How do I see replies to my comments?

Options
I've been having a lot of fun reading different threads and making comments on some. However if anyone has responded to what I've written I cannot find them. I know it's likely no one has responded but if anyone does how would I know?

Replies

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,502 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    If you click on your profile, you should be able to find an area that lists your discussions and replies, badges, etc.
  • carolinepowell885
    carolinepowell885 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @Retroguy2000
    Unfortunately not :( I did go to that area but when I click replies I only see what I have written as a reply to someone else. I didn't bookmark this post so I had to find it and see if there was a reply. Maybe it's because I'm on a phone?

I appreciate you helping me!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    Are you using the Android app, the Apple app, or the web browser version of MFP?

In the web browser version, go to the Community "Home" page, the one where all the topic areas are listed. On the right-hand side of the page, under "Quick Links", click on "My Discussions". That will be all of the threads you started.

In the Android app's main page, open the "More" menu (lower right) then click on "Community". On the main Community page that then opens, click on your avatar (profile photo/image) near the upper right corner. That should open a menu that includes "My Discussions", which again will be all of the threads you started.

I assume the Apple app is similar to the Android app (they're usually quite close), but I can't verify that because I don't have an Apple device.

Another option would be to click on the bell icon in the upper right of the Community top banner on the web version, or within the app panel that you get when you click your photo. When you click on the bell, that will open a notifications panel that lists all of the threads you've commented on (your threads or other people's that you've replied to) that have new replies. If you click on "All Notifications" at the bottom of that notifications panel, it lists a link to each individual reply in chronological order (newest first). You can then click on any reply you want to look at. (It will open the thread at that reply, but you can scroll around to other replies in the thread once it takes you there.)

If you need something more specific, say so, and I'll do some screen grabs (maybe not instantly ;) ) to show you what I mean.
  • carolinepowell885
    Options
    @AnnPT77 omg thank you! That's exactly what I needed! :smiley:
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    Flag the threads you’ve posted in, like so:

1tgizomxipy4.jpeg

This bookmarks the threads you want to follow. To find your bookmarked threads, go to “community”, click your avatar:
    54at1ywwjg1i.jpeg

And then click the little bell. That will give you a list of any activity on your bookmarked threads:
    upltocfe18xu.png

Also, if you want to mention a user and draw them to a particular thread, put an @ sign before their user name:

@carolinepowell885 @springlering62

That will add a particular post to the same area to get their attention.

• carolinepowell885
    Options
    Thank you so much!🤗
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,502 Member
    Options
    @Retroguy2000
    Unfortunately not :( I did go to that area but when I click replies I only see what I have written as a reply to someone else. I didn't bookmark this post so I had to find it and see if there was a reply. Maybe it's because I'm on a phone?

I appreciate you helping me!
    Yeah, however a quick glance at threads you've posted in may show if there was further conversation which may be of interest, whether you were directly quoted or not.