummy. I brought up that I missed our card playing outings and he pointed out that we would never do justice to the amount of food served at those events any longer and we could just play cards at home. Sadly, we never actually play cards when we’re home though. We watch TV, I read a book, we have household chores…. I miss those times but he’s right about paying for food we would never finish eating now.

@bonniemcc4 Welcome back! I’m sorry about your hand and your stepdad! Logging your stress eating and not just ignoring it was a huge step. I’m so proud of you!

@mdmcmillon I love that you have a lending library at church.
  • mdmcmillon
    mdmcmillon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hit most of my goals yesterday, which showed on the scale.
    5/1-252.2
    5/2- 248.2
    Down 4 pounds, I will continue the plan and see what happens. I want to get out of the '40s. I didn't do step aerobics till 10 pm. I am trying to take care of myself, so it allowed me to shower and do my skincare. I am just at the point where I do not have to use foundation. I am using the gold bond to help with the beginning of hanging skin on my neck.

@CupcakeCrusoe - I hate packing. I always pack too much. Dinner sounds amazing. We are going out tonight, and I just told myself no cheating. I even thought about not going to keep on track. I better go cause it is with our church group that will return home in June. Our Service Adventure group took a gap year before college to help the community. One person is from Missouri; one is from
    Pennsylvania and the last is from Germany. So I will go. This will be our last group. Due to COVID, our volunteers have dwindled. So we are selling our other house after this group is done. This will help with our NYU bill for our son. Do you guys ever share recipes? Your crockpot one sounds delicious.

@pamperedinny- Wow, you are busy. I remember those years when I had to think about teacher gifts. I was in charge of the reading awards. I would spend money out of my pocket to get the trophies, medals, and gift cards for the top 3 readers in each grade based on the AR points. My husband was the PTA president. With kids, you barely have time for yourself. So you need to get up earlier and make that your time or carve time out between activities. When we lived in Chicago, our friends sat with us to work out a carpool. So my husband took the kids to school every morning, and Steve did pick them up on Tuesdays and Thursdays. He kept the kids until 6:30 and fed them. I picked up on Mondays and Wednesdays, took the girls to ballet, fed them, and Laura had the girls on Friday. So Thursdays were my day to scrapbook, get my hair done, and exercise. Then when we had to move to Mississippi, we did the coop thing again. Maybe you can try it with the parents of your child's friends—just a suggestion.

@Carollee24 - My dad had a heart attack and immediately lost 75 pounds (for men, it drops fast). The doctor told him he would die if he didn't lose the weight. So he did it. He did the low-carb, no-salt thing.
    It sounds like you are doing a great job at managing your lifestyle change. I know this is a scary time, and I will pray for you.

I wish you all a wonderful day. It is time to get my laundry going.:)
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm here, and less sleepy. I started this med on Friday, so I'll give it a few more days to see how things go. Once the sleepy wears off (if it does) we'll see if it actually does the job I'm taking it for.

Yesterday a friend got me Panda Express for lunch, and I *still* managed to come in at maintenance. I'm calling that a win.
  • tiffany081889
    tiffany081889 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Happy May! I’m finally getting my butt in gear this month. I’ve started riding my bike to work on the 1st. Today was my second day and I feel pretty good. Not going to lie, my legs were a little wobbly after riding this morning. Hoping tomorrow will be ok. It’s about a 10 minute ride, but I figured every little bit will help.

I am currently at my highest weight at 232.

I’m 5’8” and my goal right now is just to get under 200!!

I was able to get to 150-155 in 2018 and kept it off for awhile until Covid hit. I know what I need to do since I’ve done it, but it just feels so hard this time around. It’s the willpower to do what needs to be done.

So here I am starting over. May is looking good. I am putting myself and my health first and going to stay consistent even when I don’t want to.

Cheers!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Shark week started yesterday. Also, the craving for chips and pretzels got so bad that I didn’t just have a little single serve bag but a bowl full. New day. New start.

Today we are having pasta for dinner. My daughter asked if we can have elbows with marinara sauce so my plan is to steam cut green beans and fill the bottom of my bowl with that, top with a single serving of pasta, 2 appetizer sized meatballs for some protein, and then have the marinara sauce on top. We tend to have a pasta night about once a week so this has become the way my husband and I eat it without killing our respective diet plans.

@mdmcmillon She has a friend’s mom take her to school 2 days a week and my husband drives her in most other days. We use the after school program so that I can pick her up when I get off work. It works pretty well. It’s mostly the fun stuff that keeps us busy. If there is something

@sargemarcori I like to the get the kids meal at Panda Express. You can still get any entrée as the meal but it keeps the portion small. I love it.

@tiffany081889 I love that you’re riding your bike to work! That’s wonderful.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hi! Happy May!
    Rita
    SW: 249
    CW: 234.3 May 3
    May goal: 229
    UG: 160

I will continue solidifying last month's goals. A few were met at 100% but I don't want to lose ground now so I will keep tracking those as well. Making my bed and hanging my robe have become habits so they're becoming almost as automatic as making coffee in the morning. Yay me!!!

May's focus goals are:
    1. Go to bed by 11:00
    2. No food after 9 but know that exceptions happen (like when I eat supper at 3:30 and go to a ballgame or program and don't get home until after 9. Then I gotta eat something!!! Will have to plan to keep it healthy!
    3. Work out every day. Even 10 minutes counts. I've started using my stopwatch to keep track of how many minutes I get in a day. That way if I do a stretch session in the morning and a weights workout in the afternoon I can just add on throughout the day to get a total minutes count. First week I'll get a baseline, then add more minutes until it's consistently 60 minutes/day of some kind of activity.
    4. Fill my water bottle at night and put in frig. Then empty it throughout the day. Right now, that's harder than it sounds, so it's a matter of getting into the habit of drinking even when I'm not thirsty.
    5. Journal
  • sandramarshall200
    sandramarshall200 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You will all think I am so stupid, but please tell me. What is Shark week? I have no idea.
  • kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @sandramarshall200 Shark week is just another way to say someone is on their period.