firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Thanks everyone!
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    9 miles a day!!!!
    wow!!!!
    can you share some tips on
    a) how you got off your plateau and
    b) how you got up to running 9 miles/day? i can run maybe 2 but i am puffed after that!

Man, plateaus can make you crazy, right? I increased my cardio and added another 30 minutes to my weights and for a week, I ate most of my exercise calories (tricks your body into remembering that you want to accomplish once you drop the bottom out on the calories and start taking in the mandatory 1200-1300). This may be controversial, and I cannot say if it is right or healthy or not, but it works for me when I'm stuck....

Seriously, I started running just like you...one quarter mile at a time. I did not just wake up and have the ability to run 9 miles a day...trust me on that....I huffed and puffed too - and strive for it now. I started slowly (about 4.0 miles per hour for the first 1/2 mile, then gradually increased it to 4.5 for the last 1/2 mile), then I gradually and slowly increased the time and mph. It is about endurance, and the more you do it, the easier it becomes (I promise).

Stick with it...you can do it....mentally tell yourself you can and try to push through the fatigue .1 miles at a time and you will be successful.

There are a lot of runners on this site, so much better than me - maybe they can offer you some great advice too!

Best of luck!:flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Congratulations!!! That is wonderful! :flowerforyou: :drinker:

9 miles.......:noway: I think I'd fall over and die after 1 miles :laugh: Never been much of a runner. I can do a few hours of cardio, but just not a runner. That is awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • carrie11777
    carrie11777 Posts: 14 Member
    Thanks. I will keep you posted. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!