Remembering to weigh myself

Options
Hi everyone. I often have trouble remembering to weigh myself in the morning and I don't want to do it after I've already eaten as the number will be off. Any tips on how to remember? I haven't weighed myself in about a week and a half and am worried if I do now, after I just ate, I'll be disappointed since the number will be higher than it would be before any meals. Thanks!
Tagged:

Replies

• herringboxes
    herringboxes Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Think about your morning routine. Do you use the bathroom when you get up? Put the scale right there to remind you. Or mentally tie weighing yourself with something else, like “When I brush my teeth I also weigh myself.”

Another consideration is to just accept weighing yourself after breakfast every day. No, it’s not the most ideal method but if you do it consistently, you’re still going to see your progress.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,282 Member
    Options
    I would consider putting an alarm on your phone, until it becomes a habit?

Or weight yourself after breakfast and subtract the weight of your breakfast from that number.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once or twice a month avoiding bloating with different parts of my menstrual cycle. Always first thing in morning. I definitely don’t try to weigh every day!
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    If you miss days here and there it doesn’t matter. There can be a lot of fluctuations with daily weigh ins and that freaks a lot of people out.

Anecdotally it’s every Friday morning first thing after peeing.
  • thesawyerbunch
    thesawyerbunch Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, every Sunday. I don't think it leads to a healthy mindset to weigh oneself daily. As for remembering to weigh yourself, you could set a reminder on your phone, use a calendar, or use sticky notes.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    csplatt wrote: »
    I weigh myself once or twice a month avoiding bloating with different parts of my menstrual cycle. Always first thing in morning. I definitely don’t try to weigh every day!
    I weigh myself once a week, every Sunday. I don't think it leads to a healthy mindset to weigh oneself daily. As for remembering to weigh yourself, you could set a reminder on your phone, use a calendar, or use sticky notes.

Weighing daily is how I learned I retained water at ovulation, as well as menstruation. I would have missed this had I weighed less often.

I'm also more likely to stay on plan if I weigh daily.

And weighing daily helped me make peace with the inevitable fluctuations.

OP - my bladder gets me up in the morning, and after I use the bathroom, I weigh.
  • Edintokyo
    Edintokyo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I keep my scale next to my bed.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Soft ponytail holder on your wrist. Note in the bathroom. Note on your bahthrobe. Some easy reminder.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    Can you just stick it in the kitchen so it's right there all convenient and stuff to weigh yourself before you eat?

But, yeah, in the bathroom after you go in the morning (if you do). And strip off your jammies while you're at it! 😁
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Sticky on your mirror. You’ll see it when you wash your hands.