Help!!

Options
I am really tired of looking in the mirror and seeing this extra weight...I have been battling the scale for 6 years...it got worst over the past 2 yrs since surgery. I can't seem to get back on track. I lose 5lbs and gain 6lbs back. my highest weight was 239 Jan 1st of this year. I lost 14lbs and now I have gained 5lbs back. I am on this roller coaster. I have a lot of muscle and don't even look like I weigh that much but now I am seeing the bulges. This is so depressing. I have tried everything and it works for awhile and then I am right back where I started it from. A lot of it is me and my world. I just need some tips and motivation...Anyone out in MFP been where I am and have found success please....help!!! all advice is welcomed

Replies

• cindy859
    cindy859 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I pretty much live in that world also and the only answer is determination and deciding to live a healthier life style and make the right choices one day at a time. Don't set big goals for your self set your sights on like 10 lbs then work towards it--eat right and exercise and you will obtain it fairly quickly--before you know it everything falls into place and eating right and exercising is just part of your daily living. Also a good support system is necessary--make some friends here that will "root" for you and inspire you to get to where you want to be. Good luck!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    First of all.. Hugs xxx

Someone told me to take pictures of myself so I can look back on them and see the difference!!

I have and I dont look at bad as I thought, a good start for me xxx

Now all I need to do is take some next month and notice the difference xxx
  • ukyo999
    Options
    What does you doctor say? Have you had your thyroid tested?
  • 10fairywings
    10fairywings Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bless you! I think you need to give yourself a break first of all! And then maybe think about lifestyle change eating rather than dieting. I hate dieting I don't do it, something triggers in my brain that as soon as I say I am dieting I eat more crap.

Several years ago I started eating healthily and it is a way of life, I sometimes need to drop body fat (like now) but I call it cutting and it is to do my my muscle work and not a diet but a way to make the muscle show, mad I know, but if I see it like this I can do it fine!

Good Luck!!! :) xx

11064913.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • xjlishey1
    Options
    What does you doctor say? Have you had your thyroid tested?

He says it's not my thyroids it more of a sodium issue...He wants me to go on a low sodium diet...I am a chipaholic..any kind of chips..I can go without ice cream, cake, cookies, chocolate but chips...omg!! my downfall.
  • xjlishey1
    Options
    thanks guys for your advice.....I appreciate :smile:
  • xjlishey1
    Options
    First of all.. Hugs xxx

Someone told me to take pictures of myself so I can look back on them and see the difference!!

I have and I dont look at bad as I thought, a good start for me xxx

Now all I need to do is take some next month and notice the difference xxx

awww...that's an excellent idea!!
  • xjlishey1
    Options
    Bless you! I think you need to give yourself a break first of all! And then maybe think about lifestyle change eating rather than dieting. I hate dieting I don't do it, something triggers in my brain that as soon as I say I am dieting I eat more crap.

Several years ago I started eating healthily and it is a way of life, I sometimes need to drop body fat (like now) but I call it cutting and it is to do my my muscle work and not a diet but a way to make the muscle show, mad I know, but if I see it like this I can do it fine!

Good Luck!!! :) xx

11064913.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
    My best girlfriend always say that I am too hard on myself...And I understand that a diet is simply what you eat...the thing that make me the way that I am is I studied nutrition and still can't get it right. I have helped so many lose weight and when it comes to me I just can't get it together...But I want to thank you for your encouraging words and advice.
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The Beck Diet Solution!!! Get the book and find a partner to help keep you accountable. It teaches you HOW to change your unhealthy behaviors and is and excellent plan, the hardest part is getting started but once you let go of reasons why you can't do it right now, its easy. I did it 4 years ago - started at 212 - got down to 175 before I thought I was happy with my weight and stopped actively dieting and started maintaining, and over the next year I LOST another 10 lbs because of the way the program changed my behavior! I had a lot of life changes and have had to start working to lose some weight, but the book teaches you how to just make better choices and nips sabotaging thoughts and people in the bud because it shows you how to answer to those negative thoughts.

Worked great for me, and MFP has been an integral part of sticking to it!!!
    Good luck!
  • xjlishey1
    Options
    Thanks...I'll see if amazon.com has it:happy: