Newbie Here! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Options
Hey! I'm new here and looking forward to growing in my fitness journey and meeting like minded people. ๐Ÿ˜

I started training years ago, but haven't been consistent until this past year.
I started taking my journey more seriously after I challenged myself to 100 days with no rest. I don't recommend lol, but it definitely kickstarted my motivation!

I'm really shy about going to the gym, so I got into calisthenics at home and have been loving using my olympic rings too.
I only go to the gym occasionally when I feel brave enough. ๐Ÿ˜…

Do you prefer doing your workouts at the gym or at home/outdoors?

Replies

• spr931
    spr931 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Definitely at home/outdoors and my martial arts class. I've never felt comfortable in a gym. But when I go to class it's a different vibe amongst my classmates.
  • SummitXGirl
    SummitXGirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    spr931 wrote: ยป
    Definitely at home/outdoors and my martial arts class. I've never felt comfortable in a gym. But when I go to class it's a different vibe amongst my classmates.

That's awesome you're into martial arts!
    I can understand that for sure about the different vibe.
    Enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜
  • 1ns1d3_0u7
    1ns1d3_0u7 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    100% prefer the gym. When I walk through the door, I put my headphones on and go. The gym I go to has a very old school feel though. I wouldn't be able to go to a place like Planet Fitness or something and work out.
  • RMcCabe3174
    RMcCabe3174 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use a small community gym. Iโ€™m old (6 decades)and we live in a golf course community. We are members of the social part of the club (Iโ€™m not a golfer). We enjoy the pool and the small gym in the clubhouse that is open 24 hours. Itโ€™s almost like working out at home. Itโ€™s a .25 mile walk to the facility and itโ€™s not used much in the afternoons. (The old timers- 70โ€™s plus use it in the mornings). Many days itโ€™s just me in the gym looking out over the lake! My forty minute elliptical workout is supplemented by watching all the birds out the windows.