how much fruit is too much?

Options
i eat a kiwi fruit with breakfast and have a fruit salad for part of my 2.30 meal which is: 1 cup watermelon, 1/2 cup pineapple, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup mango...

too much?

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Are you serious? :/
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    if this is the question you are asking of your diet, you are doing VERY well, so don't worry :) Keep up the good work!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    i am asking because although fruit is good for you.. too much of anything could end up bad, 1/2 a cup of fruit is one serving. so im getting 6 servings of fruit a day!! as long as im getting everything else i need in my diet this is okay yeah?
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    Well they recommened to eat atleast your five a day, by the atleast i'd say your way off over doing it on fruit :)

Sounds like a decent amount to be eating
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    It's totally fine: if 5-a-day is the absolute minimum for fruit & veg a day, and 9 is the recommended, then if you're already at 6 just with that, you only need 3 of veggies to reach quota. And that's easy.
  • valerierackly74
    valerierackly74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think it'll depend on your sugar/ carb/ calorie allowance. its recommended you have at least five portions a day but health pros would like to get the whole fruit veg thing up to seven. i did an healthy eating course and that's what they told me. so just watch your sugars and calories with it.
  • svetlana_vs
    Options
    Fruit are high calorie... but if you get it all within your calorie daily limit, you are doing great.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    It might be an idea to swap some of those fruits for veggies, due to the high sugar, but if that's your biggest problem, you're absolutely fine.