Yoga retreat for men of color at Kripalu in Massachusetts May 21–26, 2023

Options
I have no financial stake in this. I wanted to spread the word because I am a big fan of one of the presenters, Reggie Hubbard, and I spent a year as a live-in volunteer at Kripalu 2001-2002. It was sooooooooooo white and female then (as am I.) This retreat for men of color is "the first of its kind at Kripalu and part of a larger effort to normalize BIPOC male wellness..."

No prior yoga experience is needed.

https://kripalu.org/presenters-programs/permission-and-refuge-healing-retreat-men-color

Replies

• hoarc1987
    hoarc1987 Posts: 52 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    This is typical for cult recruitment to target vulnerable people and promise them a group they can be in.. you got recruited for free work for a whole year (unbelievable!) in the cult and we’re told you would be making the world a better place by making it more diverse.. but in actuality you are being used to recruit for the cult and targeting vulnerable people with promise of being a group and playing on people’s desire to be good citizens and do good in the world.
  • TheOlderTheBetter
    TheOlderTheBetter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just looked up Kripalu and think it sounds wonderful. I like the idea that they are reaching out to diverse groups.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    hoarc1987 wrote: »
    This is typical for cult recruitment to target vulnerable people and promise them a group they can be in.. you got recruited for free work for a whole year (unbelievable!) in the cult and we’re told you would be making the world a better place by making it more diverse.. but in actuality you are being used to recruit for the cult and targeting vulnerable people with promise of being a group and playing on people’s desire to be good citizens and do good in the world.

Sounds like you were made to attend some kind of regular (weekly?) religious gatherings in your youth and it scarred you. I hear you man, you gotta be skeptical.