Success: A Year Ago I Couldn't Walk to My Car...

Options

Replies

• JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Reading this made me tear up. I am so happy for you and your accomplishments. You are amazing!!!
  • Daeygur
    Daeygur Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    JNettie73 wrote: »
    Reading this made me tear up. I am so happy for you and your accomplishments. You are amazing!!!

thank you so much!!!!!
  • Pdc654
    Pdc654 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration!! This is a powerful post. You have such a positive uplifting attitude.
  • Swamplady100
    Swamplady100 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful. You have done fantastic at this. Congrats.
    I once weighed 308 pounds. Right now I am 150 pounds. According to My Fitness Pal I have lost 133 pounds because I restarted my diet on Jan 3 2022.
  • Daeygur
    Options
    JTTalks wrote: »
    I am beyond happy for you. I just got back on here a few minutes ago after being gone for many years. Almost 7. I am 522 pounds. I can walk but not for long periods of time. I hope to be where you are.

You can do this!!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    you seem so happy and free. you freed yourself. so inspirational
  • stornatore
    stornatore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would mind sharing on how you started? How far did you walk etc? What exercises did you start with?

Congratulations to you and thank you for taking the time to motivate others!
  • lonny_donny
    lonny_donny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have never been in your shoes but this post makes me so happy and I'm very proud of you. Your accomplishments are grand. I wish you luck in any journey you may start. I'm rooting for you <3
  • lacylucy1935
    lacylucy1935 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    One day at a time, you have made great progress! It is all about not ever giving up, if you trip as I do and eat bad one meal / day get right back on and you will see it is going to be ok.

Great story, can't wait to see before and after pic...:)
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration. I loved reading your post this morning! Here's to YOU!!
  • Daeygur
    Options
    stornatore wrote: »
    Would mind sharing on how you started? How far did you walk etc? What exercises did you start with?

Congratulations to you and thank you for taking the time to motivate others!

Sure! I started off halving my portions before I even started exercising. I didn't cut out fast food all together because it was so addicting, but I ordered what I usually got then halved it. After a month of doing that I lost about 10 pounds, did the same thing next month but slowly cut out fast food and cooked for myself. Three months passed and I lost a total of 30 pounds. I platued for a few months until January and then the weight started falling off again. It was steady until April and as I started doing slow walks and building up to two miles it's falling off even more.

Start slow and soon you'll start picking up momentum!!!
  • Matti2day
    Matti2day Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    wow that is beyond incredible. you really are an inspiration.
  • janeenkokodynski865
    janeenkokodynski865 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! You should be SO proud of yourself! I know I AM- woo hoo!!!! xo
  • PNWtexasgirl
    PNWtexasgirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yay! So Happy for you!!!
  • ObsessivelyObsessingObsessions
    Options
    Please add me!
  • MovinNow
    MovinNow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @Daeygur Your progress is inspiring and your personality sparkles! Thanks for reminding me to focus on near term small weight loss goals (this week, this month). I know I can lose ten pounds :-)
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,599 Member
    Options
    @Daeygur ,, I LOVE YOUR STORY!! I started at 288 lbs and am now at 171 GONE 117!! It was not easy at all! Not in the least. At 288 I was 97% of the time using a power chair, walking was a HUGE STRUGGLE and my back hurt severely!! I've been around the 170ish to 180 and for a bit 212 lbs mark on and off since 2018 (Brain surgery in 2018 threw me off). In 2019 I felt so well I started to even work for the first time since 1996!!! I felt AWESOME!! Speed forward to August of 2020 I felt short of breath walking, by December I knew something wasn't right. In Jan I ended up in the hospital overnight in February I found out in congestive heart failure, and now add in chronic kidney disease. BUT!! I am so HAPPY I have lost 117 lbs!! My body is still AMAZING with ALL I can do that I could NOT do at 288 lbs!! Your story is inspirational!! WTG WTG WTG!!!
    Here on MFP I help to recruit now for a team that has helped me to develop healthy goals for life. It's pretty to actually lose weight (once we decide to really do it) but are we making it into a lifestyle forever? That hit me so hard, this challenge (team/group) sure does me do that.

It's the 2023 Summer 5% Challenge, where members have support from each other. It's a great group/team. If anyone reading this is interested, here's the link:

After you hit JOIN PLEASE PICK a team below (we sign up on this team, it's the main page, and pick a smaller team so the leaders and ourselves can (if you have the time it is NOT necessary to do this) support each other.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/144897-2023-summer-5-community-team-plz-join-us
  • fitness_goals_007
    fitness_goals_007 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is incredible. Good for you. Amazing to see you're living life to the fullest!
  • shayfiles
    shayfiles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job! Amazing accomplishment. If you can do this you can do anything!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!