Plus size workout gear

Options
TattedInStilettos
TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
I joined planet fitness a month ago with the goal of weight lifting along with cardio...

Because I'm plus size I would wear baggy pants and a big shirt and the clothes were limiting my movement...

So about two weeks ago I went and purchased some workout leggings, workout body suits and tank tops and it was like a confidence boost... I really started to get into the workouts...

I feel you should wear what makes you feel good because at the gym we all have our goals to reach and should focus on that and not the people around you...

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Good job get into a fitness routine and having the confidence to wear clothing that works for YOU! Love the username btw.

I had the same kind of attitude shift last year. If I wore capri leggings or bike shorts out for a walk I'd always wear a tunic length top or long jacket to protect the world from the sight of my old lady butt. Then I decided screw it, I'll wear what I'm most comfortable in so I can stay cooler on a hot day and not have miles of excess fabric flapping around on a windy day.
  • Sammi_x_
    Sammi_x_ Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Well done in finding something that you find comfy! There is never a need to dress fancy or in the latest stuff for other people. Dress in what works for you!

I work out in like a hugely baggy top with primark cycle style shorts! perfect for me. Im not there to impress anyone.