Regarding weight lifting

Options
Hi everyone. Second day using myfitnesspal and still trying to get used to it. I inputted my usual weekly workouts at the gym into the app. Is there a way to make the app estimate how many calories I will be burning during these weight lifting sessions? It counts all the calories burned during cardio activity but nothing for weight lifting.

Replies

• CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    There is a weightlifting option under cardio. I input mine in there instead of under strength training.
  • Marquettedominos
    Marquettedominos Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Your best bet for tracking weightlifting calories would be to use some sort of heart rate monitor. They will track more accuretly than the site will.
  • kchen135
    Options
    @CALake I don't see the option for that. Is it an app only thing? If so, what phone os is it for?

@Marquettedomino I think I'll consider that if I can find a cheap one.
  • patrick77327
    Options
    I've been wondering that too. For the first 6 weeks of my strength training I did more of a circuit training routine and I just used the cardio entry since it did give me some estimate of calories burned. I just started a heavier lifting routine and in the same amount of time 30-40 minutes there is such a huge difference in Heart Rate and "feeling exhausted" between circuit lifting and strength building. I have to believe that I'm burning some calories when doing heavy weightlifting.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    YOu need to enter strength training, or circuit training under the cardio section. Tell it how long you worked out, and it will estimate your calories burned. If you rest between sets put "strength training" under cardio. If you get your heart rate up, and keep it high during your workout, You will want to list it as Circuit training.