Common misconceptions based on your appearance

Options
Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
*I'm innocent (I'm a 32 year old mother 2, the jig is up)
*I'm doormat
*My hair is really this color (I honestly have no idea what color my hair is anymore lol)
*I"m not reasonably physically strong

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    That I'm not strong
  • speakz82
    Options
    You probably already know this, but most people don't believe I ever used to be fat.
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    That I have always been into fitness.
    that Im 24, lol but I dont mind when this one happens.
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Everyone assumes I am about 10 years younger than I am...ok not a bad thing but then they dont believe my kids are my kids!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    You probably already know this, but most people don't believe I ever used to be fat.

I don't!

It's amazing what one can do when they put their mind to it.
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    That i never argue with everyone
    That i'm always calm
    That i'm 14... this gets old.
    That i only like healthy food.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am 50 and just learning about myself. Bout time, huh?

It seems I appear to be a doormat because I am kind and compassionate.

I am here to say, I am no longer. Wipe your feet on me and I shall trip you.

Just sayin:wink:
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    That I'm around 15/16...I'm 24
    That I couldn't win in a fight *snorts*******
    That I'm a pushover *holds sides*
    And that I'm sweet and innocent *collapses in fits of laughter*
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    That I'm a nice person. Lol.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    People trip out when they meet me in person. I talk to 99% of my clients over the phone and none of them would ever think I was black. Dude I just have a Seattle, Wa/ California accent..lol

So I have heard "you sound white" which I just sound proper and enunciate. It has never bothered me. I was a sportscaster for years so it comes with the territory.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I honestly dont know what people think. You tell me!! LOL
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    People believe I am lazy and immobile because of my size. Even when I'm in the gym! Then I do 15-20 mins on the elliptical..and the rower... and then something else... and they look at me in complete disbelief. By the time I'm all red-faced and sweaty, they start changing their views!

I have the opposite of people thinking you were never fat. People never believe I was active as a child. (Fastest sprinter when I was young, played sports like rugby and hockey when I was older).

I guess we should all try to learn not to judge from first appearances, right?
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    That I cant kill you with my bare hands..... studied karate for 12 years
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Because I have big boobs people seem to think I'm a slut. Also people seem to think I'm younger than I am. I used to be the youngest at my workplace and civic involvement. I'm not anymore but I keep hearing "we really need more young people like you to get involved! "
  • Thompsonic7
    Options
    That I'm older than I am. That I'm angry/quick tempered etc (red hair!)
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    1. That I come from a wealthy family. I just happen to be very fortunate and lucky so end up living the same life as the wealthy...this shows through my natural face structure (although I try not to show it in pics here, I often look very mature/serious in real life >_<) and I wear very nice clothing and stuff...Although I think my lifestyle is the main contributor!

\(^▽^/*) Ive never heard of this before tho, so I think it is uncommon! I tend to get what I want.

2. That I am more normal...Im actually very weird. People are always shocked at first with small details about myself, but really, that is when I am trying to show a more normal side of myself haha. ( ̄▽ ̄)Y

3. My personality is more serious...I often make mature decisions in life because I want a good life (obviously \(--)/!), but my personality is really a bit goofy I think.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    That I'm good with pain.
    ---> FALSE. I am actually just really good at hiding it! Whether it's physical or emotional, people always tell me they can never tell if something hurts or not.

That I wear contacts.
    ---> FALSE: I have green eyes and so many people think they're fake.

That I'm a teacher.
    ---> FALSE: I'm still a student! However, I'm studying to become a teacher.

That I love to workout.
    ---> FALSE: I'm a gymaholic!
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    First time they see me: I'm a Hard *kitten*, Inflexible *kitten* (Sometimes they are right).

Never believe that I grew up in the projects of NY. I lived in Edenwald Projects in the Bronx until I was 22. Didn't move to Hudson Valley NY until I turned 33.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    That I played volleyball or basketball. ( I'm 5'11 with broad shoulders but I'm a terrible athlete)
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    now that i lost so much weight everyone thinks im anorexia and starving myself my goal is 125 and 5'8 everyone thinks something wrong with me and i get the pity look all the time and whispers about me behind my back at work. and the famous "if you ever want to talk........"