NY resolution

Options
Hi! I started eating healthy and drinking less (way less) after seeing my pictures at Christmas. I didn’t even share pics because I was so horrified at how puffy my face was. I decided that life is too short not to share pictures of special moments in my life. I started a NY resolution, and, yes, they do work with the right kind of fortitude and perseverance. I have lost 15 pounds! One of my rewards is to track my weight here on My Fitness Pal. I love watching the graph progress downward.

Replies

• poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Good job! Sounds like you've created a plan and stuck to it. Kudos to you!
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Both weight loss and alcohol reduction helps with puffiness. I came to a similar conclusion for health and general happiness reasons a few years ago, and now don’t drink at all and have lost 79 lbs (which was a bit more than I intended to lose so I am gaining a bit back as more muscle now). I wish you much success with all of your goals! There is a Less Alcohol thread here that restarts every month and is full of really helpful and friendly people each with their own goals of what Less means for them. You may be interested in checking that out too. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10885242/less-alcohol-march-2023-one-day-at-a-time#latest
  • Sandysphat
    Sandysphat Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing pal
  • DebbsSeattle
    DebbsSeattle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I began to seek better health after Mister got home from open heart surgery last October. 7 months in I have lost 56 pounds. I no longer drink daily. I have even abstained for 7 days consecutive and another point of 8 days. I have learned that ALL OF IT hinges on gut health and adult beverages pretty much nuke the F out of your gut microbiome. I have moved to exclude wheat and grains at least 6 out of every 7 days, limit my dairy to only full fat versions and reduce quantity of servings and serving sizes and have focused on eating only whole foods that help me find my way out of insulin resistance and fight inflammation. Keep going, youare doing great. The longer you go the less to want it and would rather save the calories for a bit of butter on your veg.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You made a big change for your health and it is paying off. You are way past the New Year's resolution stage.. you are making a lifestyle change.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!