Getting back into running... High Impact Sports bra recommendations, please?

Options
pridesabtch
pridesabtch Posts: 2,326 Member
I'm getting back into running, but I'm bigger in every respect than the last time I ran (8 years ago). The girls are out of control even in the high impact sports bras I have. I've tried Champion, Victoria's Secret and Adore Me to no avail. Of these bras Champion & VS are fine for bike riding, but not when I run. The AM bra, doesn't even make me feel good during spin class. Definitely not running in it. I used to be a 34 DD, but am now clocking in with a whopping 38 DDD-F depending on the style. I can combine bras and get a little better support, but I'd like a nice one stop shop. Pull over bras are not an option at this size.

I swear the bounce actually affects my breathing when I run. It's like it interferes with the diaphragm. Not even sure if this is a thing. It's always been an issue for me though, just to a lesser extent when 34 DD/DDD. No matter my pace from 7:30min/mile (5K pace) to 9:00 min/mile (1/2 marathon pace), my breathing was always labored. Now it's debilitating.

What bras have you tried? What do you like / dislike?

Replies

• fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I am a solid dd to ddd. I just bought a zip front, back hook from Carrie Underwoods line. Cali I think the name brand? It is by far the best bra for running. I dont have to dislocate my shoulder to get the pull overs off when sweaty. Keeps me bounce free... Purchased from Dicks sporting store.
    I have used Nike, Under Amor, and a few others that just were not that great.

In the past I have run with the regular bra underwire Victoria secret bras and the support was great. I dont recall which ones, but this time around, They rub me raw.

Edit...BTW the Carrie Underwood front zip bra has 3 hooks at the front before you zipper up. I usually just use the middle hook but it keeps the girls in place in order to zip up.
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I use the SheFit high impact bra. It keeps everything strapped down tight without being uncomfortable. The best part is that it's adjustable in every possible way so that it fits perfectly.
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    I ordered a She-Fir. Hoping it is a game changer.
  • Kurstyna
    Kurstyna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When I had larger breasts I would often wear 2 bras when I trained. Worked wonderfully!
    I think Champion, Nike, VS and Playtex are all good quality bras. Mine last anywhere from 1 - 10 years
    and my only complaint is they can be hard to pull off after a really long workout.
  • slhnsdca
    slhnsdca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wacoal has a great one that goes up to a G cup.
  • teamholderhh1913
    teamholderhh1913 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    She fit is what you need! I love them. You might need a little help getting into and out of them but you will stay in place in a workout!
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    I bought the she-fit, and the girls do not move. I can’t breath, but the bounce is contained. Thank you all!