Low Fat Yet Delicious Pizza

SkyraBee
SkyraBee Posts: 39 Member
edited September 19 in Recipes
Sorry if the title is misleading, but I'm looking for a lower fat, yet delicious pizza recipe that I can make at home. I really miss eating pizza and would like to make some (with your help). :)

Replies

• SkyraBee
    Sorry if the title is misleading, but I'm looking for a lower fat, yet delicious pizza recipe that I can make at home. I really miss eating pizza and would like to make some (with your help). :)
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    I like to make pita pizzas with a salad for supper.

1 Whole Wheat pizza
    Pesto or tomato pizza sauce
    Onions
    Mushrooms
    Roasted red peppers
    Or whatever toppings you like
    Mozza cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook for 7 minutes and then broil for 1 minute if you like crispy pizza.

Or, when I'm pressed for time and don't want to make something from scratch I eat Mccain International Thin Crust pizza (Marinated Tomato & Chicken - Multigrain).
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Ooohhh, I make mine with whole wheat pitas, too!!! I use every veggie I like, including some spinach, and top it with some chopped lean ham or smoked turkey breast. I also use soy cheese sometimes-it really does melt like the real stuff. Perfect portion control, and even my husband easts them! It's fun for the kids to make their own, too!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    "Flat Out" brand flat bread (usually used for wraps)
    tomato sauce or tomato paste
    veggies (I like mushrooms, baby spinach leaves, olives)
    a little pepperoni if you like or grilled chicken
    part skim mozzarella cheese

Bake for about 10 min at 350 . Makes a perfect personal size thin crust pizza. Use one flat bread for each person you are cooking for.Also the flat breads come in different flavors like italian herb and sun dried tomato. My husband loves them! Also recently I was at a Pampered chef party where they mixed olive oil and minced garlic and spread it on the pizza crust before adding the toppings. It had no tomato sauce on it and it was really yummy! :tongue:
  • SkyraBee
    Thank you! I'll give this a try over the weekend.
This discussion has been closed.