Common misconceptions based on your appearance

Options

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    People have had the misconception that I was easy, or that I wanted a certain kind of attention, because I have big boobs. I didn't put them there. They just grew like that. I've considered having them reduced, but I hate the concept of surgery just for vanity's sake.

People also think I'm younger and less experienced than I am. Most women think it's a compliment to be seen as young, but it really doesn't do anyone any favors in the workplace. A manager once told me "You have good business sense for your age." I almost asked him how old he thinks I am.

I also have the occasional "Aren't redheads feisty?" That's a self fulfilling prophecy. I'm usually not mean, but I can be if I want to. I don't have any temper problems though.
  • Murphk323
    Options
    That I'm a b*tch and I think I'm better than everyone else. My friends told me when they first met me they thought I was going to act stuck up.

That i'm not intelligent/Bimbo.

I'm actually one of the boys, a cheesy dork and a complete tomboy. I just know how to clean up nice ;)
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    When ppl meet me, they think:

1) I'm a b!tch (I can be, but I'm really not).
    2) I'm 20 (I'm really 28).
    3) I'm Cambodian, Hawaiian, Samoan (I'm really Filipino/Chinese/German/Spaniard).
    4) I'm dumb (How can a 4.0 GPA student be dumb?).
  • leilani♥
    Options
    When ppl meet me, they think:

1) I'm a b!tch (I can be, but I'm really not).
    2) I'm 20 (I'm really 28).
    3) I'm Cambodian, Hawaiian, Samoan (I'm really Filipino/Chinese/German/Spaniard).
    4) I'm dumb (How can a 4.0 GPA student be dumb?).

I soooo dont and never did think those things about you sis .. you're freaking Amazing!!!

People think:

I'm younger than I am.
    I'm not easy to talk to. or maybe even unfriendly ::shrug:: (I always initiate the conversations when I go to ZUMBA! Lol)
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to diet/nutrition/exercise because I am still big.

Oh and the "look right through you" stare from girls (although that's starting to become less or an occurrence)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    that im crazy......oh wait you said misconcertions.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    that im crazy......oh wait you said misconcertions.

bwahahaha
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    Im either stuck up or stand offish... Neither of which I am ... Just VERY shy and tend to be task oriented and focused
  • letsdothis2010
    letsdothis2010 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    That I'm sweet & meek....or young & stupid.

I'm a kind person...but I am also brutally honest, I refuse to be walked on, I know what I want and I am extremely sarcastic.

I'm 22....but I am intelligent and it is very likely that I've had more life experience than most people my age or older.
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    People assume I'm in high school (I'm 21 and graduating college in May)
    People assume that I'm innocent (I've been married for 3 years, like OP said "the jig is up")
    People don't realize that I'm actually pretty smart (My IQ is 142 but I'm an art student so obviously I'm a doped up hipster hurr durr)
    People are very surprised when they find out I'm in a band (I "dress like a grandma" so it's surprising that I do something cool?)
    People are very surprised when they find out I'm into video games (re: "dress like a grandma", emphasis on female)
    People are very surprised when they find out I like hiking/biking (because I'm overweight)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    People trip out when they meet me in person. I talk to 99% of my clients over the phone and none of them would ever think I was black. Dude I just have a Seattle, Wa/ California accent..lol

So I have heard "you sound white" which I just sound proper and enunciate. It has never bothered me. I was a sportscaster for years so it comes with the territory.

I'm 26 but apparently on the phone I sound like I'm about 5 years old. Anytime someone who doesn't know me (like telemarketer or business client) calls I always get "Can I talk to your mommy or daddy?" ... Its annoying.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    My hair...

People always assume I play the guitar just because I have long hair. I can't even count the times I have been out somewhere and someone just randomly hands me a guitar and expects me to be able to play it WTF?? :huh:
    They also always think I smoke pot, coke,meth etc.

Because I'm ugly... :embarassed:

People assume I don't have feelings, that it is ok to call me names and make fun of me. Being pretty gives you free license to treat me as second class. As much as people deny that they would ever do this, the truth is that they do it all the time and believe that they are "good" people, even on mfp....
    People also assume that I am stupid.

Because of my Asian blood....

People assume I can solve complex equations in my head, and that I am a bad driver when the opposite it true in both cases.
    Everyone thinks I have a small package too. :frown:

Fat.....

People always try to push burritos on me.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    -I'm a stuck up snob because I'm quiet and don't walk around with a dopey grin.
    -I'm always pissed off.
    -I'm dumb since I get nervous doing things like practice for handcuffing and personnel/baggage searches during training. I'm actually really good at my job-I just have no self-confidence and low self-esteem.
    -I'm younger than I am (not arguing with this).
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options

Because I'm ugly... :embarassed:

EFF them. You aren't ugly.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Oh this is a good one.

1. Phone clients think I'm White because of how I talk and will say so when they finally see me, "What? I so thought you were White, omg". Right, *kitten* hat, sorry I don't sound like the "typical" Mexican. Which leads me to the next one

2. I live in a "ghetto", we've had four homicides in the past four months and yes this is a generally "bad" neighborhood. Mostly working class and working poor Latinos. When I've mentioned where I live, people assume I just moved here due to the economy being so bad. No, d ickhead, I'm born and raised in the ghetto, sorry I don't have five kids with five different babydaddies, felonies, and I don't "talk ghetto".

3. That I'm into hip hop etc because I am Latina. I'm not. I like anything from bluegrass, Bollywood tunes, country, indie, classic rock, etc.

4. No one believes me when I tell them I'm a nerd.

5. That I'm a b itch or high maintenence because I'm very thin.

6. That I have an eating disorder because I'm thin.

7. That I can cook Mexican food. I can't. I can make a nice bangers and mash though. My ex is of English descent, so his mom taught me lots.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    My hair color is a nasty blond rather then the brown I dye it.
    That I'm not a gamer. I am, just not as hardcore as others.
    Because I have large lips that I like to give fellacio.[fkn disgusting]
    That because I'm a bigger girl and I flirt a lot that I'm easy. I just like to flirt!
  • danapounce
    Options
    I dont really know, except people find me intimidating.
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    That im a teenager and still in high school - ....I actually started to grow a beard because of how often this occurs.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I still get carded occasionally, despite being 28. I looked like I was 14 until I was about 20. I'm finally starting to look my age. Not sure if that's a good thing or not...

Because I'm fat I don't like sports. I'm a soccer addict. I'd still play if my knees would let me, but I enjoy kicking the ball around quite a bit.

It seems that all guys see is my boobs, not my face. I know I'm not the prettiest thing on the planet, but I'm not just a big pair of boobs!! :cry:

People don't believe me that I like playing MMOs and that I'm really smart. I have an IQ near 150. I'm smart, damnit.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    That I am married and have kids...emphasize the 's'. Ah..no I am Wonder Woman...She does not have kids or a husband...Amazon folks! LOOOOOL! But seriously, people assume that all the time.