Desiring To Meet 150lbs Weight-Loss Goal

Options
Flowerzbloom90
Flowerzbloom90 Posts: 4 Member
Good Evening Everyone👋
My name is Shea and I am on a journey to lose 150lbs. I am required to lose 75lbs to have a total hip replacement performed and overall I desire better mobility and quality of life. I am currently 315lbs starting weight and just 6lbs shy of my highest weight of 321lbs. I have struggled with weightloss for the past 8 years and I've had success in the past but did not keep the weight off long term. I look forward to picking up where I've left off and building consistency. I thank you all for sharing your personal stories and I look forward to being of support to others as well as seeking support for myself for a better outcome.

Replies

• cupcakecravings
    cupcakecravings Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I sent you a friend request. My ultimate weight loss goal is to lose about 140lbs, but I'm aiming for the first 70lbs by the end of the year.

We can do this! :)
  • KarmaD9102
    KarmaD9102 Posts: 14 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @Flowerzbloom90 Looking to lose 100lbs for now. With 50lb loss by the new year. Let me know the plan and we can finish the rest of the year together on this journey.
  • Flowerzbloom90
    Options
    @KarmaD9102 and @cupcakecravings it's a pleasure to meet you both and I'm truly excited for our journeys together towards meeting our weightloss goals. I am new to actively posting on here and will be sending friend requests and accepting them. Just trying to figure out how to use that feature on this app. Also I have a couple of resources to share that I have stumbled upon researching different calorie converters and bmi charts, along with fitness planning I can share on my status. I had made it a goal to take two years to achieve that overall 150lb goal but I need to lose 50lbs and hopefully within the next 6 months. Let me know if you guys have any tips or recipes as I had to adjust my daily caloric intake because 1200 calories was too restrictive for me at the moment.
  • Connieco2023
    Connieco2023 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Me too! Me too! Can I join? I’d fit right in. I began about five weeks ago SW 302, and just hit my -10 lb mark.. and I would love some friends here.

Me too was my nickname as kid. I was the fourth kid.

Have a great night
  • KarmaD9102
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @Flowerzbloom90 I also struggled with the 1200 initially. But the trick I learned is find a favorite low calorie food & pig out enough that when you get to the main course you be full enough to not really even crave your bad habit foods or sweets. Everyone is different but this worked for me. I love broccoli so much that I would eat a whole 2 bags by myself. About time I eat my fish I'm to the point of filling full. Top it off with my bowl of rice I'm good for the day. I have my big meal at lunch. By dinner time it's something light like some cold pasta salad, or maybe two bacon and egg burritos, a small desert or homemade smoothie. And when I think I'm hungry even though I know I'm not. It's just cravings. I boil 2-4 eggs and snack on that.

Again this works for me. I truly believe everyone has to find their own rhythm when it comes to weight journey. But give it a try. You never know.
  • KarmaD9102
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hi there! Me too! Me too! Can I join? I’d fit right in. I began about five weeks ago SW 302, and just hit my -10 lb mark.. and I would love some friends here.

Me too was my nickname as kid. I was the fourth kid.

Have a great night

Congrats on the 10lb loss! I know you worked hard for it! I'm excited to see that loss for myself as well sometime soon hopefully 😄
  • Flowerzbloom90
    Options
    @KarmaD9102 Thank you for sharing that jewel. I will have to implement that. I am going to start making like graze boxes that have diced fruits, nuts and veggies so when I'm tempted to go and mindlessly snack it can be with something I already proportioned before hand, because honey the whole battle for me is not eating breakfast or lunch and then trying to have a big dinner and lots of night time snacking. I just started logging my food again and I'm just like watching my eating habits with no judgement and I'm like woah.... I do so great during the week and then when the weekend comes I usually eat with my family and I'm starting to see my trends. I know I'm like venting, but I feel like I really am seeing myself and my eating habits in a whole new light.
  • Flowerzbloom90
    Options
    @Connieco2023 Congratulations on your 10lbs weightloss🎊🫂💕 That's no small feat, and makes a huge difference.
  • Stf_fe
    Stf_fe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey .. I also re-began 5 weeks ago on 24 April with 139lbs to lose. Lost 26lbs so far by following a VLCD and upping my activity to 10000 steps a day from c. 1000 steps. Needed the initial motivation, however now planning to up calorie intake for a more sustainable journey so as to avoid errors made in the past whereby the initial excitement fades and tended to go back to all the "bad" eating habits! Would really love to share your journey!
  • KarmaD9102
    Options
    @Flowerzbloom90 I'm gonna try that "graze box" idea! That's something I need as well. This why I enjoy hearing people journeys because of tips like this you never think of yourself.

But feel free to vent. Whether it's been a frustrated day on your journey or a good one. I have no one I can discuss my ups & downs with because at this point family/friends around me are tired of hearing my endless weightloss journeys, so I don't even bring it up anymore. So I'm happy to befriend some others that are on the journey as well! Come back to this post and we all can vent & drop gems together 💚

On the weekends do you still track? I tend to eat more on the weekends and I give myself a lil grace. Maybe you can skip breakfast or have a lighter breakfast and simple lunch to save your bigger meal when you eat dinner with the family?
  • KarmaD9102
    Options
    @Stf_fe congrats on restarting your journey and the 26lbs!! Amazingly great start!!! Them initial motivations be getting us all I'm sure. But with each journey I learned something new about myself and what does and does not work for me. But please share your journey with us!