Feeling great at 69!

Options
dwilliamca
dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
I'm on MFP for the third time and doing well. I down about 35 lbs over the past 3 months, and going for at least another 35. This is where I have plateaued and burned out previously, and slowly put it back, but this time I feel like I've done it pretty effortlessly and am feeling strong and good. I eat 25% carbs...0 sugar or white starches, 35-40% fat, and 35-40% protein. I eat high protein and airfried vegetables almost every meal. I buy protein powder and have a yummy smoothie with almond milk and berries for my snack to keep my protein high. Protein does make the difference as I'm always full, plus I'm gaining muscle. The other thing I do is daily gentle yoga with Adriene on YouTube. I was disabled with a bad back and couldn't hardly walk. Now here I am!

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Good on ya! You've found what works for you. 😁
  • drv123
    drv123 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • imlenny2330
    imlenny2330 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE YOUR ACT TOGETHER... CONGRATULATIONS.
    Your post gave me some tips to add to my diet... Thank you!!!

FEELING GREAT AT 83!
    I lost 50 pounds over about the past 6-8 months and still working hard at it.
    I recently added walking my dog around the area for at least 1 hour every morning for light exercise.
    Lenny
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,118 Member
    Options
    LOVE your story @dwilliamca!!! You are doing wonderful!! CONGRATS!!! Would you like (or anyone else) to join a supportive team to help you along? Those of us who understand the ups and downs, how having healthy habits help us along as you are doing? Please join us on the 2023 Summer 5% Challenge. Here's the link to look it over. I am down 117 lbs thanks to it, like you I've learned so much, and am still learning! I am a few years younger it's so neat!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/144897-2023-summer-5-community-team-plz-join-us

Here's what the 5% Challenge is about:
    Plz join and have fun as we lose 5% of our weight, improve our health and make new friends. Race to Fascinating Places for 8 Weeks. Now you can write your own success story! Have a chat or post questions in the Airport Lounge Discussion. Your friends are welcome too. Start date July 8th.

If anyone decides to join please after you click on JOIN click on the link below or look for the feed:

💺Need a Seat on a Team? Post ONLY Here

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891482/need-a-seat-on-a-team-post-only-here/p1
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!