I am officially

Options
withchaco
withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
one whole pound lighter than I was in 8th grade, 16 years ago.

At this point, weight is mostly just a number to me. I'm more concerned about the way I look, how much/ how hard I can exercise, etc. But it's kind of... eerie to think of this fact. I'm lighter, and my lean body mass has obviously increased over the years. What baffles me is that I still have lots of fat to lose. I'd always remembered my middle school self as being "just chubby," but I must've been reeeally out of shape...

I'm fitter, too. I remember blacking out briefly at the end of the gym class one day, and it wasn't even that vigorous (I ALWAYS slacked off during gym). It's like parts of me got younger than my 8th grade self, in a very good way!

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    congrats!! Thats a victory! :flowerforyou:
  • meganbullington
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congratulations!!!:happy:
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! :) what an amazing accomplishment!
  • veedee
    Options
    great job, you must feel wonderful!!
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Congrats!...I was thinking along the same lines this morning...but not 8th grade...it was more like senior year...I am the same weight, I was before I lost weight before being off the summer before college....but I have a ways to go to do more toning!
  • Musicmedicine
    Musicmedicine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! that's amazing! Yeah, I'm only almost 20 and I am back to my 8th grade weight as well. That's such an accomplishment and it really must be a sort of revelation to you that maybe you wish you had earlier in life? We always get comfortable in our own skin but then we eventually realize how we can be healthier.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Brilliant xxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!