Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 224

Options

Replies

• shmmm3
    shmmm3 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    SW RND 224
    Habits I've worked on for so long that it's finally a real habit: Whole foods, plant-based is now the actual, real life, no struggle, not stressful, base of my diet!!! Total 180 turn for me in the diet department. I still have ice cream and frozen treats at night sometimes but it's not every night and I don't eat an entire pint of 1200 calories anymore. Also, I don't drink alcohol every night. Again, it's sometimes when I want it and if I want it two nights in a row, I think about it real hard first :). Most fun, I randomly do yoga poses throughout the day (chair pose is my go to right now) and I like holding it and paying attention to the changes I feel in myself and my muscles that I never knew I could actually feel working = No sweat strength training.
    Goals this round: outside nature walk every day
    Intended habits to build: Morning routine that includes outside nature walks regularly and explore new places.

previous days:
    5/22
    5/23
    5/24
    5/25 129 Hi everyone. I've been working on building a healthier inward mindset and I think it's been a good thing because I've got wins to share. I tried on a pair of pants that I last tried to wear in April and they fit then but we're uncomfortably snug around the thighs. Today they're so loose I can pinch the fabric away from the skin! I've been keeping to grocery shopping like a vegan so everything to eat and snack on at home is whole foods plant-based, and home cooked, and when eating out I'll eat whatever sounds good. And as long as it's not eating out more than once a week, that's only one day a week of meat and my body recovers so quickly it seems to barely phase me. I seem to be doing well this way and it's relieved a lot of dietary stress. I haven't been tracking or really paying attention to anything in particular except my energy level and going to bed earlier to keep from night time snacking so I'm happy to get the feedback from my pants and scale that I'm not over or under doing it. And, probably the most important... I got my blood work done and for the first time ever my doctor didn't call me to discuss my labs because they were all normal! Yay! My goal for the rest of May is to get outside and move in nature every day that the weather permits. I'm still scared of being near 130 because that should be my maintenance ceiling but I feel great and expect that as long as I don't give up on myself I can keep up these healthy habits that you all helped me start building back in January. Thank you!
    5/26 128.2 two day average: 128.6 Good day yesterday. This little drop is a surprise but I don't know what my average day weight is right now so I just hope it doesn't bounce up tomorrow. Maybe I can safely aim to end this round at a solid three day average of 128.
    5/27 DNW Good day yesterday. The nature walks make such a difference in my mood and outlook for the day. Celebratory dinner last night so I'm going to drink lots of water today and have lots of greens to help flush the sodium out. I get to eat it again today because I packed up more than half my entree to take home because I was too full despite it's deliciousness. I started pregaming eating out by either eating a small roasted sweet potato just before leaving or drinking a glass of metamucil and two more glasses of water. It makes it so I'm arrived at the restaurant not starving, I get fuller faster, and it gives me a base of fiber so I don't worry about what I'm ordering. I feel like I've hacked the system.
    5/28
    5/29
    5/30
    5/31

• SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options

🥬🥒🌶️🥑🫑🍆🥕🫐

HSW - 218.2 (Feb. 2015)
    2023 Goals — move more; eat mostly healthfully, no extremes. Have fun!

📆 2015–2023
    Feb. 2015: highest weight 218.2bbv
    2015: end weight running average 178.2
    2016: end weight running average 147.7
    2017: end weight running average 148
    2018: end weight running average 137.2.
    Extreme elimination diet (doctor prescribed) for diagnostic reasons, very low calories, then boom! Gained 40 pounds.
    2019: end weight running average 176.1
    2020: end weight running average 183.8.
    2021: end weight running average 179.4.
    2022: end weight running average 178.6

2023 Rounds
    R209 01/01/23: end weight 178.6. Ave calories — who knows? I didn’t bother with the holidays.
    R210 01/11/23: end weight 176.2 (-2.4). Ave calories 1102. No after-dinner snacking!
    R211 01/21/23: end weight 176.8 (+.6).
    R212 01/31/23: end weight 177.6 (+.8).
    R213 02/10/23: end weight 178 (+.4)
    R214 02/20/23: end weight 178 (+/-0).
    R215 03/02/23: end weight 180 (+2 ☹️)
    R216 03/12/23: end weight 178.8 (-1.2)
    R217 03/22/23: end weight 178.8 (+/-0).
    R218 04/01/23: end weight 182.8 (+4).
    R219 04/11/23: end weight 183.4 (+.6).
    R220 04/21/23: end weight 182.2 (-1.2)
    R221 05/01/23: end weight 183.2 (+1).
    R222 05/11/23: end weight 184 (+.8).
    R223 05/21/23: end weight 184 (+/-0).

R224 05/31/23 goals — calories <1300; walk 60 min+

Day, Weight, Comment

5/22 - 184
    Nothing new.

5/23 - 183.8
    I have a lot of busyness coming up this week in the mornings — this morning, Booker has class and will take his Urban Canine Good Citizen test. Tomorrow a zoom meeting with my writers group. Friday mammogram and bone density scan. I guess I have Thursday to work in the garden. 🙂 Anyway, Sunday I baked a cake, which DH asked for and, honestly, I’d been craving. It was good and I feel I got that out of my system for a while with minimal damage. So this afternoon I’m planning to get various salad fixings ready for easy use the rest of the week—chop chop chop. We’re having gorgeous weather, clear and just verging on hot. Perfect for all the planting and weeding I need to do. I thought I’d share a pic of one of my favorite easy summer lunches—makes me think of the time I spent studying in Cairo wayyyy back. Stuffed grape leaves (I love My Greek Mezze brand from Greece), tomato, hard-boiled egg, good olives. Sometimes I add hummus (Cedar’s brand is my favorite) and/or sliced bell pepper or celery. Savory, low cal, satisfying. Have a great day. All!

5/24 - 183.8
    Yesterday was a good, busy day. Booker passed his Urban Canine Good Citizen test with flying colors. Good boy! And I mostly ate responsibly. 🙂

5/25 - 183.6
    Yesterday felt busy but I don’t seem to have gotten much done. Today I get my strength training—I need to move a small lilac and remove two dead plants (shovel involved), and put down landscape fabric in another area. And pull more blankety blank weeds! All of which burns a few calories and keeps me out of the kitchen!

5/26 - 183.6
    I can’t believe it’s Friday already. Today I have my long-overdue mammogram and dexascan, then more garden work. Have to take advantage of the gorgeous weather! Have a lovely!

5/27 - 183.6
    Good news on my DEXA scan yesterday—I’ve increased my bone density since last time and am just barely over the line for osteopenia. So I’m making more improvement before my next scan in two years one of my goals. Nutrition and exercise! It actually perked me up to see that. Right now I’m not worried about strength training with all the garden redesign I’m doing, but I need to get back to regular strength training. I’ve been haphazardly tracking my calcium intake but am going to pay more attention to that as well. I do not want a broken hip! Ok, speaking of…off to walk the pup and then get to work on the garden redo. Enjoy your Saturday!

5/28 -
    5/29 -
    5/30 -
    5/31 -

• agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Joining for the round.

Weigh 151.2
    Goal 130
    Age 66

5/22 151.2 Ate on plan all day, no exercise hurt foot few days ago resting.
    5/23 150.2 Did short Qigong and yoga careful of foot. Watched my thoughts trying to temp me.
    5/24 149.5 Did Qigong and longer yoga being careful. Day was easier regarding temptation.
    5/25 148.7 Ate fine but got bad reflux I think from eating more tomatoes this week, felt yucky all afternoon short yoga
    5/26 149 Got sick after healthy lunch. Could be stress garage door broke spring can't open. Felt fine last night.
    5/27 148.5
    5/28
    5/29
    5/30
    5/31
  • Machias1949
    Machias1949 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 There are two reasons (I know of) why people are put on Statins 1) high cholesterol and 2) high blood pressure. When looking at total cholesterol, it is best to check the LDL (e.g. Bad) and HDL (good cholesterol).
    Since my Total has always hovered around 350, doctors always want me on Statins. When recently on Statins (5mg every other day) my total dropped to nearly 250, of which 100 is HDL. Which my doctor says is great FOR ME (as I do not have any other conditions putting me at risk for a heart attack or stroke). I began getting leg weakness and pain within a few months of taking and stopped 2 weeks ago)
    Over the years, they have changed the cut-off from anyone over 100 to be on Statins to a much higher number.
    Usually, people who will have a problem with Statins know quickly after starting. I used to complain constantly every time I was started on a new Statin type-it was not until I developed Neuropathy (in my fingers) that the doctors believed me and realized I had lost a lot of mitochondria in my nerves. Good luck.
    FYI: I have been off the statins for 2 weeks but will start again tomorrow--my doctor wants me to try a different method of taking it. I am not anti-Statins; just want to find a method that works for me.