Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 224

Options

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,841 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    @deepwoodslady I’m sorry about your friend. I’m going through something similar with a good friend who, after years of eating badly and not exercising at all, is now having a collection of serious health issues. I’m torn between feeling really sad for her and being furious that she took so little care of herself. Good lessons for us all indeed! Wishing your friend — and you — the best.

@sheilaboneham She did so well for so many years. I do think the shut-ins for Covid hurt her momentum. So, I'm feeling all those things you mentioned. I'm also feeling guilt for pushing her to do better. But I don't want to see a further decline any sooner than it should be. It's so confusing! Thanks for your support.

@deepwoodslady I can show her my parents assisted living bills. Great motivation!

@SheilaBoneham Oh My! I bet!
  • tishawj
    tishawj Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone for being here for another round! I need to wrap my brain around how to maintain my successful routines while running back and forth between my parents' place and new job and our normal life...especially when parents'/job will be the regular place for most of the summer once the kids are done school and we all move up.

Female - 51yrs - 5'5"
    Goal weight - to hang out 145-150
    R223 End Weight 5/21 - 166.2

5/22 - 166.6 - got back from my job and Hubby had two cans of my absolute favourite in the history of all time ever Spring Saison from the craft brewery we love up here. Had to have them, I missed it last year so it's been two years since I've had one. Too many treats last night...Nana cookies and great beer.
    5/23 - 166.2 - Back home for just few days this week. Groceries today, need to make a plan for my lunches while I'm up at mom and dad's on the weekend. Going to get in a good hike this morning first and some stretching, my back it tight and I'm not sure why.
    5/24 - 166.4 - Good hike yesterday...will probably just walk today, it's a bit drizzly. Got a "START THE CAR!!!!" deal on ribs at the grocery store yesterday. Got a couple of packs for the freezer then did up two racks last night for dinner as BIL was up to play golf with hubby and stayed to eat after. So dinner was more than I usually have. Hopefully I can counteract it today.
    5/25 - 167.2 - no tmi and feeling puffy this morning for some reason. I know I need to get more water, I've been bad at that the last few days. Out for a hike this morning in the sunshine (but brrrrrr....) and then get organized to head up to the parents for my job for a few days. Boys aren't working this weekend so it's just me...will hopefully be easier to keep on top of the food situation without grands there for Nana to bake for. I just won't know what's for dinner as they'll probably get that done while I'm at work....small portions, and well managed breakfast and lunch will hopefully keep me on target.
    5/26 - 167.0 - Lot's of steps yesterday....then mom's dinner (fried chicken, cheddar biscuits and corn...ugh, tried to keep portions small). I have all my food up until dinner portioned out and logged so I won't stray from that...then hopefully dinner will fit in my target. Should be another active day at my job.
    5/27
    5/28
    5/29
    5/30
    5/31
  • SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,011 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    @deepwoodslady I’m sorry about your friend. I’m going through something similar with a good friend who, after years of eating badly and not exercising at all, is now having a collection of serious health issues. I’m torn between feeling really sad for her and being furious that she took so little care of herself. Good lessons for us all indeed! Wishing your friend — and you — the best.

@sheilaboneham She did so well for so many years. I do think the shut-ins for Covid hurt her momentum. So, I'm feeling all those things you mentioned. I'm also feeling guilt for pushing her to do better. But I don't want to see a further decline any sooner than it should be. It's so confusing! Thanks for your support.

@deepwoodslady I can show her my parents assisted living bills. Great motivation!

@SheilaBoneham Oh My! I bet!

@deepwoodslady I think you’re replying to @SModa61 😁🤪