Moving Thru Mounjaro levels

Options
I've been moving up the strengths of Mounjaro levels. I am now at 7.5mg. I don't seem to be losing much yet. It's only been a few pounds so far. Can you give me your experience with this? How long did it take you to start losing significant amounts of weight? What concentration did you get to when this happened?

Replies

• rlistenb
    rlistenb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost on 2.5, but as a diabetic my doc has moved me up each month until I got to 10. Then I started getting less insulin resistant and had to learn to manage that change so stuck between 10 and 7.5 for a few months. Now moving up to 12.5 with no issues. I have, however been stuck at my current weight for about 3 months. I lost 35 lbs in the first 3 months and none really since. However I've only now just started to put a regular exercise program along with the Mounjaro, so I'm optimistic that I will get over this 'weigth stalemate' and begin loosing again.

It has helped with improving my insulin sensitivity even as a T1 diabetic. For that reason alone, I'd likely take this medication indefinitely. On the weight front, even being down 35 pounds and not gaining weight is a good thing :)
  • lorishere
    lorishere Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started back in December. I am at 7.5 now. I have lost 25 lbs. I’m on week 3 of 7.5.
  • pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I started in November and am currently at 10 mg. I've lost 44 pounds.
  • winniwoman
    winniwoman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on 12.5/5 and it does help some with feeling full. However, it does not seem to be helping with my nightly bourbon addiction. I thought Mounjaro was supposed to help you give up alcohol. Looking forward to your comments either way.
  • KerryBSoCal
    KerryBSoCal Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have been on Mounjaro 2.5 and 5.0 and will be starting my third month next week on 10.0. I’m in my 70s so the weight loss is slower (15 pounds). My doctor tells me that my 900 daily calories are enough, and she’s right. I have learned to eat healthier foods for breakfast and dinner and don’t feel the need to eat more, even though MFP says I should. I am also doing 16:8 intermittent fasting. Oh, the best nsv so far is going off blood pressure medicine!
  • FoxyShamroxy
    FoxyShamroxy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started mid sept 2022 and lost 85lbs by mid April (7mos or so) very slow now…but very happy.
  • 253Aloha
    253Aloha Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I started started February 1st and currently on 10mg. I have lost 26 pounds so far; my weight loss did not start until 7.5mg-10mg; I think I’m on my 12th week of 10mg?
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I started September 11, and am in week 4 of 7.5. I've lost 15-16 pounds thus far at an even, steady rate. I think I'd like to stay at 7.5 mg for another month before moving to 10 mg, as I'm just now feeling like I'm adjusted to the 7.5. There's been more nausea and heartburn this month and it's just now leveling out.
  • mrrick51
    mrrick51 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone here, I started a new group for people like us, https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145658-tirzepatide-semaglutide-users . Please join and help make this a resource for everyone1 Thanks!