HAIR!

Options
2»

Replies

• LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Bobby pins. I always have about 4 of them in my hair when I'm running. It probably looks ridiculous, but it keeps it all back.

I also occasionally wear a small elastic headband to keep the smaller stray hairs back close to my forehead.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of hair, and it's thick. Pony tail doesn't cut it. i get one of those really big clips..my husband says it looks like a giant spider..pony tail it and then hook up the pony tail with the giant spider. Still get some loose stuff, but it's the best I can do. Headband in addition maybe?
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I can't keep a headband on my head, it always slides back, so I stick to a baseball cap with my ponytail out the back...keeps the sweat out of your face too :)
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Mine goes up in a big bun/clip on top of my head, and then I wear a band in front /top of my hair to keep the fly aways off my face.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I pull mine back in a ponytail and then wear a baseball cap.
  • angieaanderson
    Options
    i have long bangs that i pin to the top of my head with some teeny-tiny claw clips, then i tie the rest back into a tight ponytail. i prefer using non-slip headbands, but i have a pretty large head and always end up hurting after a while :)
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I tight it up in a high ponytail/bun and wear a bandana to keep the flyaways away from my face:tongue:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i am now growing mine long again so it should be the right length by the time i loose everything!(good timeing there) so it is long enough at the mo to put into a pony tail so it stays outta my face!
    at the start of my weight loss journey i cut it short for exersice reasons perposely!
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I tell my hair stylist that she can do whatever she wants with my hair (I have no idea and she's the professional) but it must be able to be wash and go and that I have to be able to get at least the front part out of my face for working out. Yes, it looks stupid, but I do the little ponytail up on the top front of my head. It's actually at the point where it's long enough to go back to the crown of my head. I have a hair appointment tonight, so it'll be back to looking silly while I workout. I don't care.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I have tons of whispies in the front, but long straight hair. Normally I wear a ponytail, once I start sweating I can wipe it all backwards off my forehead with a towel and it stays mostly in control. Sport bands always slip back on my head, and never stay on with my fine hair.. kinda stinks... Sometimes I do a ponytail but don't pull the last loop all the way through, it comes out eventually but for a while, it is off my back and shoulders.
  • mallo_reeee
    Options
    My hair is REALLY long. Like really long. To my waist long. I workout everyday, and when i do I just put it up in a high ponytail and use a headband with a grip on it so it doesn't slide out of my hair. i have bangs, so i just brush them back into the ponytail and use the headband. It works every time and I'm never eating my hair :)
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i do a french braid but stop at the base of my head to make it a pony tail but that way my bangs dont come out and hit me in the face when i run lol
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I have really long hair (bottom of my butt) and I just put it up into a bun. It used to not stay (especially during volleyball when I was still in high school) but now my hair is long enough I can wind it pretty tight and then I used a hair pin (bent knitting needle) to hold it and it works like a charm if it's twisted right.

And a headband for my bands :)
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    pony tail with a thin band with rubber on it to stay. My hair is way to thick and heavy for a bun to stay. I love the idea of a cloth headband for sweat. I sweat so much and it makes my hair so oily!
  • Cherrycandy
    Options
    I wear a ponytail but those wild strays still get all over my face, uggghhhhhh :grumble:
  • LAdani
    LAdani Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    A high, tight bun seems to work the best for me. I can't do a ponytail because I hate the feeling when I'm sweating and my hair gets stuck to the back of my neck.